Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 14
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Kent_H Pleasant lodging. El Restaurante? Not so much.
I stayed 8 nights in January, 2014. On both occasions, I was placed in a street-side room on the 4th floor.
* Comfortable, spacious room.
* Clean, attractive public areas
* Nice gym with a view of the volcano while working out! Very good selection of equipment.
* Unique roof deck for viewing the surrounding area. Was this once a pool?
* Wireless Internet was improved between my visits; I never had any issues on the 2nd stay.
* Recognition of my Platinum status gained me a premium room.
* Bar is small, but handy. Gracias to the bartender, Santos! The pictures on the website show the bar near the lobby, but it has been relocated adjacent to the restaurant.
* Three nice restaurants are within walking distance -- for those who choose to do so.
* Yes, the streetside rooms become noisy at 5:30 AM as the honking buses park in the lane out front.
* As noted by other reviewers, the thermostat does not function to control the temperature of the room. It is either off or full blast.
* The hangers use to hang clothes in the "closet" are rather weak and useless. All my clothes eventually crashed to the floor.
Dinner service was acceptable & the quality of the food varied. I had a wonderful flank steak on one visit, but a rather awful spinach ravioli on another. All the salads were large and wonderful. The tortilla soup was very good.
Breakfast is another story. At 7:45 AM, many of the tables were dirty and not set. As I attempted to use a clean table, I was told it was reserved, but no one was ever seated there. When I could hail a waiter for coffee, he often delivered it cold. A request for cream resulted in the delivery of a glass of 2% milk from the buffet. The fruit on the buffet was often depleted. This 120-seat restaurant evidently had only one salt & pepper shaker set. We had to ask for it every morning. On the other hand, I ate the tastiest broccoli w/white cheese sauce one morning. The grill cook (for eggs) was always friendly and usually prompt. A varied selection of juices was always available.
I don't enjoy being so negative, but I like to start my mornings on a positive note. The inattentive staff prevented that.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Rocio13 Excellent buffet and room very comfortable and roomy
I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel exceeded my expectations: staff, service, and specially the buffet. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.
December 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Erick123 Suggestions for room service and shower
- The room service menu has very few meals, it should be like the restaurant menu, I have to go down to the restaurant to order something different.
- The water temperature during a shower is not constant, I try to keep it warm but it changes to cold then to very hot, then warm again.
- It used to be a small breakfast table at the fourth floor, it takes to much time to have a complete breakfast at the restaurant when I just want a cup o coffe and something small and fast. It would be nice to have ir back.
November 18, 2013