Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions
When you book directly with us, we promise you’ll always get the lowest price online. If you find a better price somewhere else, we’ll match it and give you five times the IHG® Rewards Club Points, up to a 40,000-point maximum – so you can focus on your stay, not your wallet.
The Best Price Guarantee programme (“Programme”) is offered by Six Continents Hotels, Inc., an InterContinental Hotels Group company (“IHG”), and these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) describe the Programme. By filing a claim or otherwise seeking to take advantage of the Programme, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Employees of any InterContinental Hotels Group company or employees at any IHG branded hotel are not eligible for the Programme.
The Best Price Guarantee Programme is not applicable to hotels in Mainland China, Macau, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
- Under the Programme (as further described below), if you book a hotel room at an IHG branded hotel using any IHG direct channel (such as a branded website, call centre or the mobile app), and within 24 hours of making your reservation you find a lower rate online for the same hotel room, number of guests, and reservation dates, and submit a qualified guarantee claim form, we’ll match the lower rate and give you 5X the IHG® Rewards Club points, up to a 40,000-point maximum, for the room rate for that hotel stay.
- IHG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter, or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions, and/or to add, modify, restrict, suspend, discontinue, or cancel the Programme without notice. The Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Programme. Interpretation of Programme Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of IHG.
- Any disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions or the offer of the Programme shall be resolved individually, without resort to class action, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A., exclusively by an appropriate federal or state court located in the State of Georgia, U.S.A.
- Book. To be eligible for the Programme, you must have a confirmed reservation made through an IHG direct channel, such as an IHG website, call centre or the mobile app. The reservation must be booked using the “Best Available” search feature to find the lowest rate available for the chosen room type.
- Find a Lower Rate. If you find a lower rate on an eligible, non-IHG website within 24 hours of making your reservation on the IHG direct channel, and it is more than 24 hours before the standard check-in time for the hotel where you made your reservation, tell us about it by completing and submitting the online claim form (“Claim Form”). We will verify the lower rate by comparing the rate found on the IHG website or mobile app with the rate found on the non-IHG website for the same hotel, room type, stay dates, number of guests, and cancellation policy.
- Here are the things we’ll verify when we process your claim. The non-IHG website rate must be:
- 6.a. In the same currency as the rate you booked through an IHG channel;
- 6.b. Available to the general public – in other words, you are not required to sign up for any kind of membership or be part of any programme, or log in to a website, to obtain the rate;
- 6.c. Available to book at the time of verification;
- 6.d. Bookable only if you provide a form of payment to complete the booking (rates that do not require a form of payment are ineligible!); and
- 6.e. At least 1% lower than the current, lowest rate available on the IHG website or mobile app – this accounts for any rounding errors!
- Examples of rates that are INELIGIBLE for the Programme include the following:
- 7.a. Rates that are not available to the general public (such as negotiated rates, member or loyalty rates, group rates, corporate rates);
- 7.b. Rates that are not visible to, or bookable by, the general public without additional requirements such as residing in a particular geography, using a login with a username/password, using a specific credit card, using a discount code/coupon, or that require approval/verification via e-mail or phone after payment is submitted;
- 7.c. Rates on websites that don’t disclose the brand or hotel until the reservation is made;
- 7.d. Rates on auction websites or that you book using a similar process;
- 7.e. Package rates that include the room and other components such as transportation, car rental, entertainment, and/or non-breakfast meals;
- 7.f. Rates on websites that allow confirmed reservations to be re-sold;
- 7.g. Rates on websites that do not provide immediate confirmation, that do not result in an actual hotel reservation, or that do not provide the ability to make a real-time reservation;
- File Claim: Within 24 hours of booking your reservation on an IHG direct channel, and at least 24 hours before the standard check-in time for the hotel where you booked your reservation, complete and submit the online Claim Form. Only one claim will be processed per hotel room reservation confirmation number.
- Valid Claims. If we can verify your claim, we will adjust the rate on the reservation you booked through an IHG direct channel to the lower average nightly rate found on the non-IHG website at the time of verification, and award 5X (5 times) the IHG Rewards Club points for your room rate (the “5X Points Award”), up to a 40,000-point maximum.
- The 5X Points Award will be calculated on the room rate only, and will not include any other charges billed to your hotel room portfolio. To receive the 5X Points Award, your IHG Rewards Club number must be added to your reservation before check-out at the hotel. IHG Rewards Club Members with a miles earning preference will earn Points.
- Any modifications to your reservation after a claim has been validated will prevent the benefits of the Programme from applying.
- The 5X Points Award for a valid Programme claim will not exceed 40,000 points. The portion of the 5X Points Award that is above and beyond what you otherwise would have earned on the room rate for your stay will be awarded as bonus points and will not count towards your IHG Rewards Club membership tier status. The 5X Points Award will have no effect on, nor be affected by, the points you would otherwise earn for your hotel stay, pursuant to the IHG Rewards Club Terms and Conditions.
- IHG reserves the right to reject any Programme claim, and to revoke any and all Programme benefits provided for current or future hotel room reservations, for reasons that include but are not limited to, the following:
- 13.a. violation of these Terms and Conditions;
- 13.b. misrepresentation of any information in a Claim Form, or any misuse of this Programme;
- 13.c. violation of any national, regional, or local law or regulation in connection with the use of IHG Rewards Club membership privileges;
- 13.d. transfer or resale of hotel room reservations;
- 13.e. modification or cancellation of a reservation once a claim for that reservation has been deemed valid;
- 13.f. commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Programme or the IHG Rewards Club programme;
- 13.g. physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or IHG personnel; or
- 13.h. action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Programme; all as may be determined by IHG in its sole discretion.
- By filing a Claim Form or accepting the benefits of a claim that is validated under the Programme, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless IHG and its parent companies, and its and their affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, and employees from all claims or damages arising out of any use or misuse of the Programme. This Release section does not apply to residents of New Jersey.
How the Programme Works:
The Programme applies only to rates found on non-IHG websites that meet all of the above criteria.
Limitations and Exclusions
Updated on 9 January 2018