Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 75
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Nando8864 Worst Service Ever!!
One hour to check-in plus another hour to check-out. They had nine stations at the front desk only three clerks, several people came in and out of the office in reception but nobody to help speed up check-in or check-out.
Internet Service spotty when it was working and when it wasn't, they told me that I was the only one complaining, so it was me, not their internet service. A colleague staying in this hotel at the same time, was told the same thing.
Food in the restaurant and bar was average at best.
I would ask for my money back if that was an option.
April 9, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Viajero007 Always a bad experience
I stay at this hotel every year, because it is near to a convention/trade show that I attend. The only good thing about this hotel is its location. But otherwise, I will not stay here.
Specific negative points: 1) The IT system is down very often, and they loose information (Ex:my brother checked in and they did not know he was already in the hotel...the system show he had not arrived yet 2) you always have surprises when you get the final bill 3) Front desk never knows what is going on...excuses are always the answer 4) Internet is very expensive and very slow 5) There is no good Wi Fi signal in all rooms 6) The closets in the rooms are a joke, you cannot even hang a pant, everythin is small and cramped.
February 13, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by ReasonableMan Stay away if you're looking for Peace and Quiet
How can I begin to count the ways that this hotel was possibly the most disorganized and worst customer service experience I've had?
I went to this hotel with a group of about 14 other people from my company to attend the Campus Party, a gigantic tech event that was happening next door at Parque Anhembi. I stayed here for 10 days, while others stayed anywhere from 3 to 10 days. We had about 10 rooms and the problems started from day 1, with new nuisances happening every day.
I will sort my experience in bullet points to avoid ranting through all the negativity that surrounds this expensive customer experience nightmare.
+ The hotel bellman was extremely nice
+ The hotel concierge was extremely helpful and nice
+ The pão de queijo for the breakfast is abundant!
+ Very close location to Parque Anhembi and the Campus Party event
+ The Campus Party tech event next door at Parque Anhembi was amazing! This hotel, however, had nothing to do with this positive experience.
- The hotel is EXTREMELY noisy in the days weeks leading up to Carnival. My room was literally shaking with the bassline and I could clearly listen to Zeca Pagodinho playing next door until 5:30am on the weekend.
- One hundred Reais (for a visitation fee) to let my friend go upstairs with me so that she could leave her purse in my room before we went out. She stayed in the lobby while I took her purse upstairs, and the hotel still attempted to charge me this fee during checkout.
- The hotel is far from everything, and they use this to their advantage on their pricing of food and drinks.
- Breakfast is expensive and has limited options, same menu everyday. Hot items include potatoes, chicken nuggets, waffles, eggs, and hot dog stew. That's it. Everyday.
- Billing issues. The hotel confirmation was registered to the company and the hotel was unable to charge the company accordingly - this has never happened in the past.
- People in my party who had breakfast included in their stay were asked to pay for breakfast multiple times.
- During check in, I chose NOT to pay extra to have breakfast included in my stay. When I went to have breakfast for the first time, on my 4th day at the hotel, I was told that they had included breakfast and that I had been paying all along.
- Members of my party had the hotel canceling their rooms before their scheduled checkout date.
- The elevator system is a joke and irritating. You push the elevator to go down, and it stops when it's going up. Sounds minor, but think about going through that for 10 days, and in times where you're in a rush.
- The hotel bar advertises "open every day until 1am" but they will close early if it's not crowded. Also, their Long Island Ice Tea is really really bad.
- One of the front desk ladies looks like she is sucking on a sour candy all day. I never saw her smile during the 10 days I was there.
***** INTERNET NIGHTMARE:
- Internet did not work (no credentials page showing). I called the desk who called a technician to my room and was unable to solve the problem. He promised to be back in a few minutes and after a few hours the internet was still not working.
- I called the front desk again, who sent another technician who was also unable to solve the problem and also promised to be back in a few minutes. After a few hours, he was still not back.
- The next day I called the front desk AGAIN, who sent another technician who was also unable to solve the problem and also promised to be back in a few minutes and also did not come back.
- I called the front desk to request a room change, which made my internet work. To my surprise, their idea of "fast internet" is throttled to a 256kbps=32KBps download speed. If you would like 1mbps=128KBps, you need to pay an atrocious price each day.
I'm sure I could think of other issues, but this will have to do for now.
The best thing about this hotel was it's closeness to the Parque Anhembi. If you are going for an event there, and do not mind possibly going through a plethora of nuisances, stay here - the rooms are comfy.
If you have no business in Parque Anhembi, you have no business staying in this hotel. You can find a better alternative.
February 6, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by John317 Experience Good/Lost & Found Poor
My overall experience at this hotel was positive. The room was adequate, although small for two people. Requested "wash cloths" but never received...just got another bath towel. Perhaps they're not part of the culture or towel package, although there was one next to the sink upon arrival. Another opportunity for change was in the assignment of our room...when we walked in the bed wasn't made and someone's personal items were lying about the room. Not sure how this occurred but I wouldn't want someone walking into my room and have access to all my personal items left there. Regarding the handling of "lost & found" items, there could be a vast improvement on the process, if there is one, and how the employees understand and follow them. I left my prescription glasses in the public restroom on the lower level at 1pm. I let the hotel know about my error that evening and was told they would look for them and let me know the status. I never received any response and continued to check with the front desk. Three times I was told that the people who handle the lost & found items were not at work (it was before 9am and after 5pm each time) and they didn't know anything. It seems that if an item is found a list could be provided to the front desk OR the front desk could be given access to the items after hours. I trust that this constructive feedback is taken as an effort to help...overall, my experience at your hotel was positive and you have a lovely facility. Sincerely,
January 2, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ChristianS Been there twice - been noisy twice!
the hotel in itself is of typical holiday Inn Standard but located next to the Parque Anhembi event centre. I was there twice this year also during a weekend (May and September) and twice there had been larger events - one of them being the Sonar festival of electronic music. Sleeping - if at all - was only possible with ear plugs but nevertheless the mangament was not willing to give a price reduction!
December 18, 2012
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by USAGuest001 Guest from USA - 2nd Stay, 1st Review
Promptly greeted when arriving. If you are Priority Club, make sure you walk to the left toward the elevators for a dedicated check-in/checkout area. Staff is very courteous. Your key card is required for the elevator and only allows guests to access their authorized floors, adding to a secure feeling during your stay. The fitness center was great...clean, friendly, supervised, and nicely maintained equipment. The dining facility and food was beyond my expectation...don't forget a cappuccino to close out your dinner!
December 13, 2012
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by kiwiandy Worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at
From when I checked in, until when I checked out 6 days later I had nothing but problems with this hotel.. mostly resulting from poor customer service by the staff..
+Internet connection didnt work... waited 1 hour for staff to come and assist.. they never turned up.
+Not following billing instructions and making unnecessary charges to my credit card
+Giving me incorrect information about the shuttle bus timing and leaving me waiting for over 1 hour in the rain for a shuttle bus that they couldnt find.
+ No hot water for a shower the day I checked out
+ No Acknowledgement of Priority club status and offer of room upgrade etc
I will not be staying there next time I go to Sao Paulo
October 11, 2012