- Wild Park Brailsford - 31.7 km
- Derby Gaol & Ghost Walks - 33.5 km
- Donington Park Racing Circuit - 4 km
- East Midland's Aeropark - 5.3 km
- Carsington Water - 42.2 km
- National Brewery Centre - 31.4 km
- Alton Towers Theme Park - 61 km
- Derby Museum & Art Gallery - 22 km
- Derby Cathedral - 21.6 km
- Kedleston Hall - 28.8 km
- Heights of Abraham - 51.3 km
- Gulliver's Kingdom Theme Park - 50.7 km
- National Space Centre Leicester - 29.6 km
- Nottingham Castle, Museum & Art Gallery - 20.3 km
- City of Caves - Nottingham - 20.1 km
City Name: Derby
Distance from Hotel: 6.84 MI/ 11 KM
Closest Convention Centre: De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre
Distance from Hotel: 12.92 MI/ 20.8 KM
Golf: 4.35 MI/ 7 KM
Joseph Wright of Derby was an 18th-century artist whose mystical landscapes and portraits reflected the age's growing fascination with science and industry. The largest collection of his paintings in the world is at Derby's Museum and Art Gallery, a 25-minute drive from the hotel. The gallery's Study Centre contains his drawings, prints and letters.
Less than 30 minutes' drive from the hotel, the area surrounding nearby Nottingham is Robin Hood country, and there are many tours and activities to commemorate the legendary figure. The self-guided Robin Hood Trail takes you past Nottingham Castle, through Sherwood Forest and to Creswell Crags. There's also a good selection of shops, restaurants and nightlife in the area.
Don't Go Home Without
Derby, a 20-minute drive from the hotel, is considered a centre of the real-ale movement, with numerous places to drink the unfiltered, unpasteurised cask brew. Some taverns have microbreweries attached, and many offer live entertainment and organise festivals. Two to try are the Exeter Arms, repeatedly voted "Best pub in Derby" by CAMRA, and the Brunswick Inn, a one-time railway workers' hangout.
If you're a fan of the great outdoors, head to the Peak District National Park, a little over an hour's drive from the hotel. Hikers can find a variety of terrain to keep them busy, and those who love cycling can set out on one of the many trails. History lovers can check out Haddon Hall or the elegant, lakeside Chatsworth House, and even hike between them – a distance of less than six miles.