General Terms and Privacy Statement
- Member Enrolment: There is no fee to join IHG One Rewards. New Members may enrol in the Programme by completing the required information on the Programme website, through IHG branded hotels, the IHG One Rewards App or other channels authorised by IHG. By enrolling in the Programme and using your membership account, you will be eligible for benefits as described below and you will be eligible to earn IHG Rewards Points (“Points”), which can be redeemed for Reward Nights (as defined below) and various merchandise.
- Participating brands: IHG hotel brands currently participating in the Programme (“IHG Hotels”) include the following:
- Atwell Suites™
- avid® hotels
- Candlewood Suites®
- Crowne Plaza®
- EVEN® Hotels
- Holiday Inn®
- Holiday Inn Express®
- Holiday Inn Resort®
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations®
- Hotel Indigo®
- HUALUXE® Hotels & Resorts
- Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants
- Regent® Hotels & Resorts
- Participating Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
- Staybridge Suites®
- Vignette™ Collection
- voco™ hotels
Hotel brands participating in the Programme may be added or removed at IHG’s sole discretion. Mr & Mrs Smith hotels also participate in the Programme but are not IHG properties and do not follow IHG brand standards.
- Member Contact Information: Members must provide current and valid contact information and keep such information updated in their Member profile. IHG relies on Member contact information as reflected in Member profiles for any necessary communications. IHG has the right to terminate a Member’s account and/or revoke Member Points if an account has multiple email addresses and/or is suspected of being related to fraudulent or abusive activity. IHG reserves the right to terminate the Member accounts and/or revoke Points from accounts without valid contact information.
- Eligibility: By participating in the Programme and taking advantage of its benefits, you agree to the following:
- To maintain and use only one IHG Rewards account at any time
- To be the only individual using your Member account (i.e., not sharing your account with anyone unless expressly permitted by IHG)
- That you have provided current and valid contact information
- That your name as shown on your Member account matches your legal identification
- That you only have one email address for your Member account
- That you are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in your state or province of residence, whichever is older
- That you have not enrolled as a company and/or other entity, as only individuals are permitted to enrol in the Programme
- That you have read and understand these Terms and Conditions
- Termination by Member: To close a Member account, contact IHG Customer Care.
- IHG’s Terms and Conditions, Programme Rights: IHG reserves the right to modify, alter, or otherwise update the Membership Terms and Conditions for the Programme, and to modify, suspend, or cancel the Programme at any time. The “last updated” date set forth at the end of these Terms and Conditions indicates when changes have been made, and it is a Member’s responsibility to review changes to the Terms and Conditions regularly. By continuing your membership in the Programme after the date on which changes are made to the Terms and Conditions, you are agreeing to those changes and affirming your agreement to comply with all of the Terms and Conditions, as updated. The current Programme Membership Terms and Conditions supersede all prior published Programme Membership Terms and Conditions.
- IHG’s right to cancel membership, revoke or adjust Point deposits: IHG has the right to cancel any membership, and to revoke any and all unredeemed Points, benefits and/or rewards collected in a Member’s account, for reasons that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Member’s violation of these Terms and Conditions
- Member’s misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Programme
- Member’s violation of any national, regional, or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges
- Member’s failure to provide and maintain valid contact information
- Member’s failure to pay for hotel charges and/or any expenses incurred during a Member’s Stay, including if such failure to pay is the result of a Member’s cheque being returned for insufficient funds or being invalid for any reason
- Member’s commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Programme, including but not limited to the abuse of corporate rates without authorisation (such as by failing to show appropriate identification or validation at Check-In), any conduct that improperly impacts the accumulation of Points or rewards, or abuses the redemption aspects of the Programme (including the use of “bots” or other automated means of promotion entry)
- Member maintaining more than one active account
- Member’s physical, verbal, or written abuse or harassment of hotel personnel or IHG personnel
- Member’s abuse/misuse of any benefits or privileges provided by any IHG branded hotels or use of such benefits or privileges in violation of the applicable terms and conditions for them, including but not limited to the sale or barter of any Points or Point vouchers or Reward Nights
- Member booking a stay on a paid rate and receiving points and benefits at more than one property on any given night, excluding Reward Nights
- Member taking any other action or engaging in any other activities that are to the detriment of the Programme, SCH, or an IHG branded hotel; all as may be determined by SCH in its sole discretion
If a Member account is duplicated or unauthorised activity is discovered, SCH may suspend the membership for up to six months or until the account is secured by contacting IHG Customer Care. The Member may be required to create a new account or update their personal information for additional security. If a Member has no activity for five years, IHG reserves the right to permanently cancel the membership.
