1. As an IHG® Rewards member, you may also purchase InterContinental Ambassador membership. Purchase of InterContinental Ambassador membership entitles you to elevated levels of recognition on all published benefits of the InterContinental Ambassador programme valid at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts and participating Regent Hotels & Resorts.
2. If you are not already an IHG Rewards member, you may purchase InterContinental Ambassador membership and upon purchase will be automatically enrolled in IHG Rewards as well. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador, IHG Rewards members who are Club, Gold Elite or Platinum Elite will maintain or be upgraded to Platinum Ambassador membership upon enrolment, unless membership is provided on a complimentary basis or as part of a third party partnership. InterContinental Ambassador members can earn Spire Ambassador or be invited to be a Royal Ambassador. Platinum Ambassador members will receive Platinum Elite benefits with IHG Rewards, whilst Spire Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members will receive Spire Elite benefits with IHG Rewards when staying at the following Hotels & Resorts within the IHG® family of brands: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent® Hotels and Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, HUALUXE®, Crowne Plaza®, voco™, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™, and Candlewood Suites®.
3. On purchasing InterContinental Ambassador membership, you agree to, and are subject to, the IHG® Rewards membership Terms and Conditions, which can be found here as well as these terms and conditions. InterContinental Ambassador membership is non-refundable.
4. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador membership and benefits may not be transferred, bartered, or sold. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits apply only to the member’s personal room and the member must be staying for the entire duration of the booking in order to receive any member benefits.
5. IHG Rewards members with InterContinental Ambassador membership will be able to renew 92 days prior to the expiration of their current and valid InterContinental Ambassador membership. In order to continue receiving InterContinental Ambassador benefits, members must pay an InterContinental Ambassador renewal fee of USD200 or 40,000 IHG Rewards points prior to membership expiry via a designated IHG direct channel, including ihg.com, IHG’s central reservations office and IHG Rewards WeChat.
6. IHG Rewards and InterContinental Ambassador membership benefits are provided where available and at the sole discretion of IHG and/or the applicable IHG hotel, and shall be considered void where prohibited by law.
7. Six Continents Hotels, Inc. (SCH) and its subsidiaries and affiliates, which are InterContinental Hotels Group companies (collectively IHG), reserves the right to amend, restrict, suspend or cancel the InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador programmes and/or benefits. SCH may at its sole discretion terminate the IHG Rewards membership of any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, the IHG Rewards Terms and Conditions, or these terms and conditions. Termination of a member’s IHG Rewards membership includes termination of the member’s InterContinental Ambassador or Royal Ambassador membership.
8. An InterContinental Ambassador Membership Extension may be awarded to select Ambassadors who meet the criteria below.
a. To be eligible for a two (2) month extension, individuals must have an active Ambassador membership and must not have redeemed a two month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional two months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
b. To be eligible for a six (6) month extension, individual must have an active Ambassador membership that is in its second or greater consecutive membership year, and must not have redeemed a six month extension in the past. Ambassador members whose membership has expired are not eligible for this extension. Eligible Ambassador members may request this benefit once per lifetime. If a member elects to use this offer, their Ambassador membership will extend for an additional six months beyond when it would have otherwise expired. This is a one-time offer per member and once the extension is applied to their account, this action is considered final and is not reversible.
c. Membership Extensions are granted at the discretion of IHG and may be denied, ended, or amended with or without notice or compensation, at IHG’s sole discretion. Any extension granted excludes the extension or issuance of any complimentary weekend night certificates.
e. The two (2) and six (6) month membership extensions cannot be combined into a combined eight (8) months extension. The two different extension periods must be applied in two (2) separate membership years.
Benefits – General
9. Any stay by the same member that begins within 24 hours of the last night of a prior stay at the same hotel, will be considered part of the same stay and will not qualify for any member benefits
10. Benefits Guarantee: If an InterContinental Hotel or Resort is unable to fulfil the guaranteed benefits of a room category upgrade, 4pm late check-out, or Club InterContinental lounge access/alternate experience for Royal Ambassadors where provided, unless otherwise stated as an exception, the member will receive compensation for the undelivered benefit(s).
a. This Benefits Guarantee is not applicable for reservations made via a third-party website or tour operator/wholesaler or as part of a group block/reservation, due to force majeure or other circumstances beyond the control of the hotel and the benefit exceptions as per clause 33.
