- Silverstone Circuit - 19.3 km
- Althorpe House - 21.4 km
- Santa Pod Raceway - 33.3 km
- Royal & Derngate Theatre - 8.5 km
- Collingtree Park Golf Course - 3.4 km
- Castle Ashby Gardens - 17.9 km
- Stoke Bruene - 6.3 km
- Northampton Saints Rugby Club - 10.1 km
- Sixfields Stadium - home of Northampton FC 8.5 km
- Delapré Abbey, Grade II listed - 5.8 km
- Delapré Park, country park and concert venue
- Milton Keynes Bowl (The National Bowl) - 27.8 km
- thecentre:mk Shopping Centre - 24.6 km
Distance from Hotel: 45.61 MI/ 73.4 KM North West
Golf: 1.24 MI/ 2 KM
Get some serious wardrobe envy with a visit to Northampton Museum and Art Gallery, where, alongside ceramics and fine art, you'll find over 12,000 pairs of shoes on display. The white satin slippers worn by Queen Victoria on her wedding day and husband Prince Albert's Wellington boots can be seen among historic shoes from Japan, Egypt, China and Africa. Imelda Marcos, eat your heart out!
Although it's only 19 miles from the hotel, you might hear Santa Pod Raceway long before you arrive. This is the European base of drag racing, considered to be the fastest and loudest motor sport. Many speed records have been set here at Podington Airfield, and it's a thrilling day out, with Monster trucks, rocket bikes and classic cars all making regular appearances. Ear plugs are recommended.
Don't Go Home Without
If you feel the need for speed, the Silverstone Circuit is just 20 minutes' drive from the hotel. Here you can watch Formula 1® Grand Prix, MotoGP™ and a host of other exciting petrol-head attractions. You can even put the pedal to the metal yourself by booking an Experience Day on one of the world's most prestigious racing tracks, with options like stunt driving and skid control.
Northampton Market Square, 10 minutes' drive from the hotel, offers everything from fresh local produce to vintage clothing, jewellery and haberdashery. Wander the more than 100 stalls and pick up a gift, or munch on a snack from one of the traders. Open from Monday to Saturday, the market dates back to the 13th century, and is surrounded by several notable 18th- and 19th-century buildings.