The Priority Club® Rewards program (Program) membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Six Continents Hotels, Inc. (SCH) and its subsidiaries and affiliates which are members of the InterContinental Hotels Group (collectively IHG). Hotel brands currently participating in the Program include InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday Inn™, Holiday Inn Select®, Holiday Inn SunSpree® Resorts, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Garden Court®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations™, Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites® (collectively, IHG Hotels). Brands may be added or deleted at the sole discretion of SCH.
The rights and obligations of SCH under the Program may be assigned or transferred by SCH to any other related or unrelated entity at any time, and performance thereafter shall be the responsibility of that entity.
The following are some of the service marks and trademarks owned by IHG: Priority Club®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday InnTM, Holiday Inn Select®, Holiday Inn SunSpree®, Holiday Inn Garden Court®, Holiday Inn Club VacationsTM, Staybridge®, Candlewood®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, and InterContinental®.
- Program Sponsor. The Program is operated by Six Continents Hotels, Inc., Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30346-2149 U.S.A. and is administered on its behalf by the appropriate IHG entity.
- Membership Eligibility and Fee. Membership in the Program is available to individuals (you) as stated in these Program Terms and Conditions. You must be at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in your state or province of residence, whichever is older. You may maintain only one account. Companies and/or other entities cannot enroll. There is no enrollment fee for this Program.
- Program Availability. SCH reserves the right to restrict, suspend, discontinue or cancel this Program upon 90 days' written notice to all active members. In that event, your right to receive Priority Club points/airline miles/frequency credits may end 90 days after we notify you and your right to redeem Priority Club points may end 180 days after we notify you, no matter what the level of your participation in the Program. Priority Club points for all members not presented for redemption on or before such redemption end date cannot be redeemed.
- Membership Cancellation. SCH reserves the right to cancel any Priority Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed Priority Club points collected by any member for reasons that include, but are not limited to: 1) violation of these Terms and Conditions; 2) misrepresentation of any information or any misuse of this Program; 3) violation of any national, state or local law or regulation in connection with the use of membership privileges; 4) failure to pay for hotel charges; 5) a check to a participating hotel brand that is returned for insufficient funds or is invalid for any reason; 6) commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Program; 7) more than one active account per member; or 8) physical, verbal, or written abuse of hotel or IHG personnel; or 9) action, in any other way, to the detriment of the Program or any of its alliances; all as may be determined by SCH in its sole discretion.
- Changes in Terms and Conditions. SCH and its Frequency Alliances reserve the right to change, limit, modify or cancel Program Terms and Conditions (including the number of Priority Club points issued for a Qualifying Stay), regulations, benefits, conditions of participation, rewards and reward levels in whole or part at any time, even though changes may affect the value of points or rewards already accumulated. You will be bound by any such changes.
- Notice of Changes. Any such changes will be shown in these Terms and Conditions on the priorityclub.com web site and will be effective immediately unless stated otherwise. A notice that a change has been made will be placed on the web site for a reasonable period of time. Any changes to any printed version of the Terms and Conditions will be contained in the next reprinting of that printed version. SCH will attempt to notify active members of major Program changes, but will not be liable for failure to do so, and all members will nevertheless be bound. An active member is defined as any member having point activity (accrual or redemption) within the last 12 months.
- Legal rights. Neither the Program nor any benefit offered by the Program creates, constitutes or gives rise to any legal or contractual rights by members against SCH.
- Data Privacy. Under the data protection legislation of various countries, we are required to particularly draw your attention to the fact that by applying for membership or by continuing to exercise the privileges of membership and in order to make it possible for IHG to perform its obligations under the Program, you accept and explicitly authorize that your personal information which is supplied by you in the enrollment form or during the course of your Program membership (i) shall be processed by SCH, in its capacity of data controller, by its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees, including IHG hotels in nearly 100 countries, and by the Priority Club and InterContinental Ambassador Service Centers and (ii) may be transferred worldwide to any third parties with which IHG is affiliated within the scope of the Program ("Frequency Alliances") or to third parties to process your personal data on our behalf or where required by applicable law or in the event of a company reorganization, merger or acquisition, for use of such information for its (their) administration of membership records, guest service, advertising, marketing and communication purposes. They or we may contact you for marketing purposes by mail, fax, telephone or email. Also, as an additional value-added benefit, we are offering you the opportunity to receive information on goods or services that may be of interest or value to you by providing various companies a mailing list of Priority Club members. This is an opt-in benefit for members who are residents of Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia, Canada, or other countries that require an opt-in process. You will need to check the relevant box on the offline enrollment form or contact your Priority Club or InterContinental Ambassador Service Center to get this benefit. Members residing in all other areas of the world, including the U.S.A. may automatically get this benefit. If you wish to be excluded from such affiliated third party contacts and/or such mailing lists, you will need to contact the Service Center in your region and ask to be removed.
