Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 42
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BMWLADY Best Holiday Inn thus far!
This has to be by far the best Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at. The facility is bran new, well staffed, everything was above par. We will definitely stay here again.
December 3, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by casespartan Pleasant Surprise
Great accommodations and excellent service. Staff went out of the way to make our stay eceptional
November 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Flinty Fantastic!
Our stay was too short at a hotel that represents the best in accommodations.
November 19, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Disgruntled2817 Pretty bad...
My experience at this Holiday Inn was pretty bad. A few things were pretty egregious and while some were outside the control of the hotel management, others were not.
First, the staff was very pleasant and friendly. I don't have any complaints about the way I was treated by them. In fact, their jobs are probably made significantly more difficult by dint of the quality of the hotel that they work at.
There were a few big things and quite a few minor things that added up to make this hotel stay distinctly unpleasant.
1) The internet - incredibly slow. Both wired and wireless networks were terrible. (Big)
2) The hot water - my room's hot water lasted approximately 2 minutes. Not enough for a decent shower and definitely not enough for a bath. (Big)
3) The AC - made loud, odd noises and emitted strange smells. The room became unbearable if it was turned off. (Big)
4) The breakfast - I went without breakfast just because it was so bad. Again - the staff was great, but the quality of the food was incredibly poor. Everything was greasy or packaged or incredibly sweet or a combo of the three. Not at all healthy. (minor)
5) Recognition for IHG Rewards members. I don't expect a lot or even want a lot of attention, but there was little to no recognition that I have, over the years, contributed to HI's bottom line. (minor)
6) Elevator speed. This isn't a big area but it shouldn't take an elevator 30 seconds to go 6 floors. I'm not saying I want whiplash, but I think I raced up the stairs faster than the elevator went. Which is fine when I want to exercise, but not when I'm in a hurry. (minor)
7) The "fitness center" was absymal. It smelled strongly of chlorine and the lack of pretty much anything that was related to fitness or really anything in the room was pretty sad. (minor)
Again - this was a distinctly memorable (in a bad way) stay for me and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. The staff was great - but the facilities left a lot to be desired.
November 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by FAMILYQ MOMMY AND DADDY DATE NIGHT!!!
This hotel and its staff provided the much needed rest and relaxation we needed. So close to everything, we had dinner, took in a concert, and rested comfortably on the king size bed.
The staff was professional and courteous.
The free wifi, pool, and other amenities provided a feeling of connectivity and simplicity.
Awesome place..and we will be staying there again for next "DATE NIGHT"
November 17, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BMcCallB Once again the accommodations were A+
I have stayed several times at this Holiday Inn and each time the accommodations have been EXCELLENT. Every staff member was cordial with a smile offering to assist in any way to make my stay a pleasant one. The rooms and hallways were IMMACULATE and smelled nice and clean. Even the little details such as the folding of the tissues and washcloths provided those extra special, "over and beyond" touches. The restaurant was clean with a nice decor, and relaxing. There was no blaring rock music!!!! Service was rapid, staff were courteous, and the food was very good and well presented. All the front desk staff were friendly and offered me water and/or coffee upon arrival. The staff were jovial, well-groomed, and very professional; they appeared to enjoy and take pride in their work. The location is convenient to I-40 and any location in the Triangle which made navigating from place to place very simple. In summation, the hotel appears to be very well managed with attention payed to details. I highly recommend!
November 13, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Micky007 Looking Forward To Many Returns
Spur of the moment late night arrival 11/07/13 began with shuttle van driver who was extremely helpful in answering all questions promptly and honestly. Met at the counter by another kind soul who exceeded expectations. Evening ended at the lounge with yet another friendly staff member who was too kind (and beautiful to boot). My early 3:30 AM wake was greeted at the front door by another smiling face all too eager to help me in any way possible. I truly look forward to getting back to this hotel. I only wish that I had more time to spend there. Thank you Holiday Inn RDU. You are a cut above the rest.
November 11, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by hut4898 Recommend this Hotel to all my Friends
Really classy feeling staying at your Hotel. I know this sounds corny but, I am a smoker and its nice that some hotel chains still give the buyer a choice. Thank you, its hard enough being away from home and then having to stand out front and smoke. again silly to some but a nice accommodation to others. Thanks and see you all again!!!
October 29, 2013