Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 194
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by IHG_99 Conveient stopping point on way to South Coast
Checked in OK, parking convenient, advance paid so got a good rate for an overnight stay. No issues.
July 1, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by davidrpowell Basingstoke Holiday Inn
The positive thing about the brand is it's consistency - you know what to expect and you get just that, wherever you are.
The hotel provided everything we needed for this visit, and the breakfast was of a very high quality, apart from the coffee.
The only negative feelings are that the structure itself is now dated for the type of hotel, but it is in good decorative order.
July 1, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by smt123123 Quiet room
A well serviced hotel in a convenient location for motorways. The bedroom was quiet and the bed was comfortable. A great stay.
June 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tates54 Local Wedding reception and party
Hotel were wonderful hosts for the wedding breakfast and party. Good service and excellent attention to detail
June 25, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by AA6813 Staff Not responsive
The Hotel Staff was not responsive to many simple request, (e.g. hold luggage, get hotel billed email to you, check out in the evening before departure). Many times the staff appeared incapable to do these tasks that I would expect in any normal hotel. Additionally, I am still missing my hotel receipt that they stated they would email to me.
June 25, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by KS1234 Too Long at this Hotel
My co-workers and I stayed at this hotel as it was in a convenient location. Overall, the hotel was below average, especially given the price some days (which fluctuates every single night). The group I came with had 10 rooms and it seemed most of us ran into a problem at some point.
We stayed for a week, checked out for the weekend, and then came back for the second week. Despite one person letting the front desk know that they would not check out over the weekend like the rest of us, he got 3 calls/emails letting him know he was late to check out for the weekend and would be charged if his things weren't moved shortly. Additionally they said they had no room to store our luggage for the weekend and offered no solution. Luckily for us, our 1 co-worker could fit 9 other people's luggage in his room.
My first room had 3 spiders in it, one of which was about 3 inches long. The beds were average. We made the mistake of buying the first week's breakfast vouchers in advance which we later regretted as breakfast was overpriced and didn't offer much selection.
One coworker got charged a no show fee during the middle of her reservation which doesn't even make sense. When checking out Thursday night, the man said she would have to come back Friday morning at 7:30 to speak with reservations who could adjust the charge. When she did that, she then found out reservations wouldn't be there until 9 so she had to check out with this inappropriate charge still appearing on her bill.
The first week we were 'able' to check out the night before, although not really, because they wouldn't provide the itemized receipt until the next morning, defeating the purpose of checking out the night before since you had to get in line the next morning anyway. The second week I was not able to check out the evening before due to the 'new system'. That is a standard option most all hotels are able to offer.
There is also no gym, and you have to walk about 20 minutes to get to one.
The ladies at the front desk were helpful and nice but just about everything else needs improvement at this hotel
June 20, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by kitekid65 Sehr freundliches Personal und komfortables Bett .
Eine angenehme Unterkunft, funktional und ruhig. Sehr freundliches Personal. Danke, gerne wieder.
June 18, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Zaciepoo This hotel needs improvments in staff training
I was a recent guest in your Basingstoke Holiday Inn and want to inform you of my unpleasant experience. 10 of my co-workers and I checked in on a Saturday with reservations for 2 weeks. We were very dissatisfied with our service for the following reasons:
1. Upon check-in many of us were assigned twin beds which was not per our reservation
2. One co-worker was required to pay a no-show fee for the middle of the week even though she was there and the person at reception knew this. However, he told her that she must take it up with reservations and there was nothing she could do.
3. If checking out the night before, don’t make your guest check out again the morning of when nothing has change and you are not providing any service. We were not even given an official receipt – just an itemized bill.
4. If 12 people are staying for 14 days and ask you to store luggage for two of those days, don’t just say No, I can’t ..make an effort to please your guest!
5. If an Elite member checks in, make sure this person gets the room that is deserving of their status. Non-elite members had much better rooms, received free water and snacks, and news papers; while this Elite member received absolutely nothing.
6. Train your staff to know how to interact with customers. When 6 of us go to checkout, don’t ask “are you all staying in one room.” Yes, we are all lying on top of each other on the twin beds that you put us in. Also note that while two men were at the front desk, only one would help us, the other just wanted to complain about working until 7am the next morning. We were also not offereed to review our bill before being asked to submit payment. That should be a mandatory requirement.
7. Thank you and I hope that my next stay at IHG properties will be a much pleasant experience.
8. Note the bar and restaurant staff, as well as the ladies at the front desk were wonderful. It was only the gentleman there on Friday morning that was truly incompetent overall.
June 12, 2015