b. This Benefits Guarantee is not applicable during a force majeure event or similar circumstances beyond the control of the hotel, as described in the benefits exceptions as per clause 33
c. This Benefits Guarantee cannot be requested and given in lieu of programme benefits that are available.
d. All Restaurant, bar, or spa credits are only valid during the stay in which the standard, guaranteed benefit is not provided, and cannot be carried over to a future stay or alternative hotel and cannot be transferred, bartered, or sold. Any such credit has no cash redemption value and the unused portion of such a credit cannot be exchanged for cash and is forfeited. Any such credit may be limited to select restaurants, bars or spa venues, at the sole discretion of the issuing hotel. Where provided, the credit amount will be deducted from the member's guest room folio on checkout and settlement of additional charges above the credit amount is the responsibility of the member. The credit is limited to the member’s guest room and is inclusive of any taxes, service charges or gratuities up to and including the credit amount.
Compensation if Guaranteed Benefit not available
Either a Restaurant & Bar or Spa credit of USD50, or 10,000 IHG® Rewards points (provided only once per stay). Not applicable on Reward Nights / Free Nights.
4pm late check-out
Either a Restaurant & Bar or Spa credit of USD50, or 10,000 IHG® Rewards points (provided only once per stay).
Club InterContinental lounge access or alternate Club experience (Royal Ambassador only)
A Restaurant & Bar or Spa credit of up to USD100 per night, not to exceed the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value.
12. Members can opt in to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® status. Hertz operates its programme independently of SCH and may discontinue or amend it at any time. Should a member wish to participate in this benefit, they must register via their IHG Rewards Club member account and must be a Gold Plus Rewards® member. Click here for Gold Plus Reward® FAQs and here for Membership Benefits.
InterContinental Ambassador benefits
13. InterContinental Ambassador member benefits include:
a. Guaranteed one category room upgrade, based on room type purchased, will be assigned. Click here for more information.
b. Guaranteed late check-out time of 4pm on day of departure.
c. Complimentary mineral water daily.
d. Complimentary Weekend Night. Click here for more information.
e. Complimentary highest Internet access will be provided in guest room only at select hotels where available for purchase.
f. Single room rate for double occupancy.
g. A restaurants and bars credit of up to USD20, per stay, valid in select hotel restaurants, bars and minibar (excluding in room dining). Currency & credit varies by country and are subject to change:
i. United States of America USD20, Euro currency member states EUR15, United Kingdom GBP15, Thailand THB600, Australia AUD25, Japan JPY2000, Saudi Arabia SAR70, Malaysia MYR50, Indonesia IDR180,000, Vietnam VND280,000 (excluding Danang which is VND460,000), Hong Kong HKD135 (excluding Mainland China).
ii. All other countries: a credit of USD20 will be converted to local currency at local hotel exchange rate of the day, except Mainland China.
iii. The credit amount will be deducted from the member’s guest room folio on checkout and settlement of additional charges above the credit amount is the responsibility of the member.
h. Complimentary breakfast: One complimentary full breakfast per day for the member, valid only in the main restaurant. Not applicable to in-room dining. Valid in Mainland China only.
Royal Ambassador benefits
14. Royal Ambassador member benefits include:
a. Guaranteed two category room upgrade at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts and one category room upgrade at participating Regent Hotels & Resorts, based on room type purchased, will be assigned. Click here for more information.
b. Complimentary Club InterContinental or Regent Club lounge access.
i. Applicable only where the hotel has a dedicated Club InterContinental or Regent Club lounge.
ii. Valid for two people including the member, staying in the member's room only.
iii. Where the hotel does not operate a dedicated Club InterContinental or Regent Club lounge, Royal Ambassador members will be given two complimentary full breakfasts in the main restaurant per day for the member and one registered guest staying in the member’s room.
iv. The Club InterContinental lounge access Benefits Guarantee is not applicable at hotels that do not operate a dedicated Club InterContinental lounge. More information on the Benefits Guarentee can be found here.
c. Free Night at an IHG® Hotel.
i. The Royal Ambassador member will receive one Reward Night credited directly to the member’s account, within 8 weeks of obtaining Royal Ambassador status. The Reward Night credit is redeemable as a ‘Royal Ambassador Night’ when logged into the member's account, applies to the room rate only, and is subject to Reward Night availability at an IHG hotel where the point amount required for a single redemption night is 70,000 IHG Rewards points or less. The Royal Ambassador Night is valid for 365 days from the date of deposit. Blackout dates apply, and the Royal Ambassador Night has no cash value and may not be transferred, bartered, or sold. The member must be a registered guest, check-in and stay for all Royal Ambassador Reward Night redemption stays.
