1. As an IHG® Rewards Club member, you may also purchase InterContinental® Ambassador. Purchase of InterContinental® Ambassador entitles you to higher levels of recognition and to all published benefits of InterContinental® Ambassador valid only at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide.
2. If you have InterContinental® Ambassador membership, you are subject to all IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador may not be transferred, bartered, or sold. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits apply only to the member’s personal room.
3. A member who is not already enrolled in the IHG®Rewards Club programme will automatically be enrolled when purchasing InterContinental Ambassador. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador, IHG®Rewards Club members who are Club or Gold Elite members will receive Gold Ambassador membership upon enrolment. All InterContinental Ambassador members can earn Platinum Ambassador or Spire Ambassador or be invited to Royal Ambassador. Gold Ambassador members will receive Gold Elite benefits; Platinum Ambassador members will receive Platinum Elite benefits; and Spire Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members will receive Spire Elite benefits when staying at the following hotels within the IHG family of brands: Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE®, Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites®.
4. IHG® Rewards Club membership and InterContinental®Ambassador benefits are not transferable. IHG® Rewards Club members with InterContinental® Ambassador membership will be invited to renew every year. In order to continue receiving InterContinental® Ambassador benefits, IHG® Rewards Club members must pay an InterContinental® Ambassador renewal fee every year prior to membership expiration.
5. The accrual of room nights towards Royal Ambassador status is not applicable in conjunction with airline crew rates or to long-stay residents at their extended-stay hotel, defined as a continuous stay of 90 days or more.
6. InterContinental Ambassador benefits are not available to airline crew members for crew stays, guests using the IHG Employee rate, or guests using the IHG Friends & Family rates.
7. Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate: Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two-night paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG®hotel brands). The Certificate is valid for one complimentary room night on the second night of a paid Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" booking and may only be booked on intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend or by contacting the Ambassador Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Certificate is not valid on any other rates. Advance reservations required. Rooms on the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" are subject to availability. The original Certificate must be presented at time of check-in to the hotel or the hotel may decline the booking. One Certificate may be used per stay. 'Weekend' is determined as follows: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Certificates are valid only for the member who has InterContinental® Ambassador membership, and are not transferable. Sale or barter of the Certificate will render it void. The Certificate is valid for room and tax only. Reward Nights do not apply in conjunction with the Certificate. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.
8. InterContinental® Ambassador Benefits: A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned upon check-in to InterContinental Ambassadors. InterContinental Ambassadors will be entitled to a late check-out time of 4:00 pm. Ambassadors receive fresh fruit, sweet or savoury snack and water in their room on arrival, with mineral water replenished daily. Ambassadors receive a personalised welcome letter and in-room gift. Ambassadors are entitled to one free Pay-TV film per stay (where a cost is applicable). Ambassadors are charged Single Rate for Double Room Occupancy. When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, Club Lounge access (Royal Ambassadors), Mini bar beverages (Royal Ambassadors), free Pay-TV film per stay, 24-hour guaranteed room availability and 8:00 am early check-in (where a cost is applicable). A Rewards Night booking must be booked under the IHG Rewards Club account of the member for him/her to enjoy the benefits.
9. The Club InterContinental Experience including Club Lounge access will not be given to Ambassadors as this is not a benefit that is included in Ambassador membership.
10. Royal Ambassador Status: Royal Ambassador is the highest level of membership and entitles members to additional benefits at InterContinental Hotels and Resorts. Royal Ambassador is granted to Ambassador members by invitation and at IHG® Rewards Club sole discretion. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to limit the number of members with Royal Ambassador membership. Royal Ambassador members receive Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador member with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit IHG® Rewards Club approval, may a reservation be declined. Use of all in-hotel health club facilities (where available) shall be complimentary for Royal Ambassadors. Treatments such as massages, facials, and manicures may incur charges. Beverages are complimentary from the mini-bar in the Royal Ambassador’s personal room only, and for in-room consumption by member only (benefit excludes non-beverage items). Void where prohibited by law. Early check-in (8:00 am) shall be available to all Royal Ambassador members.
11. For Royal Ambassador member stays at InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts in US, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan a room upgrade to a category two tiers higher than the original booking shall be available to all Royal Ambassador members. Club Intercontinental access must also be given. (Applicable where the hotel has a dedicated Club InterContinental Lounge).
