Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 22
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kent_H Pleasant lodging. El Restaurante? Not so much.
I stayed 8 nights in January, 2014. On both occasions, I was placed in a street-side room on the 4th floor.
* Comfortable, spacious room.
* Clean, attractive public areas
* Nice gym with a view of the volcano while working out! Very good selection of equipment.
* Unique roof deck for viewing the surrounding area. Was this once a pool?
* Wireless Internet was improved between my visits; I never had any issues on the 2nd stay.
* Recognition of my Platinum status gained me a premium room.
* Bar is small, but handy. Gracias to the bartender, Santos! The pictures on the website show the bar near the lobby, but it has been relocated adjacent to the restaurant.
* Three nice restaurants are within walking distance -- for those who choose to do so.
* Yes, the streetside rooms become noisy at 5:30 AM as the honking buses park in the lane out front.
* As noted by other reviewers, the thermostat does not function to control the temperature of the room. It is either off or full blast.
* The hangers use to hang clothes in the "closet" are rather weak and useless. All my clothes eventually crashed to the floor.
Dinner service was acceptable & the quality of the food varied. I had a wonderful flank steak on one visit, but a rather awful spinach ravioli on another. All the salads were large and wonderful. The tortilla soup was very good.
Breakfast is another story. At 7:45 AM, many of the tables were dirty and not set. As I attempted to use a clean table, I was told it was reserved, but no one was ever seated there. When I could hail a waiter for coffee, he often delivered it cold. A request for cream resulted in the delivery of a glass of 2% milk from the buffet. The fruit on the buffet was often depleted. This 120-seat restaurant evidently had only one salt & pepper shaker set. We had to ask for it every morning. On the other hand, I ate the tastiest broccoli w/white cheese sauce one morning. The grill cook (for eggs) was always friendly and usually prompt. A varied selection of juices was always available.
I don't enjoy being so negative, but I like to start my mornings on a positive note. The inattentive staff prevented that.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rocio13 Excellent buffet and room very comfortable and roomy
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel exceeded my expectations: staff, service, and specially the buffet. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.
December 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Erick123 Suggestions for room service and shower
- The room service menu has very few meals, it should be like the restaurant menu, I have to go down to the restaurant to order something different.
- The water temperature during a shower is not constant, I try to keep it warm but it changes to cold then to very hot, then warm again.
- It used to be a small breakfast table at the fourth floor, it takes to much time to have a complete breakfast at the restaurant when I just want a cup o coffe and something small and fast. It would be nice to have ir back.
November 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mike201 Great Hotel for business or pleasure.
Nice clean comfortable rooms. The lobby looked very new. The people and the staff were very helpful and very friendly, everyone spoke acceptable English. The restaurant' food and service were near perfect.
The only complaint (and a minor one) the internet was adequate most of the time, but occasionally it would slow to a crawl. I suspect the bandwidth may have been inadequate.
Overall a very nice place, and I would recommend it to anyone, for business or pleasure.
November 11, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Manzanero Rooms
Rooms are old, some of them are new but unfortunately I was not able to use them.
The rooms I have used during my last 4 visits are in front of the freeway and in the mornings the buses horns and I could not sleep.
In the other hand, the gym and the Spa are very good! Service here is great!
October 28, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Stretch79 Great hotel with one pet peeve
Love this hotel. My one pet peeve is that they vacuum the dining room every day at 6 am when it opens. All of the breakfast food is out so I don't like the thought of all the vacuum cleaner dust flying around with the food. They should vacuum the place when it closes at midnight.
October 1, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by James2244 Room temperature
The thermostat did not control the room temperature. It was either heat on or air conditioning on. It did not modulate to maintain a temperature.
September 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Takagi Warm welcome by staff
Explained effective information for stay. The lighting in the room needs improvement. Doesn't work many times.
September 14, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Stretch79 Great room except for one thing
I was in room 409 which was directly under the gym so whenever anyone ran on the treadmill I would hear rhythmic thumping. Also, vacuuming the restaurant at 6 AM when breakfast starts is a bad idea. Vacuum at the end of the day after the restaurant closes.
September 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ClienteContento Excelente servicio
Particularmente del personal de front desk!
Excelente servicio y atención a los detalles y preferencias para hacer la estancia aún más placentera.
Muchas gracias y muchas felicidades!
August 5, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Handybently Excellent
It wat a great,,at the beginning I experience a little of trouble with the WIFi signal & getting the password, after call front desk they provide me with the right access code after that not trouble whatsoever
July 29, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Paty1703 Excelent service
It is comfortable, clean with excelent service.
Just need to have enough towels in Gym Center.
June 20, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Halo81 Amazing stuff. They made me feel home away from home.
Amazing stuff. They made me feel home away from home.
June 20, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by mluna Not for traveling with kids
I use frequency this hotel on business trips. For this time I had a personal trip with my family. It was a shame that they didn’t have channels for kids I call front desk because on the channel guide of the Hotel they had several child channels, they told me that there was no problem with mi TV, the thing was they did NOT have any channels for kids. Today I’m at the Hotel once more (know for business) probably the same room, and I do have know more than 2 kids channels, so I don’t understand, do or do not have channels for kids???? Why they didn’t want to solve my problem? They didn’t care???
What is true is that on my next visit with my family, Crown Plaza Toluca won’t be my choice, unless they make some thing about it!
November 22, 2012