Grand Central Hotel
Glasgow's most iconic hotel famed for its friendly and charming welcome
Directly adjoining Central Station, Grand Central Hotel Glasgow was originally built in the late 19th-century as a great British railway hotel. One of the city's most iconic buildings, the hotel has welcomed many famous guests including Frank Sinatra and Winston Churchill, throughout the years.
Perfectly located in the very heart of Glasgow's city centre, great shopping experiences await with Princes Square, Buchanan Street and St. Enoch Centre all within a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Glasgow International Airport (GLA) is only 7 miles away and getting to the SSE Hydro to see a concert or the Scottish Exhibition Centre for a conference has never been easier with a direct train link at Central Station.
The hotel restaurant, Tempus Restaurant & Bar, offers seasonal locally sourced food and drink and a visit to Champagne Central is a must; our destination bar overlooks Central Station and evokes the golden age of travel; serving the best cocktails, afternoon tea and tapas style sharing plates - you won't want to leave.
Perfectly suited for meetings, conferences, events and weddings, Grand Central Hotel is home to 9 flexible event spaces. With our Grand Room having capacity for up to 400 people, it is one of the grandest event spaces in the city.
Come on in and we'll create memories together
Languages Spoken By Staff
- Service Animals Allowed
- Our hotel is fully accessible for guests using a wheelchair
- Guestroom Accessibility Details
- Furniture can be rearranged for added space
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms & Routes
- Bathroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Bedroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Grab Bars/Adequate Maneuvering Space/Tall Toilets
- Adequate Turning Space
- Padded Plumbing/Clearance Beneath Vanity
- Elevator Accessibility Details
- All Level Elevator Access
- Wheelchair Accessible Elevator
- Elevator Near Accessible Rooms
- Public Area Accessibility Details
- Public Restroom: Padded Plumbing/Vanity Clearance
- Public Restroom: Wheelchair Accessible Stalls
- Wheelchair Accessible Hotel Entrance
- Wheelchair Available
- Wheelchair Accessible Public Restroom
- Restaurant Wheelchair Seating
- Public Facilities Accessible
- Your four legged friend is welcome in our hotel, your pet is also on vacation. There is an additional charge of 30 Pounds per room per night per pet.
- Standard Rooms, Suites, Business Center, Public Areas and Meeting Convention Space
- Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Estimated taxi Cost : 25 GBP
- Estimated time by taxi : 30 minutes
- The nearest car park is the NCP Oswald Street which is 500m walk to hotel. Our guests benefit from 50% discount on the published parking rates. Public rate is £25 for 24 hours - hotel guests pay £12.50 for 24 hours (rate correct as of August 2019).