IHG’s cancellation of a membership is effective immediately, and in cases of inactivity or fraudulent activity, IHG may close, suspend, or cancel the account without notifying the Member. IHG will not be responsible for failure to notify any Member of cancellation of the Member’s account if the Member’s account did not contain valid contact information. In the event IHG cancels a membership as permitted under these Terms and Conditions, IHG has no obligation to permit the individual whose membership was cancelled, to re-enrol in the Programme.
Members whose accounts are cancelled, by IHG or by the Member, will forfeit all Points, Point vouchers, Reward Nights, and any other benefits associated with the account, and the Member will no longer be able to earn or redeem Points under this Programme.
IHG may withdraw Points from a Member’s account if they were deposited into the Member’s account in error and may revoke all Points in a Member’s account if the Member abuses the Programme, including but not limited to abuse of the Point redemption process.
In addition to the consequences set forth above, Programme violations (including but not limited to the sale or use of Elite status benefits for commercial gain), suspected fraud, or abuse in relation to promotions, Point or mileage credit or reward usage is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and by IHG, including, without limitation, freezing your account, the forfeiture of all Point transfers, rewards, vouchers, merchandise issued pursuant to Point redemptions, and any accrued Points or miles in your account, as well as cancellation of the account and your future participation in the Programme.
- Employer and Country Restrictions: Some employers may have a policy that prohibits or restricts employee participation in the Programme. Some countries’ laws may also prohibit participation in the Programme or some aspects of the Programme. Members are responsible for complying with local laws and regulations, applicable terms and conditions of their employment, their employers’ internal policies and procedures, and any other rules to which they are subject. IHG assumes no responsibility or liability for Members’ compliance with such policies, laws, rules, or regulations.
- Arbitration: Except with respect to any claim or dispute involving the ownership, validity, or use of any IHG trademarks or service marks, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, any dispute arising out of or related to the Programme or the Programme Terms and Conditions, seeking as relief money damages or Points and/or attorneys’ fees or other damages (“Covered Claims”) will be submitted for arbitration to the American Arbitration Association (AAA). IHG shall have the right in a proper case to obtain temporary restraining orders, temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, and/or declaratory relief (other than declarations with respect to the amount of money damages) from a court of competent jurisdiction.
The arbitration proceedings shall be heard by one independent arbitrator who shall be an attorney or retired judge. The arbitration shall be held in accordance with the then-existing Commercial Arbitration Rules of the AAA. All matters within the scope of the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. 1, et seq.) will be governed by it and not by any state arbitration law. You and IHG waive any rights to maintain other available resolution processes for such disputes, such as a court action or administrative proceeding, to settle disputes. You and IHG waive any right to a jury trial for such disputes. The rules in arbitration are different from the rules that apply in court. There is no judge or jury, and review is limited, but an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief, and must honour the same limitations stated in the terms and conditions, as a court would.
In reaching his or her decision, the arbitrator shall follow the Programme Terms, shall be bound to apply the applicable law, and shall not rule inconsistently with the applicable law. The arbitrator may not (1) without the consent of all parties, combine more than one individual’s claim or claims into a single case, (2) participate in or facilitate notification to others of potential claims, or (3) arbitrate or preside over any form of a class, mass, collective, or representative proceeding. The arbitrator shall include in his or her award any relief he or she deems proper in terms of money damages (with interest on unpaid amounts from the date due at the maximum rate allowed by law), and attorneys’ fees and costs. The award of the arbitrator shall be conclusive and binding upon all parties to the proceeding, and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If a party violates this arbitration agreement by commencing an action asserting a Covered Claim in a court of law, then the court (and not an arbitrator) shall have the authority to resolve any disputes about the interpretation, formation, existence, enforceability, validity, and scope of the Programme Terms and Conditions, including this arbitration agreement, and the Waiver of Class, Mass, Collective, and Representative Claims. However, if a party complies with this arbitration agreement and files for arbitration without filing a complaint in a court of law, then the arbitrator shall have the authority to resolve any disputes about the interpretation of the Programme Terms and Conditions for purposes of discovery or the merits of the underlying claim, but shall have no authority to resolve any disputes about the formation, existence, enforceability, or validity of the Programme Terms and Conditions, including this arbitration agreement, and the Waiver of Class, Mass, Collective, and Representative Claims.
Other than as may be required by law, the entire arbitration proceedings (including, but not limited to, any rulings, decisions, or orders of the arbitrator) shall remain confidential and shall not be disclosed to anyone other than the parties to proceeding.
- Limitations Period: Any and all claims and actions arising out of or relating to the Programme Terms and Conditions must be started within one (1) year from the occurrence of the facts giving rise to such claim or action, or such claim or action shall be barred. This Limitations Period section does not apply to residents of New Jersey, and is not applicable where local law prohibits it.
- Waiver of Class, Mass, Collective, and Representative Claims: To the extent permitted by law, you agree that you will not file a class action against IHG, participate in a class action against IHG, file or seek a class, mass, collective, or representative arbitration against IHG, or participate in such an arbitration against IHG, for any claim or action arising out of or related to the Programme or the Programme Terms and Conditions. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that all such claims may only be brought in your individual capacity, and not on behalf of other individuals.