ii. When redeeming the Free Night, the expiry date may be after the membership expiry of Royal Ambassador status. The membership status at the time of redemption check-in will determine the benefits the member shall receive.
iii. Valid at any IHG hotel branded property excluding IHG Army Hotels
d. Guaranteed early check-in of 10am on day of arrival.
e. Guaranteed late check-out of 4pm on day of departure.
f. Complimentary Weekend Night on the second night of a paid stay. Click here for more information
g. Minibar credit.
i. Minibar credit of USD50 per night, cumulative up to a maximum of USD200 per stay, in all countries unless otherwise stated below.
ii. Minibar credit can be used towards minibar food and beverage only.
iii. In Mainland China (excluding Macau, Hong Kong, and Taiwan): Maximum RMB200 credit for the minibar per night, cumulative up to a maximum of RMB800 per stay.
iv. Minibar consumption greater than the credit amount will be charged to the member's guest folio and settlement of additional charges is the responsibility of the member.
v. The minibar credit is limited to the member’s guest room and is inclusive of any taxes, service charges or gratuities, up to and including the credit amount.
h. In-room welcome amenity choice of fruit, sweet or savoury snack on day of arrival when selected in stay preferences prior to arrival (Fruit only provided at InterContinental Alliance Resorts).
i. Complimentary mineral water daily.
j. Complimentary highest Internet access will be provided in guest room only at select hotels where available for purchase.
k. Waived Amenity or Destination fees, where they would otherwise be charged
i. This excludes any Government, State, or City mandatory imposed fees/taxes, and Resort Fees.
l. Single room rate for double occupancy.
m. Guaranteed room availability for member’s room with 24 hour advance reservation.
i. Valid only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. Must be booked via the Ambassador Service Centre. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24hrs prior to intended arrival. The room upgrade benefit will be subject to availability. These bookings may not be accepted by the hotel in exceptional circumstances such as the hotel being reserved for Government use or in the case of world sporting events, as determined by IHG.
ii. The Ambassador Benefits Guarantee is not applicable for reserveations made utilising the 24hrs Guaranteed room availability benefit.
n. Kimpton Inner Circle member status. All Inner Circle benefits apply to stays at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants only. For further information on Inner Circle benefits and Terms & Conditions visit www.kimptoninnercircle.com
15. Royal Ambassador is granted by invitation only at the sole discretion of IHG Rewards Club and IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to limit the number of Royal Ambassador members at any time. Royal Ambassador status is extended to a small percentage of InterContinental Ambassador members, based on their qualified activity at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Regent Hotels & Resorts, and participating Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas.
a. The following may not be extended to invited Royal Ambassadors whom have achieved an invitation via a promotion or gifted:
ii. Royal Ambassador Free Night
iii. Spire Elite choice benefit
16. On IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights and Free Nights, the guaranteed upgrade benefit is not applicable and is subject to availability. Refer to IHG Rewards Club terms & conditions.
17. The InterContinental Ambassador guaranteed one room category upgrade excludes Club InterContinental or Regent Club experience/lounge access. Should a member’s original room purchase be one category lower than an advertised Club room/suite category, the member will be assigned the one category upgrade without the Club InterContinental or Regent Club experience/ lounge access.
18. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador guaranteed upgrade excludes Residences, Penthouses, Presidential and Speciality Suites and two bedroom or greater Suites/Villas.
a. Royal Ambassaadors purchasing a suite category will receive a one category suite upgrade.
b. Suite exceptions at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in addition to clause 17 can be reviewed here.
c. The upgrade exclusion is applied only towards the Ambassador Guaranteed benefit and does not limit IHG Rewards Club Elite benefits.
19. At the sole discretion of the hotel, the hotel may provide room upgrades greater than one category. No compensation shall be provided where the hotel upgrade is beyond the defined category upgrade or to a category of various room configurations
20. Upgrades are only valid to published room categories on ihg.com, which vary by hotel and may include a room on a higher floor, a room that is larger in size, newly renovated or a room with an alternative view.
