Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 110
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Haterson Bad Location
The hotel is dated but clean and well-maintained with a great pool. The room is spacious. Staff is only mediocre. The biggest downside is its location in the middle of nowhere.
October 15, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by RH85 Disappointing standard compared to other Holiday Inn Resorts
The hotel in general is good, by the standards of the location
October 12, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jeff2403 Staff with great attitude
As a frequent visitor to this particular resort, I have always been pleased with the staff and their positive and can do attitude. Pick up and check in at Sekupang was a breeze and all done with minimal waste of time.
That being said, there were a few glitches. My request for extra towels were not responded to until I physically went downstairs to indicate I am having a problem with getting a response and also the towels. The same happened with my request for ice where I had to call 3 times in an hours period.
All in all, with the crowd at the resort that weekend, that was not too unexpected though somewhat inconvenient,
Rest of the stay was great.
October 9, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by virzone Some good points but overall hotel needs further improvement
- The service staff are very helpful. We forgot to take our luggage and the staff gladly help to make a turn back to the ferry terminal and pick up the luggage and whenever they us carrying our children, they will quickly offer their help to carry the stuff for us.
- The kids club is great. The children love it. The hotel has really put in quite some effort to make the kids playground safe and enjoyable for the kids.
- Hotel room is clean.
- The shuttle to the city center is well organized. Although the departure pick up was late by 15 minutes but overall still acceptable.
- The hotel generally needs a refurbishment, the hotel corridor, lifts looks old, the paint in the building are all wearing off, the water in the children pool is also murky. This is the first time I see my kid don't enjoy the pool at all.
- The games room is boring. Only one table soccer and a billiard table, otherwise the whole place is quite empty with a lot of walking space.
- The quality of the food served by the teppanyaki restaurant is very bad. They charge exorbitantly and the food is not great.
- I can't say overall the food is unhygienic in the cafeteria but I saw one lady who was serving the scramble eggs's counter, trying to insert the frying pan into a big dustbin behind her trying to get the dirt off it. And when she notice that I saw her doing that, she quickly told me " come back later". Of course I did not go back for the eggs..
- The surroundings of the hotel is super boring. There is hardly any activities you can do there. Only left the hotel pool which Iike I said is not up to our expectations.
- The bed in the room is in poor conditions. You can see the bed actually sunk in towards the center.
- The water kettle in the room is also not working and they are still using those water kettle which integrates with the coffee tray (I think the last time I saw that was probably 10-15 years ago). We asked for the working water kettle but in the end no one send it. So we have to ask for the hot water at the restaurant to make the milk for my children.
October 9, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ace195809 Great place for R&R
The whole site of this hotel is impressive, many facilities, spa, great pool area, sports bar, snooker table, tennis court, golf nearby.
The buidings and rooms need a little TLC, but overall a good value.
The staff is very helpful and friendly. The in-house Tea Tree Spa is particularly exceptional, the therapists are highly qualified, the setting unique, and the ambiance is perfect for relaxation, also they offer a wide variety of treatments.
Definitly recommend this resort
October 8, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jennyjade Poor Service and poorly maintained faciliities
No one from the hotel responded to my feedback. Room was badly maintained. Air con not well maintained, bathroom is not clean and is very old.
Pool doesnt look clean too.
October 7, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mosap007 Holiday Inn Experience
Me & Family Have Always Enjoyed Our Time At Holiday Inn Batam As We Always Feel Welcomed & The Place Is Always Clean & Exceed Our Expectations.
October 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Lyn1505 Friendly staff
I have stayed at The Holiday Inn Batam numerous times and the reason I keep on going back to that hotel is because of the staff that has now become my friends especially the F
October 1, 2014