Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 96
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by sam-toffer Breakfast was the best part of this trip
This hotel was one of the few that I would go back to or recommend. The rooms were hot no matter how much you regulated the A/C temperature it just wouldn't move and stayed hot. It seemed like every place in this hotel was hot. Fitness Center was hot and a leak on the roof with water dropping down onto the equipment power lines, safety hazard? I am not sure. Even the breakfast area was so hot one morning that my family rushed to eat so that we could leave because we were sweating so bad in there. Pool area was nice but would have been better if somebody would actually go out there and clean it. No fun swimming or playing in there when you constantly have dirt/leaves or even hair on your hands! yuck All in all for the type of hotel and price I would have expected more.
July 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ichiban Short stay in Tyler
I received a call prior to arrival asking me what type of room would I want to upgrade. Never had that done in advance.
We come to Tyler once or twice a year - will likely stay here on my next visit
July 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MWM316 nice room and good service
enjoyed my business stay at the HI S. Broadway in Tyler, TX. Will definitely come back to this Hotel. .great staff and good food.
July 15, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bubba 327 Waste of Space
Nice staff, clean room, but they have perfectly good balconies in every room that are locked and unaccessible. Balconies are one of the thing I look for in a hotel.
July 13, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by god father2010 nice hotel
very nice hotel to stay at for a family or just passing thru town and need a place to stay at the food is very good
July 12, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by wce1980 Not the Best Stay, but not bad.
The lobby was very noisy and crowded when trying to check in. They tried to give me the wrong room type. Not a bad stay, but I will definitely try to stay at one of the other IHG brand hotels in the area next time.
July 11, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by umpdude disappointments
we were disappointed with:
1. The "senior sweetheart" plan referred to an "upgrade" but I did not understand what the upgrade was. Asked but no answer was given. The room was a king size bed but no other obvious upgrades.
2. the view--looking out the window we saw a wall opposite the bar area and looking down was the bar. not a romantic scene.
3. the room was evidently located next to the housekeeping room, they began making noise early in the morning. seemed to not care about the noise level of the comfort of the patrons.
4. the commode was too low to the floor and the seat was totally uncomfortable--cheap plastic. if this is a "senior sweetheart" upgrade, why not put those patrons in a room with a commode that sits higher.
5. pool was lousy and needed a Jacuzzi out by the pool
July 10, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rdwill32 good overall service
Every thing was fine. I will be happy to stay at this facility on my next visit to Tyler.
July 9, 2014