- Miscellaneous Provisions: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and IHG with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior oral and written agreements. No failure or delay on the part of IHG in exercising any right or remedy hereunder or enforcing the Terms and Conditions will operate as a waiver thereof. If any part or provision of these Terms is found to be invalid, unenforceable, or void, then the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect. If the Waiver of Class, Mass, Collective, and Representative Claims is found to be unenforceable, then any claim brought on a class, mass, collective, or representative action basis must be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction, and such court shall be the exclusive forum for such claims. Headings are for convenience only and not for use in interpretation of this Agreement.
- Release: By participating in the Programme, each Programme Member agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless IHG, its advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their directors, officers, agents, and employees from all claims or damages arising out of any use or misuse of the Programme by that Member. This Release section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.
- Maintaining Member Information; Protecting Your Account: Programme Members are responsible for keeping their profile information current, including relevant contact information, such as mailing address and email address. Most personal information and communication preferences can be updated by logging into the Member account on the IHG Rewards website. For name changes, please contact IHG Customer Care, and please be prepared to provide supporting legal documentation for your name change (such as a driver’s licence with your new name, marriage certificate, passport, or other legal documentation). Each Programme Member is responsible for restricting access to and maintaining the confidentiality of the Member’s account and PIN/password and agrees to accept responsibility for the activities of anyone using the Member’s PIN/password. When contacting IHG Customer Care about your account, you may be asked for additional information for fraud prevention and security purposes.
- Data Protection: Under the data protection legislation of various countries, we are required to particularly draw your attention to the fact that by applying for Programme membership, and by virtue of your continued membership, you accept and explicitly authorise IHG, in its capacity as data controller, by its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or franchisees, including IHG hotels in nearly 100 countries, and by IHG Customer Care and InterContinental Ambassador Customer Care, to do the following with the personal information you supplied during enrolment in the Programme or during the course of your Programme membership: (i) process it, (ii) transfer it worldwide to any third parties with which IHG is affiliated within the scope of the Programme, (iii) transfer it to third parties to process on IHG’s behalf, where required by applicable law, or in the event of a company reorganisation, merger, or acquisition, for use of such information in the administration of membership records, or for use in connection with guest service, advertising, marketing, and communication purposes. Such third parties or IHG may contact you by mail, fax, telephone, email or SMS. In addition, IHG may offer you a benefit in the form of an opportunity to receive information on goods or services that may be of interest or value to you, by providing various companies with a list of IHG Rewards Members. This is an opt-in benefit for Programme Members who are residents of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Canada, or other countries that require an opt-in process. If you reside in a country that requires such benefits to be offered on an opt-in basis, and you would like to opt-in, you will need to make the appropriate selection in the online preference centre or contact IHG Customer Care or InterContinental Ambassador Customer Care. Members residing in all other areas of the world, including the U.S.A., will automatically get this benefit upon enrolment, but can choose to be excluded from such affiliated third-party contacts and/or such mailing lists by making the appropriate selection in the online preference centre or by contacting IHG Customer Care or InterContinental Ambassador Customer Care. You can find more information about how we handle your personal data in our privacy statement including how to exercise any rights you may have under applicable law in relation to your data.
- Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, United States, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. Any dispute not covered by the terms of the Arbitration provision set forth in these Programme Terms and Conditions may be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Georgia, United States.
- Restricted by Law: This Programme or participation in it is not valid, and/or the awarding of Points or partner miles/credits, and/or the granting of rewards is void, where prohibited or restricted by law in the Member's home country (domicile) or locality.
- Tax Liability: Tax authorities may determine that IHG Rewards Points, rewards, and airline miles received through participation may be subject to tax liability, including, without limitation, foreign, federal, state and local taxes, surcharges, security charges and departure taxes. In that case, any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt and/or use of rewards is the responsibility of the IHG Rewards Member.
- Programme Interpretation: Interpretations of Programme Terms & Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of IHG.
- Transfer of IHG Rewards Points Upon Death: When an IHG Rewards Member passes away, the Member's Points may be transferred to the IHG Rewards account(s) of the Member's beneficiary(ies). The request for transfer should be sent to IHG Customer Care by the executor or administrator of the decedent’s estate, along with court documents showing authority, or by a sole beneficiary, along with copies of the decedent’s will and death certificate. The request must be received within one (1) year of the date of death. Transfer fees will be waived.
- No Guarantees on Merchandise: IHG, its franchisees, and its agents make no guarantees, warranties, or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to items of merchandise or products (including but not limited to items obtained by redeeming Points), or services of partners. IHG shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, any legal fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items or as a result of any defect or failure of such items. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are specifically disclaimed. This Guarantees on Merchandise section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.