21. All guaranteed upgrades shall be confirmed at the time of arrival at the hotel and are based on the room type selected at the time of booking.
a. Upgrades may vary from the room type selected at time of booking (bed size/type, smoking/non-smoking, view or accessible/speciality room preferences). No compensation shall be provided where the hotel upgrade is declined by the member based on room type.
23. In circumstances where the room upgrade is not available at 10 am, a Royal Ambassador member may be checked into another available room until an upgraded room becomes available.
Complimentary Weekend Night
24. The complimentary weekend night may be redeemed up to 12 months from the date on which the certificate is issued, cannot be extended and is redeemable once only in conjunction with a minimum two-night paid stay when booking the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night’ rate at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and participating Regent Hotels & Resorts.
i. The Ambassador Weekend Night Certificate is valid until 31st December of the membership year deposited.
ii. Valid at participating Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and Regent Hotels & Resorts for stays 01 July 2020 to 31 December 2021. Not applicable at Regent Hotels & Resorts within Greater China.
iii. Ambassador benefits as per clause 13, and clause 14, are not applicable at participating Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants properties.
25. The complimentary weekend night may only be redeemed via the member's IHG Rewards Club Account. It is not valid and cannot be used on any other rates. Advance reservations required and when joining the Ambassador program in hotel, the weekend night cannot be redeemed for the current stay. Rooms on the rate "Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night" are subject to limited availability. Each certificate can only be used for one stay. Only one complimentary weekend night may be used per stay.
26. Identification and member number must be presented upon check-in. The member must have an un-redeemed and valid Complimentary Weekend Night available within their IHG Rewards Club account upon check-in. Should the member not have a valid and un-redemed certificate in the member's IHG Rewards Club account then the hotel's Best Flexible Rate shall be applied to all nights of the stay.
27. Reservations must be cancelled in line with each hotel's cancellation policy in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
28. 'Weekend' is defined to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday. At Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants and participating Regent Hotels & Resorts the Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night is defined as Any Day.
29. It is to be used only by the member who has a valid InterContinental Ambassador membership and may not be transferred, bartered, or sold.
30. Valid for room and tax only.
32. All member benefits apply when using the complimentary weekend night only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts and participating Regent Hotels & Resorts.
33. Airline crew, delayed passenger, negotiated long stay, airline/travel/hotel industry, complimentary rooms, and employee rates are not eligible for InterContinental Ambassador or Royal Ambassador benefits/invitation. This does not limit or reduce the benefits of IHG® Rewards Club.
34. All guaranteed benefits for InterContinental Ambassador including Royal Ambassador members and Club InterContinental or Regent Club access for Royal Ambassador members are subject to availability, and excluded from the Benefits Guarantee, over the following special events period:
a. New Year’s Eve, 31 December – Location: Global
b. Chinese New Year, beginning on the 1st day of the lunar year for a 10 day period – Location: Greater China
c. Ramadan, beginning on the 1st day of Ramadan for a 30 day period – Location: Makkah, Saudi Arabia
d. 2020 Summer Olympics on the 22 July through 9 August, 2021 – Location: Tokyo, Japan
e. Hajj, from the 20th of Dhu al-Qidah to the 20th of Dhu al-Hijjah (total of 30 days) -- Location: Makkah, Saudi Arabia
36. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia (InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa and InterContinental Resort Tahiti), upgrades to the next room categories and a 4pm late check out are not guaranteed for any member that books through a third party website or Tour Operator.
InterContinental Alliance Resorts
37. The following benefits exceptions are applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:
a. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival and will not be replenished daily.
b. Royal Ambassador: minibar credit will be capped at USD50 per day and USD100 per stay.
c. InterContinental Ambassador one category and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrades are subject to availability.
38. The following benefits are not applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:
a. Complimentary weekend night
b. InterContinental Ambassador Restaurant and Bar credit up to USD20 for Ambassador Platinum members when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts, Macao
d. Royal Ambassador breakfast for two when staying at The Venetian Resort and Palazzo at The Venetian, Las Vegas
39. The benefits Guarantee is not applicable at InterContinental Alliance Resorts
Regent Hotels & Resorts
40. InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits applicable at participating Regent Hotels & Resorts for stays 30 July 2020 to 31 December 2021. Excludes Regent Hotels & Resorts in Greater China. The following benefit alternatives or exceptions are applicable when staying at Regent:
a. A local 'Signature Amenity' benefit shall be offered.
b. Royal Ambassador minibar credit capped at USD50 per day and USD200 per stay may be replaced by an alternative credit of equal value at the discretion of each hotel.
c. Royal Ambassador two category room upgrade replaced by a one category upgrade.
a. A restaurants and bars credit of up to USD20, per stay, valid in select hotel restaurants, bars and minibar (excluding in room dining).
b. The Benefits Guarantee as per clause 10.
