Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 55
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Good value for money!
The good things first:
- Great value for money
- No frills hotel and for someone who doesn't want the frills this is great
- The complimentary breakfast is great - It's fresh and wholesome
- Located suitably near downtown Birmingham
What went wrong:
- The first morning as I filled up my bathtub, I got a call from the front desk saying that the hotel reception had water leakage because of my bathtub and so I couldnt use it. I was told a plumber will come to my room to check and fix the issue. No one came. I called again to ask what I need to do since I had to shower and leave for work. I was then told that no one can come right away so I should use the shower (not the bath tub). I checked again in the evening if they could fix the leak and if I could use the bathtub. They said, no.. I'll have to make do only with the shower and there's no chance of shifting me to another room. I agree that it's a budget hotel, but these are really basic necessities that must be available to your customers.
- Some other basic utilities like a soap-dish on the wash basin were missing.. Would be good to have some of these.
August 3, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by kate5111 Never again here
The room had no bathtub
The housekeeper knocked and asked when I was leaving two days before my reservation ran out.
The key was rekeyed by mistake and I was locked out of my room.
The key locked me out a second time and I had to get a key again to get in my room
There were not enough seats and people had to stand to eat breakfast
All and all a terrible experience
July 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rmurph2042 Friendly Place to Stay
The staff makes you feel welcome as soon as you enter the lobby. The rooms were clean and fresh and had natural light. Would recommend this establishment to anyone traveling.
July 22, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Debalali Move the smoke alarm!!!!
The worst part of my experience was the blaring, piercing smoke alarm, which was activated by my using the shower! Huh??? Apparently the smoke detector "sees" the shower vapor and activates, but there was no way to turn on a fan so I left the bathroom door open. Why the smoke alarm is RIGHT NEXT TO THE BATHROOM DOOR was not explained to my satisfaction.
While some of the staff were pleasant, my overall experience was a general malaise and lack of interest in the satisfaction of the guests. Sorry, but never again.
June 30, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by eljowo Cosmetics
I rate a hotel on cosmetics, not on friendly service. I feel management companies use good service as a crutch to make up for a lack of investment in hotels. I don't care if someone greets me.
I want plush towels, not what was in the room. I also did not like the disposable cups for drinking water in the room. I found this particularly offensive as there are signs in the room suggesting re-using linens to conserve resources (which we all know is spin for the hotel trying to save money) yet if the mentality is to be mindful of the environment, why are disposable cups, not glass ones the option. This made me afraid to eat the free breakfast.
I was very deterred by the person who checked me in pushing the rewards program on me--it really gave me a negative view of the property, coupled with her chop shop way of telling me to plug the iPhone charger into a computer as a plug was not there.
The housekeeper was very good.
June 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Sally Kahului Very clean and comfortable. Good value for cost.
This hotel exceeded our expectations. Reviews we read on the internet prior to our stay rated the hotel poorly, but we chose it anyway, because of its convenient location. We were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely, clean, quiet hotel, with attentive staff and abundant breakfast choices. We enjoyed having coffee and tea available at all times in the lobby - even at midnight! Despite its location on a busy street, it was quiet inside, even when we had our door open to the balcony. We were able to walk to local shopping and dining facilities. The gym was sufficient for one of our party; the other one of us was able to walk to a local gym for additional amenities. We would surely stay here again.
June 27, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by hazelnut No Curtains?????
The place is pretty much worn out. Couldn't believe that they don't have curtains in the rooms. Just shears. Lights at night shines in
June 18, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Travelght Quiet
This hotel is in a great location.
It's very comfortable and clean, and the staff is very accommodating.
Would definitely recommend.
June 18, 2014