Lowest Price Promise
Our Lowest Price Promise (the “LPP”) is our promise to guests who book a hotel room directly on either IHG.com or the individual hotel brand website (together referred to as the “IHG Websites”, each an “IHG Website”) that our IHG Rewards Club member rate “Your Rate” is lower than any other price publicly available on any third party website. The LPP is subject to these Terms and Conditions. In order to access Your Rate and to be eligible for the LPP you will need to sign up for IHG Rewards Club membership (which is free) if you are not already a member.
The LPP is applicable to bookings made under Your Rate for rooms at InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotel in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mongolia, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom only (“IHG Participating Hotels”). IHG Participating Hotels are subject to the following exclusions: InterContinental Davos, InterContinental Murcia Mar Menor, InterContinental Malta, InterContinental Estoril, Crowne Plaza Vilamoura, Holiday Inn Algarve, Holiday Inn Andorra and Holiday Inn Paris Marne La Vallee hotels are not included in the Lowest Price Promise, however the Best Price Guarantee does still apply to bookings made at these properties.
Lowest Price Promise: We guarantee that the IHG Websites will have our lowest room price (room rate) or total room cost (including all taxes and fees) available on the internet. Therefore, if you find a room price (room rate) and total room cost (including all taxes and fees) publicly available on the internet on a non-IHG Website (as defined below) within 24 hours of booking, that is either the same as or lower than “Your Rate” for a Matching Room on Matching Terms (as defined below) on an IHG Website, IHG will provide your first night’s room price free and, if the rate found is lower, match the lower average nightly room price found for that stay for the remaining nights of that stay, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Book. Complete a valid room booking under the IHG Rewards Club rate (which may involve signing up to IHG Rewards Club if you are not already a member to be eligible for the IHG Rewards Club rate) on the IHG Website for any IHG Participating Hotel. A “valid room booking” means a complete booking with a valid form of payment.
- Lower Price. If you find a lower or matching room price that also has a lower or matching total room cost (including taxes and fees) for a one-night stay, or a lower or matching average nightly room price that also has a lower or matching average total room cost (including all taxes and fees) for a multi-night stay, on a non-IHG Website within 24 hours of booking on the IHG Website for the same stay, we will provide you with the first night at the applicable hotel free and, if the rate found is lower, match the lower average nightly room price found for your entire stay for the rest of the nights of your stay after verification of the lower average nightly room price and lower average total room cost (including taxes and fees). Only one free night will be awarded per stay, even if more than one instance of a lower or matching price is located. For valid claims where a lower rate is found, each additional night’s room price during the stay will be lowered to match the average nightly room price for the entire stay found on the non-IHG Website. In the event that a free night reimbursement must be made by cheque, the cheque will be addressed and sent to the name and address listed on the reservation that was made on the IHG Website upon which the valid claim was based.
- Reporting to IHG of a claim. You must contact us using the LPP online claim form within twenty-four (24) hours of completing your valid room booking on the IHG Website to make a claim under the LPP. In addition, the claim must be submitted at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the standard check-in time at the applicable InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotel. The average nightly lower or matching room price and lower or matching total room cost must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and both must be lower than or match those found on the IHG Website, as determined by IHG customer service representatives, and in IHG’s sole discretion.
- Matching Rooms. The LPP is available only for the exact same room type and same view. For example, if you book a king bed with a sofa bed room type and with a view (e.g., ocean) on the IHG Website, and are comparing it to a non-IHG Website, you must find a price with the same king bed with sofa bed room type and with the same view on the non-IHG Website.
- Matching Terms. All terms of the comparison room reservation on the non-IHG Website including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit, number of guests, or other requirements must be equal in all respects to the terms found on the IHG Website for your claim to be valid. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on the IHG Website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG Website. At all InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotels, pre-paid rates on non-IHG Websites will be compared with the relevant InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotel’s IHG Rewards Club rate on the IHG Website. The LPP is not available for bookings on websites where: (i) the booking details are unknown until after purchase; (ii) the hotel brand name is not revealed until after the payment has been completed (including bidding sites); (iii) where cash or voucher rebates are offered on the room price; and (iv) websites that re-sell or purport to re-sell rooms that have already been booked by consumers.
