Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 668
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ryan1974 Great Stay
Great Stay, Walked to Downtown Disney. Clean and comfortable
October 21, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by brotherlud Anniversary get-a-way
- It was our 16th wedding anniversary and wanting to be frugal we went with the Holiday Inn.
- For the money spent it was a good value. We estimated the morning breakfast probably saved us $40 over our 2 nights and 3 days.
- Service was an issue. Front desk failed to describe the shuttle service and when prompted gave the minimal amount of information required (failing to not that it is a bus, it is an independent service and that it does not say 'Holiday Inn' on it) -causing us to have to walk back to the hotel in the rain. On the upside -very close to Downtown Disney.
- Front Desk failed to give us our breakfast vouchers or describe how they work. Front Desk morning clerk (I believe the manager) had a great attitude,everyone else not so much.
- Hard sell on a time share in the lobby of the hotel, Not good. Here on vacation, trying to relax, time is limited and I have to now figure out how to disentangle myself from an overly aggressive sales octopus.
- The room: musty carpet -old 80's style smelling like the ghost of cigarettes past. No balcony (OK, I guess) but windows won't open so I can't air out the carpet (not good). Microwave and fridge (very good). Good wifi. Seating in the room limited.
- Bathroom: My wife doesn't know about this -I was first in the bathroom -touched the towels under the sink and out pops a roach -one of those little German types, except this sucker looks very well fed. No counter space. The retro-fit redesign (I'm assuming) of the sink counter does not fit flush to wall (inch gap) making what little counter space there was that much more useless, There is no counter / prep space outside the bathroom. There IS a full length mirror in the room but no light over the mirror -making it useless for my wife to apply make-up. This added time to our day as she had to wait for me to finish. Shower head good (nice settings), accessories good, towels a little rough (needed fabric softener).
- Bed -felt hard -slept like the dead, so what do I know? Regardless of how the bed felt it did the trick, so kudos.
- Quiet / room noise: none! One of the best surprises -I could not hear my neighbors. Stay at a theme park 'value' resorts and you get to know the people in the adjacent rooms in ways you never wanted to. Our room here was like a quiet oasis.
- The shuttle service (an independent company) -once we figured it out (no thanks to the front desk) worked great and was informative.
- Over-all, we got value for the money we spent. Holiday Inn could fix most of these issues easily. Question is -will they?
October 21, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SmSmKkHe14 Great Hotel
First off, my family and I were at the hotel only one night and did not have any of the hotel's food, they do not offer night time room service so we ordered Pizza Hut... but the hotel breakfast looked delicious when we walked by heading to O'Hana.
The rooms were spacious, immaculately clean, and the beds were comfortable. We plan to stay here again in 2015.
The valet was extremely helpful and kept our luggage all day the day we arrived and the day we left inside the hotel to keep it from getting too hot in the car.
The guest services people during the day were extremely helpful and friendly. The only negative about the night shift (after 9 pm) is that they need to add at least one additional staff member to help with guest issues and late check in. It is a large hotel and there is only so much one person can do.
I received 300 extra points for my stay... no goodie bag.. no early check in... no late check out... no free breakfast or drink voucher either.... and no apology or discount from the night shift guy who would not even let my husband call my cell phone from the desk when we were separated at Epcot after I had already called the hotel and informed them that I was searching for my husband and was still at the park with 4 of our kids. I told the people in the morning what happened with the night shift staff and they basically said "oh my".
I have learned my lesson about the happiest friendliest place on Earth... it isn't always staffed or visited by the nicest or most helpful people on Earth. My advice is.. this is a very nice hotel and we will stay here again... BUT.. do not rely on any of the Disney guest services or night hotel staff to help you if you lose an adult make sure you have your own plan if you are separated.
October 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tish17 Great Service
Staff was very friendly from the Valet to the check in and check out. Any time I was in the Lobby, the staff always made a point to say hello. Not many hotels do that anymore.
October 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great Stay
Exceeded our expectations! We have a great time. Will definitely stay here again.
October 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jill77 Great service
Loved your hotel very clean and u were all there to open the door for us, our room had a great view of downtown Disney, thank you again we had a wonderful stay there last weekend!
October 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Catnip135 Friendly service
Another amazing 7 day stay at Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista. Excellent pool and bar area with a variety of menu items. Staff went to great lengths to ensure we had the best vacation. Only complaint, was the noise level from I-4; better insulated glass and or curtains are required. Would stay at this hotel again as loved the location so close to Downtown Disney.
October 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Baby05 Great service
Room was immaculate, scenery was great. Close to Downtown Disney (walking distance). Friendly staff, Great ambiance.
October 16, 2014