- Right of Access to Data. You have a right of access to your data by sending a written request to your regional Priority Club or InterContinental Ambassador Service Center. You are responsible for restricting access to and maintaining the confidentiality of your membership account and PIN and you agree to accept responsibility for the activities of anyone using your PIN.
- Special Services. You may be entitled to special services and benefits at IHG hotels. Benefits and services may change from time to time and may vary by hotel, country and geographical region. Club-level members receive free enrollment into the Priority Club Rewards program and may receive hotel benefits which vary by hotel and region. They include but are not limited to the following: complimentary weekday newspaper and extended check-out until 2 PM EST (based upon request and availability).
- Points for Stays. You may earn Points for Stays beginning with the date of your enrollment in the Program. Points will not be earned for Stays made prior to the date of your enrollment as shown in Priority Club records. A Stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out. A Stay is qualified when paying Qualifying Room Rates, which include most business and leisure rates. If you enroll in Priority Club Rewards at the time of your initial stay in any IHG branded hotel excluding ANA partner hotel worldwide, you will be awarded 1,000 points for that qualified enrolling stay. For subsequent stays, and for all stays if you enroll by some other means prior to your initial stay, you will receive the following:
-InterContinental Hotels & Resorts outside of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean plus all InterContinental Alliance Resorts worldwide, you will receive 2,000 points per Qualifying Stay or the applicable airline miles, which may vary by participating airline;
-Effective 2012 February 15, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean plus all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express hotel brands worldwide, you will receive ten (10) points for each USD dollar or local currency equivalent paid toward Eligible Charges on your individual hotel room bill, when you pay Qualifying Room Rates, or the applicable airline miles;
-Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites hotel brands you will receive five (5) points for each USD dollar or local currency equivalent paid toward Eligible Charges on your individual hotel room bill, when you pay Qualifying Room Rates, or the applicable airline miles;
-ANA/Partner Hotels in Japan, points earned vary by hotel: you may earn 2,000 Priority Club points, 1,300 Priority Club points or 600 Priority Club points or the applicable airline miles. For complete details visit www.priorityclub.com/ana .
Eligible Charges Worldwide include the following Qualifying Room Rates paid for hotel room nights: including the hotel’s Advanced Purchase Rate, Best Flexible Rate, worldwide sales negotiated rate, national/regional/local government rate and specified leisure rates as confirmed by IHG's HOLIDEX® Plus reservation systems. Points will be awarded for Qualifying Room Rates booked through IHG central reservation offices, IHG web sites, travel agents or directly at the hotel. In addition, in North, South and Central America and the Caribbean, points may be collected on locally negotiated rates if these rates are discounted less than 30%. At Asia Pacific hotels, Qualifying Room Rates also include all locally negotiated rates. Eligible Charges Worldwide also include food and beverage, telephone, laundry, and in-room movies charged to the member's room. Hotels may choose to award points for other charges at their discretion. At U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental Alliance Resorts), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10) provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the member's stay at the same hotel, and that their Priority Club Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the member's reservation.
