Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 68
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BOB111111111111111111 Great night desk service
Late arrival at 11pm was efficient and Desk clerk was fully focused on our needs.
July 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Heavyevie Personnel at this location are WONDERFUL!!!
We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express in Athens, TX a total of 24 nights three different times. The people that work there are the BEST of any hotel we have ever stayed at. They are so accommodating, friendly, courteous and kind. The beds (we had king beds) are very comfortable. The bathrooms are nice and roomy with lots of counter space for cosmetics, etc. We stayed in three different rooms there and all of them were very clean and nice. The only minor fault we could find with this hotel is that the air conditioners are kind of loud. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express!
July 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jjco7 Great services but lacking in Awards Club member appreciation
Apparently being an Awards member does not mean anything anymore to HI. In past as priority club member small but meaningful gifts, notes or appreciation by staff was given, not anymore I guess.
Otherwise all was excellent....
July 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by barb75402 Clean, comfortable, and convenient
I was unfamiliar with this small town, but very familiar with HI Express, so this was a very logical choice of places to stay. The hotel was very convenient to where wanted to be. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a great weekend stay.
July 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by StrosBros Great Staff, Poor Internet
The staff and room was great. However, the internet was slow and cut in an out. I understand that faster internet may not be available in this area, but a hardware upgrade is needed in this hotel. The breakfast was on par with the brand. But I would like to mention again how great the staff was and continues to be at this hotel. Also the hotel is extremely clean which is refreshing compared to the Holiday Inn Expresses in west Texas.
July 15, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by pc28 make up your own mind
This was a stay to make up for a poor stay earlier this year. I dropped my lotion bottle beside the night stand & when I moved it to get bottle, there was pieces of food wrappers & a snapple bottle behind the stand. There is a electric box (huge) outside by the pool & my room was above that electric box. It turned on & off about every 3/4 minutes ALL NIGHT LONG....never did get a solid sleep. Plus side, this is the first time, in I dont know how long, that when I asked for a late check out, the housekeepers did not start knocking on my door at 9am or earlier. Front desk person, Cheyenne, was very nice, as was the guy I spoke to about 8pm, forget his name.
July 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dory123 Warm and Welcoming
After my car broke down in Athens, I booked my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. From the first night the staff was nothing less than excellent. They were kind, helpful, and welcoming. They me feel like I was family. When you are stuck in an unfamiliar area and know no one, staff like this makes all the difference. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was delicious, and my overall experience far exceeded all my expectations. I wish I didn't have to stay here, but I am thankful that if this situation had to happen, I was lucky enough that I got to experience it here.
July 9, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Caroleme Awesome
As a business traveler of 28 years, I have stayed in many hotels. We are quick to complain when something is wrong, but I enjoy letting the company know when a visit is so wonderful that I actually hated to leave. What, you may ask, made my visit so memorable? Let me list a few of the reasons:
1. Wonderful staff. This is always a plus with any organization. They greeted me like I was a rock-star. Within the first few minutes, and throughout my stay I was referred to by my name. Chyeene asked me if everything was okay with my room. Did I need directions to my destination? Roland asked if I needed a wake-up call in the morning? He took the time to find a phone number of a business in town that was not listed in the phone book. He also took the time to walk me through a problem with my television. Pete checked me out and actually made me believe that he was sorry to see me go.
2. A HOT tub that actually deserved the name. Not tepid tub, not warm tub, but HOT tub! Thank you Herb!
3. A wonderful breakfast bar that actually took into account business travelers may need to leave the hotel in the morning for their destination at 5:30AM, not 6:30AM. Breakfast was available, hot, and ready for us. The food choices were many and varied. Thank you Breakfast Lady!
4. A clean environment. A comfortable mattress with a choice of pillows. Air conditioning that actually cooled the room.
5. Now lets talk about the extras, not normally available. The Managers treats in the afternoon, with HOT, freshly baked cookies. Coffee available throughout the day.
To sum up my stay at the Athens Holiday Inn Express in one word, "AWESOME" is the word I would choose. This was my first stay here, but hopefully not my last one. Thank you to the Athens Holiday Inn Express staff. You made me feel at home during my stay.
June 29, 2014