12. Complimentary Club InterContinental has the following exceptions: at InterContinental London Park Lane, complimentary access to Club InterContinental is not available on the following dates: 17 June – 9 September 2017 and 22 December 2017 – 4 January 2018.
13. For Royal Ambassador member stays at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Middle East and Africa, a room upgrade to a category two tiers higher than the original booking shall be available to all Royal Ambassador members. All Royal Ambassador members will be entitled to the Club InterContinental Experience on top of the two tier room upgrade.
14. In circumstances where the two tier room upgrade is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until their upgraded room becomes available later on the day of arrival.
15. The room upgrades for both Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors excludes the following rooms/properties:
o InterContinental Hong Kong: Signature Suites (Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, Presidential Suite).
o InterContinental Grand Stamford Hong Kong: Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Park Lane: Signature Suites.
o InterContinental Sydney: Australia Suite, State Suite and Governor Suites.
o InterContinental Sydney Double Bay: Royal Suite, Deluxe Bayview Suites
o InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort: Penthouse, Beach Villa, Rock Villa, 2 bed Rock Villa, Sun Peninsula Residence 2 bed, Sun Peninsula Residence 3 bed and Royal Residence.
o InterContinental San Francisco: Bay Suite, Terrace Suite, Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Athenaeum Athens: Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Adelaide: King Diplomatic Suite and King Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya: Duncan – Premier Suite, Nizhinsky – Presidential Suite and Ulanova – Royal Suite.
o InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam: Presidential Suite (includes Executive Presidential Suite, Executive Presidential Twin room & Executive Presidential Junior Suite), Dom Perignon Suite (includes Executive Dom Perignon Suite & Executive Dom Perignon Junior Suite).
o InterContinental Berlin: Presidential Suite, Diplomatic Suite and Park Suite
o InterContinental Times Square: Penthouse Suite and all Manhattan Suites.
o InterContinental Geneva: Panoramic Suites, Presidential and Diplomatic Residences and The Residence.
o InterContinental Asiana Saigon: The Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Buckhead: Grand Suite, Royal Suite, Ambassador Suite and Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C - Thomas Jefferson Suite, George Washington Suite and John Adams Suite
o InterContinental Johannesburg O.R Tambo Airport - Presidential Suites
o InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverley Hills - Royal Suite, Presidential Suite, Elite Honeymoon, Elite Residence, Premier, Premier Suites with Terrace
o InterContinental Los Angeles Century City: Royal Suite, Presidential Suite, Elite Honeymoon Suite and Premier Suite with Terrace.
o InterContinental Wellington - Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Singapore – Presidential Suite, Ambassador Suite, Royal Suite
o InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort - Club Napa Reserve 3 bedroom Residence
o InterContinental Nha Trang – Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Bangkok – Royal Suites, Diplomatic Suites, Ambassador Suites, Executive Suites, Premier Suites
o InterContinental Koh Samui – Club Napa Reserve 3 Bedroom Residence
o InterContinental Fiji – Natadola Suite
o InterContinental Sanya Haitang Bay Resort – InterContinental Superior Suite, Family Suite, Premier Ocean View Suite, InterContinental Grand Ocean View Suite, InterContinental Grand Ocean View Suite, InterContinental Ocean Front Villa, InterContinental Family Villa
o InterContinental Estoril – Ocean View Suites
o InterContinental Lisbon – Presidential Suite, Panoramic Suite, Ambassador Suite
o InterContinental Hanoi Westlake – Presidential Suite, Premium 1,2 and 3 bed Residence
o InterContinental Lijiang Ancient Town Resort – Superior Suite
o Athenaeum InterContinental – Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Melbourne Rialto– Iconic Suites, Signature Suites
o InterContinental Dusseldorf – Presidential Suite, Lifestyle Suite
o InterContinental Madrid – King Dali Club Suite Castellana View, King Bed Miro Club Suite with terrace, King Bed Picasso Club Luxury Suite, Royal Suite
o InterContinental Cairo CityStars – 2 and 3 Bedroom Residence Suite, Penthouse Residence Suite, 2 Bedroom Signature Suite, Royal Suite, Karnak Suite, Luxor Suite
o InterContinental OR Tambo Airport Hotel – Presidential Suites
o InterContinental Vienna – Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Frankfurt – Presidential Suite
