Grand Central Hotel
A landmark hotel and one of the city's most prestigious buildings.
Directly adjoining Central Station, Grand Central Hotel Glasgow was originally built in the late 19th-century as a great British railway hotel. One of the city's most prestigious buildings, the hotel has welcomed many famous guests including Frank Sinatra and Winston Churchill, throughout the years. Perfectly located in the heart of Glasgow's city, Princes Square, Argyll Arcade and St. Enoch Centre are all within a 5 minutes walk. Glasgow International Airport (GLA) is only 7 miles away. The hotel restaurant, Tempus Restaurant & Bar, offers seasonal locally sourced food and drink that showcases the very best of Scottish cuisine and culture. A visit to the recently refurbished bar, Champagne Central is a must; the bar overlooks Central Station and evokes the golden age of travel, while Deli Central offers quick food on the go with a special focus on local favourites. Perfectly suited for meetings, conferences, events and weddings, Grand Central Hotel is home to 21 flexible event spaces, each with its own style that complements the original character of the building. With capacity for up to 400 people, it is one of the grandest event spaces in the city.
Languages Spoken By Staff
- Service Animals Allowed
- Our hotel is fully accessible for guests using a wheelchair
- Guestroom Accessibility Details
- Furniture can be rearranged for added space
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms & Routes
- Bathroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Bedroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Grab Bars/Adequate Maneuvering Space/Tall Toilets
- Adequate Turning Space
- Padded Plumbing/Clearance Beneath Vanity
- Elevator Accessibility Details
- All Level Elevator Access
- Wheelchair Accessible Elevator
- Elevator Near Accessible Rooms
- Public Area Accessibility Details
- Public Restroom: Padded Plumbing/Vanity Clearance
- Public Restroom: Wheelchair Accessible Stalls
- Wheelchair Accessible Hotel Entrance
- Wheelchair Available
- Wheelchair Accessible Public Restroom
- Restaurant Wheelchair Seating
- Public Facilities Accessible
- Your four legged friend is welcome in our hotel, your pet is also on vacation. There is an additional charge of 30 Pounds per room per night per pet.
- Standard Rooms, Suites, Business Center, Public Areas and Meeting Convention Space
- Glasgow Airport (GLA)
- Estimated taxi Cost : 25 GBP
- Estimated time by taxi : 30 minutes
- The nearest car park is the NCP Oswald Street which is 500m walk to hotel. Our guests benefit from 50% discount on the published parking rates. Public rate is £25 for 24 hours - hotel guests pay £12.50 for 24 hours (rate correct as of August 2019).