- a. Matching Prices. For multi-night stays, the LPP compares the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost for your valid room booking on an IHG Website with those found on a non-IHG Website.
b. Matching Prices - Currency Requirements. The currency of the hotel controls the comparison with the room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG Website, and the room price and the total room cost on the non-IHG Website must be available, viewable, quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel.
c. Matching Prices - Price Variance. The nightly room price and the nightly total room cost (for one night stays) or the average nightly room price and the average nightly total room cost (for multi-night stays) must either each be identical to or each be lower than the room price and the total room cost on the IHG Website (whichever is higher). Coupons or vouchers may not be utilized to lower published room prices for the purposes of making a claim. The LPP does not include extra fees such as extra person charges.
- Comparison Prices Must Be Available to the General Public Online. The LPP applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a non-IHG Website at the time of verification. The LPP does not apply to prices offered on membership program websites, corporate discounts, negotiated prices, group, rewards program, loyalty programme, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction, re-sale of booked rooms or similar processes, or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public. The LPP also does not apply if the average nightly lower price is obtained from a website where you call to get the price, or you get the price from an e-mail that you received.
- Packages Comparison. The LPP applies to comparing exactly the same packages or inclusive prices with the same included items. Thus, room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages, and must be entirely equivalent to be eligible for the LPP.
- Additional Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or anyone in the same household will be accepted for the same date. If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same fourteen (14) day period at the same InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotel or at different InterContinental, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the LPP claim for the first night will be honoured. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified and no additional names may be added to the reservation after the claim is found to be valid. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the LPP. In the event that a free night reimbursement must be made by cheque, the cheque will be addressed and sent to the name and address listed on the reservation that was made on the IHG Website upon which the valid claim was based.
- Verification of Claims. All claims are subject to verification by IHG. IHG must be able to verify all elements of the claim and the required terms found on the non-IHG Website at the time the claim is processed and verify that both the room price and the total room cost at the time of verification are lower than those found on the IHG Website. IHG does not accept screen shots (from websites or apps) of imagery of lower or matching prices provided by guests due to caching, the ease of modification or alteration of such imagery.
- Changes to these Terms & Conditions and the LPP. IHG reserves the right to modify, restrict availability, or discontinue the LPP and to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The IHG Lowest Price Promise Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the LPP.
- Abuse of LPP. At any time up to the date of stay, IHG reserves the right to revoke any and all benefits of the LPP (including the right to cancel a previously awarded free night and the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation), if it is found that a customer has attempted to or has violated or circumvented these Terms and Conditions. Resale of rooms eligible for the LPP is strictly prohibited. In the event IHG believes that a room eligible for the LPP has been resold, or the LPP is otherwise being intentionally abused or manipulated to circumvent its intent, IHG reserves the right to reject any current and future LPP claims from any persons who participated in such actions.
- Definitions. A “non-IHG Website” is defined as a website not owned or operated by IHG or any individual IHG hotel that makes IHG room inventory publicly available and offers it directly to consumers, and that provides a confirmation of a completed reservation at the moment of completion of that reservation. A “stay” (for purposes of the LPP) may be one night; consecutive nights at the same hotel location, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out; or two or more nights, even if non-consecutive, in the same fourteen (14) day period at the same hotel location. “Within fifty (50) miles” means within fifty (50) miles when seeking directions between locations on Google Maps. Guests are only able to claim one (1) free night per stay at an IHG hotel globally, regardless of location.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and IHG Hotels Limited and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings whether written or oral relating to any IHG hotels. For the avoidance of doubt, IHG’s Best Price Guarantee shall not apply to bookings for Your Rate at any IHG Participating Hotels.
- Disputes. These Terms and Conditions and their subject matter or formation and any dispute or claim arising out of them, or from the offer of the Lowest Price Promise for IHG Participating Hotels shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England and Wales and parties to these Terms and Conditions shall submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Have a claim?
Just fill out our online form.