- Limits on Points for Stays. Points are not issued for stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates; Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate. Except as expressly set out otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, Priority Club points are not awarded for fractions of a U.S. dollar spent, or for dollars spent on tax, VAT, GST, service charges, gratuities or hotel incidentals. Charges not billed to your room, gift shop purchases, and meeting charges, other than Priority Club Meeting Rewards, will not be eligible for points. You must have stayed in the room and paid for it in full to receive Priority Club points. Only one room will be credited per member per night; however, at U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10), provided those rooms are used in conjunction with your stay at the same hotel, and your Priority Club Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with your reservation. Only the member whose name is on the reservation record will be awarded points and will be awarded Qualifying Night credit toward achieving Elite-level status or other promotional goals. Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member. Points and/or Qualifying Night credit are not awarded for no shows even if the room is paid for in full. Priority Club points or miles will not be issued if your room is paid for by a trade group, association or company as part of a convention or group business meeting (10 rooms or more). If you stay at an IHG hotel under the terms of a contract or group commitment, you will not be eligible to receive points.
- Points have no value. Priority Club points are not redeemable for cash or any other form of credit and have no value until presented for redemption in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Program. Points have no fixed or ascertainable cash value. Members have no ownership interest in accrued points and accrued points do not constitute property of the members. Use of the word earn in marketing materials in relation to Priority Club points shall mean collect and shall not infer that the points have any value until they are presented for redemption. Points may not be purchased or sold and are not transferable except as otherwise stated herein.
- Employer Restrictions. Some employers, by policy, may prohibit or restrict employee participation in the Priority Club program. IHG assumes no responsibility or liability for compliance with these policies.
- Points Adjustments. The points listed in your Priority Club account are subject to change to reflect actual stay information, any adjustments and Program changes. If you believe your account activity statement is inaccurate, contact your regional Priority Club or InterContinental Ambassador Service Center. Point adjustments will not be made more than 60 days after the statement date. Please keep all of your hotel room receipts for your records, as they will be required for point adjustment requests.
- Communications Not Received. SCH is not liable for loss of misdirected correspondence, requests, freight, or Reward Certificates that may be incomplete, illegal, delayed, lost or stolen.
- No Guarantees on Merchandise. SCH, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, and agents make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to items of merchandise or products or services of Frequency Alliance partners, and shall not be liable for any loss, expense (including without limitation, any legal fees), accident or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of such items or as a result of any defect or failure of such items. Any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are specifically disclaimed.
- Restricted by Law. This Program or participation therein is not valid and/or the awarding of Priority Club points or Frequency Alliance miles/credits and/or the granting of rewards is void where prohibited or restricted by law in the country of the member's domicile.
- Program Violations. Program violations, suspected fraud or abuse in relation to point or mileage credit or reward usage is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and by SCH, including, without limitation, freezing your account the forfeiture of all point transfers, rewards, vouchers, or merchandise issued pursuant to point redemptions and any accrued points or miles in your account, as well as cancellation of the account and your future participation in the Program.
- Point Purchases. You may purchase additional points necessary to redeem a reward to a maximum of 50,000 points within a calendar year. Points must be purchased in minimum increments of 1,000 points, and can only be paid for by an accepted credit card. Follow the instructions at www.priorityclub.com/purchasepoints or call your regional Priority Club Service Center for assistance. No cancellations or refunds are permitted.
- Point Transfers. Priority Club Rewards points may be transferred between any two specifically designated member accounts. A member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Priority Club Rewards points into another member's account. The cost to the member authorizing the transfer will be $5 USD per 1,000 points transferred, and can only be paid for by an accepted credit card. Follow the instructions at www.priorityclub.com/transferpoints or call your regional Priority Club Service Center for assistance. An Authorization to Transfer Points form must be completed and submitted in order to transfer the required number of points. Once the authorization for transfer is received and processed, the transferor relinquishes all rights to the transferred points. No cancellations or refunds are permitted. Other than as stated above, no transfer of points may occur.
- Other Point Awards. Priority Club points may be distributed as rewards, recognition, or incentives by IHG hotels to guests and hotel employees, and also by other companies with whom SCH has agreements to their employees and customers.
- Maintaining Account Information. You can view your Priority Club Rewards account details and activity, and update your personal information and communication preferences at www.priorityclub.com You will need to provide your Membership Number or email address and PIN to access this information online. You agree to provide accurate information to the program and to promptly communicate any changes to your contact information via the Priority Club website or by contacting your nearest Priority Club Service Center.
- Program Interpretation. Interpretations of Program Terms & Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of SCH. SCH reserves the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions or any rules related to the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice and subject to local laws and regulations.