The heart of the area is the Old Town Market Place, with its restaurants, cafés and shops. Surrounding streets feature medieval architecture such as the city walls, barbican and St. John's Cathedral.
Castle Square is a visitor's first view of the reconstructed Old Town, when approaching from the more modern center of Warsaw. It is dominated by Zygmunt's Column, which towers above the beautiful Old Town houses.
PKiN is Poland’s tallest building, with its 44 floors. On the 30th floor (a.k.a. XXX Floor), there is the View Terrace at the level of 114 m above ground. It features 46 levels, including 2 underground. The height used to be 230.68 m. However, an antenna base was added on top of the spire in 1994 and the total height is now 237 m.
Lazienki Park was designed in the 17th century by Tylman van Gameren, in the baroque style, for Stanisaw Herakliusz Lubomirski. It took the name Lazienki ("Baths") from a bathing pavilion that was located there.
Wilanów Palace in Wilanów is, together with its park and other buildings, one of the most precious monuments of Polish national culture. It was built for king John III Sobieski in the last quarter of the 17th century and later was enlarged by other owners
The Warsaw Ghetto was the largest Jewish Ghetto in any German-occupied country. Of the ghettos in Nazi-occupied Europe, located in the territory of General Government in occupied Poland during World War II.
On Okopowa Street in Warsaw, Poland sits an old Jewish cemetery - one of the very few to have survived World War II. Founded in 1806, the cemetery consists of 82 acres and contains the remains of approximately 250,000 people. Unfortunately, the Nazis burned the cemetery's records, so no one really knows how many are buried here.
The National Theatre was founded in 1765, during the Polish Enlightenment, by that country's last monarch, Stanisaw August Poniatowski. On 17 March 1830, Chopin premiered his Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Op. 11, at this theatre.
The Fryderyk Chopin Museum is a museum in Warsaw, Poland, established in 1954 and dedicated to Polish composer Frédéric Chopin. Since 2005, the Museum has been operated by the Fryderyk Chopin Institute.
The Chopin Statue is a large bronze statue of Frederic Chopin that now stands in the upper part of Warsaw's Royal Baths Park aka Łazienki Park. It was designed in 1907 by Waclaw Szymanowski.