Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 152
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Akeel reception's employee
i had a very a negative experience with the gentleman at the reception who processed my check in to the hotel by the following:
1- he did not recognized me as a gold member of IHG reward program, and his attitude was bad with me.
2- he checked me in a smoking room without telling me , where in my preference in the membership is Non smoking room.
3- i knew about the room that he checked me in it is smoking room at the time where i was in the room's floor, when i went back to him he ignored me.
4- another gentleman from the reception came to me and correct the mistake and he gave me an upgraded room. and i appreciated what he did to me.
i hope to hear back from you about this issue.
August 26, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by aeroed Recommended
Good location near Intl Airport terminals, great breakfast and beautiful rooms. Superb service at front desk.
August 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by I-Love-Travelling Good business hotel
Overall experience in this hotel was good during the stay 5-10 Aug 2014.
Service was excellent: front desk and restaurant staff were all well trained and helpful in answering inquiries and requests.
1) Front desk staff gave good information on directions and guide on local transportation.
2) I had to leave early before 6am upon check-out. Upon request, the restaurant packed a great take-away breakfast, which I must say was really good.
Only 2 minor details that were not as good: the airport pick up and room cleaning staff.
1) Airport pick up staff needs to be present when picking up hotel guest: I had to go around looking for the pick up staff, who was relaxing at some corner, after he had placed the hotel card on the railing.
2) Room cleaning staff: they should be re-trained in the basics of cleaning a room. One of the day i was present while the staff was cleaning the room. I saw his cleaning process and it was not hygiene.
- Dusting of table top, it should be done with a cloth or duster. The staff was blowing the dust off the counter top with his mouth, which would leave his saliva all over.
- Changing of the quilt cover, the staff was dragging the cover on the carpet floor, which is very dirty. It should be done on the bed.
August 25, 2014