Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 126
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BigJimmyO Great hotel
The location of this hotel is ideal for me when visiting Helsinki on business. Very clean and well kept, the staff are fabulous and the restaurant is great (though dinner choices could be broader). The room was nice, but the pillows were bad. I could not tell the difference between the soft and firm pillows at all. This was a bit of a problem for me, but I do not request a new pillow (which I'm sure would have been provided). My only gripe is that this is a windowless hotel. I have a strong preference for fresh air over reconditioned air, as I usually find that my sinuses react very badly to being forced to breath air-conditioned air. Otherwise, a lovely stay.
October 8, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ED88 Good location and great staff
The hotel has a great location. Easy access to highways and the metro rail station. Within an easy walk to the waterfront and downtown. Also a short walk to the parks and beach. The staff was very welcoming and pleasant and the food was fantastic, with some traditional Finnish dishes.
October 3, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Telecom traveler Finished in Finland
The Holiday Inn West is a great place to stay while in Helsinki. I recommend anyone going there to stay there.
September 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jacwag Very convenient!
Property delivered what was expected. For those who are visiting Helsinki it is well placed near to bus and subway stations.
September 22, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dario210566 Soggiorno dal 25 al 28 Agosto
Ottimo servizio in tutto
Il menu standard dovrebbe essere un po' aggiornato ma la qualita del cibo è ottima
Tutto lo staff e' disponibile ed altamente professionale
September 8, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Sunny12345 Bad experiences both times
I had bad experiences both stays over the last 3 weeks for the following reasons:
1. WIFI - it was pathetic - though I had "premium" access - the signals kept dropping, emails were difficult at times, lync calls etc pls forget about it ! Complained thrice - no action either !
2. The bed was wobbly and not exactly firm - I had a slight back issue by the end of day 2
3. The bar and coffee section was not replenished - I had to remind them twice to get it done
4. The Aircon - not sure how the settings worked - it was cold at times, hot some times - though I did not change the switch more than once
5. The restaurant is short of staff - it took the waiter at least 15 minutes to come to my table and take an order
Overall, displeased as a Gold Elite member.
September 7, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Андрей37 Отличное соотношение Цена/Качество
Удобное расположение для тех, кто путешествует на машине. Интернет работал все вре��я. Есть чай, кофе в номере. Довольно большой спортзал.
September 7, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by a Japanese in Holland I caught a cold due to the conditioning system
1.It was simply too cold in the room due to the system of air conditioning (Ventilation) which can't be switched off completely. We requested the receptionists extra blankets to get warmer however they suggested me to open the heating system but the main switch was off in the hotel therefore heating system was not working in the room. The receptionists were not aware of that.
Finally they provided us extra blankets and a portable heating which was better than nothing but wasn't enough to be comfortable.
2. It was rather unusual without any heating system in bathroom as in most of hotels in Scandinavian countries there are good heating system in bathrooms. I wonder how your guests take shower in winter months. It must be freezing cold.
September 2, 2015