Rated 3.5 out of 5 by 62
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Waterskier71 Excellent as always
Beautiful new rooms!
The people here are second to none.
August 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Aston's Gem Exceeded my expectations
My recent stay at this property was hassle free and very enjoyable. Lovely clean room and a good variety of breakfast options.
Would highly recommend this hotel which is within walking distance of the local shopping strip
August 23, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by DAW12 Dream Cruise Experience
We stayed for 5 nights during the Dream Cruise event so this was not a normal stay. The venue was crowded for the last 3 nights and we had some issues with smoking. However, our kudos to Daren (who always goes far above and beyond), Adriane (who is fantastic) and Courtney (who has only recently become assistant manager) for making it a very good experience.
August 21, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by leigh1 The staff was great
This is a nice hotel, a little dated but they have a great freindly staff.
August 20, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tommy G Best hotel on Woodward Ave
We have spent the last 14 Woodward Dream Cruises at this hotel. The staff is the friendliest of any Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. I travel at least 8 days a month for work. I wish all hotels were as friendly as this one. We also love the remodeling which is in progress.
August 19, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by car buff Woodward Dream Cruise Visitor
We stay at this hotel which is on Woodward Avenue for the Dream Cruise every year and the convenient location adds to the fun of the trip!
August 18, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Spoiler2 Woodward Dream Cruise
The perfect place to be for the Cruise. Right in the middle of the action and a safe place to store your car when your not on the street.
August 18, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Good value for money!
The good things first:
- Great value for money
- No frills hotel and for someone who doesn't want the frills this is great
- The complimentary breakfast is great - It's fresh and wholesome
- Located suitably near downtown Birmingham
What went wrong:
- The first morning as I filled up my bathtub, I got a call from the front desk saying that the hotel reception had water leakage because of my bathtub and so I couldnt use it. I was told a plumber will come to my room to check and fix the issue. No one came. I called again to ask what I need to do since I had to shower and leave for work. I was then told that no one can come right away so I should use the shower (not the bath tub). I checked again in the evening if they could fix the leak and if I could use the bathtub. They said, no.. I'll have to make do only with the shower and there's no chance of shifting me to another room. I agree that it's a budget hotel, but these are really basic necessities that must be available to your customers.
- Some other basic utilities like a soap-dish on the wash basin were missing.. Would be good to have some of these.
August 3, 2014