o Presidente InterContinental Mexico City – Master Suites (Leonora Carrington, Remedios Varo, Alberto Gironella and José Guadalupe Posada) Presidential Suites (José Clemente Orozco, David Alfaro Siqueiros and Diego Rivera)
o InterContinental Shenzen – King Bed Club Chinese Theme Suite, King Bed Club Duplex Suite (King Club Terrace Suite), Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Budapest – Presidential Suite, Executive Suites
o InterContinental Malta – Duplex Suite, Ambassador Suite, Penthouse, Presidential Suite
o InterContinental London – The O2 – The Penthouse, 1 Bed Club InterContinental Suite, 2 Bed Club InterContinental Suite
o InterContinental Qingdao – Presidential Suite, Deluxe Aqua Suite Ocean View, Aqua Suite Ocean View, Executive Suite Ocean View, Aqua Deluxe King Ocean View
o InterContinental Shanghai Puxi – Club Suites
o InterContinental Bali Resort – Uluwatu, Jimbaran, Bukit Suite, Imperial Villa, Jivana Villa
o InterContinental Grand Seoul Parnas – Residence King, Club Residence Suites, Club Mountain Suites
o InterContinental Seoul Coex – Business Suites, Corner Suites, Club Corner Suites, Ambassador Suite, Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Pattaya – Baan Sai Chol 1 bed Pool Villa, Baan Sai Nam 2 bed Pool Villa
o InterContinental ANA Tokyo – Imperial Suite, Presidentail Suite, Japanese Suite, Executive Suite
o InterContinental Osaka – Deluxe Suite, 2 bed Residence Superior, 2 bed Residence Deluxe, 2 bed residence Premium, 3 bed Residence Premium
o InterContinental Dubai Festival City – Signature Suite, Presidential Suite, Royal Suite
o InterContinental Hua Hin Resort – Club InterContinental Beach Villa, La Residence
o InterContinental Sanya Resort – One Bed Villa, Ocean Suite, Two Bed Villa, Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Robertson Quay – Penthouse
o InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort – Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Bora Bora Resort &Thalasso Spa – Brando Overwater Suites
o InterContinental Makkah Dar Al Tawhid – Four Bedroom Presidential Suites Haram View, Three Bedroom Amiri Suites Haram View
o InterContinental Dubai Marina – Two Bedroom Suites, Three Bedroom Suites, Penthouse Suites
o InterContinental Foshan – Chairman Suite, Presidential Suite
o InterContinental New York Barclay – Executive Suites, Presidential Suites, Harnold S. Vanderbilt Suite
o All InterContinental Residence Suites properties: Ambassador and Royal Ambassador room upgrades are not applicable. All other benefits apply.
16. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia (InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea, and InterContinental Resort Tahiti) upgrades to the next room categories and 4 pm late check-out are not guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Ambassador members who book through a third-party website or Tour Operator.
17. InterContinental Alliance Resorts properties: The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts - All Ambassador benefits apply at The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts with the exception of the in-room gift and mini bar. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival however will not be replenished daily. Royal Ambassador Benefits: Please be aware that all Royal Ambassador member benefits apply at these InterContinental Alliance Resorts with the exception of Mini-Bar: Royal Ambassador members will receive a $100 credit from the resort toward the mini-bar per stay. IHG® Rewards Club membership and InterContinental®Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits are provided where available, at the sole discretion of IHG, and shall be considered void where prohibited by law. SCH reserves the right to restrict, suspend or cancel the InterContinental® Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits and discontinue the IHG® Rewards Club membership of any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or these Terms and Conditions, in SCH’s sole discretion. SCH may amend the InterContinental® Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
18. For the purpose of these term and conditions, “Club InterContinental Experience” includes:
1. A courtesy call or email made by the Club InterContinental team to the guest prior to their arrival at the hotel.
2. On arrival at the hotel the guest receives a personalised greeting and check-in,
3. The accommodation room assigned is a Club InterContinental Room with welcome amenity, additional room amenities and turndown service (with the exception of Royal Ambassadors whose accommodation room will be assigned in accordance with clause 10 above).
4. Exclusive access to the Club InterContinental Lounge for 2 guests per occupied room featuring breakfast, complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks throughout the day and evening hors d'oeuvres, canapés and cocktails.
5. On departure the guest receives a personalised farewell and late check-out of 4pm.