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
42. Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa will progressively be integrating into the IHG Rewards programme and at that time the following benefits will apply for InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members at participating Six Senses hotels:
a. Complimentary Breakfast for two in the main restaurant per day
b. Signature Amenity of either a complimentary 50 minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience once per stay. The Signature Amenity varies by resort, is subject to availability and confirmed on arrival. Not applicable with corporate or negotiated rates.
c. Complimentary one category room upgrade (subject to availability, excluding residences and 2 bedroom or greater suites/villas)
d. Extended check-out of 4pm subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members
e. Early check-out of 10am subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members and in circumstances where the room is not available at 10 am, the member may be checked into another available room until the original booked room becomes available.
f. Complimentary Internet access. Internet accessibility, speed, and connectivity in common areas and guest rooms vary by resort
g. Wellness Platter welcome amenity on day of arrival
43. Benefits at Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas are applied when booked through IHG's central reservation offices, IHG web sites, the IHG App, authorised travel agents (exluding online travel agents such as Expedia.com and booking.com, and unauthorised agents on online verticle travel portals), or directly at the hotel and cannot be combined with any other on-property benefit provided by a third party.
44. InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle benefits apply only to the member’s personal room and the member must be staying as a registeredt guest in order to receive member benefits.
Ambassador Reward Night Enrolment & Renewal Offer:
45. InterContinental® Ambassadors who enrol in the programme or renew their programme between 15 April 2021 – 31 July 2021 and then complete one Qualifying Stay at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels by 31 August 2021 will be awarded a Reward Night redeemable for a Reward Night priced at 40,000 points or less. The Reward Night will be deposited into the Free Nights section of the member’s account within 72 hours after check-out from the qualifying, paid stay and will be valid until 30 November 2021. This Reward Night is in addition to the complimentary weekend night that is already included as an InterContinental Ambassador member benefit. Ambassador benefits are not honored at Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants globally or at Regent® Hotels & Resorts in Greater China.
The Reward Night must be consumed by 30 November 2021 and cannot be extended or transferred. The number of points required for a Reward Night at IHG hotels varies by date, brand and individual hotel and is subject to availability. Taxes, fees and Resort Fees apply and the member may be required to pay such taxes and fees even for a Reward Night. IHG® Army Hotels, Mr and Mrs Smith properties, and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas are excluded from this Offer. This offer is not applicable for Royal Ambassador members.
This Offer is not valid for InterContinental® Ambassador membership enrolments or renewals obtained on a complimentary basis or using the IHG Employee discount. Ambassador members must be within their standard renewal window in order to take advantage of this Offer. A Qualifying Stay is defined as a paid, minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding US $30 per night.
Reward Nights do not count as Qualifying Stays. A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible to earn the member a Reward Night under this Offer. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member may use it as his or her Qualifying Stay for this Offer. No credit will be awarded for Stays completed prior to the member’s enrollment or renewal.
This Offer is subject to standard IHG® Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained here, as well as the InterContinental Ambassador Membership Terms and Conditions. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Reward night award or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of this Offer is detected. To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Offer at any time with or without notice, and IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any inquiries relating to this Offer by 60 days from the last date on which the Reward Night can be consumed (30 November 2021).
Mr & Mrs Smith
46. InterContinental® Ambassador benefits are not applicable at Mr & Mrs Smith marketed properties. The following benefits are applicable for InterContinental Ambassador members when booking via IHG direct channels:
a. Smith Extra.
i. Smith Extras are additional gifts or services provided by the participating Mr & Mrs Smith properties when booking through IHG direct channels – they're offered once per stay, per room, unless otherwise specified and may not be available in conjunction with other offers
b. Complimentary room upgrade (subject to availability) at participating properties
c. Please note that the normal Smith Extra may not always be applicable when booking a Mr & Mrs Smith exclusive offer or promotion. If it does apply it will be stated in the text of the offer.