Explore Our Hotel
A smart hotel in Edinburgh's Old Town, with fresh-design rooms and breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express® Edinburgh - Royal Mile hotel is a 10-minute walk from hilltop Edinburgh Castle.
Direct trains to Glasgow and London travel from Edinburgh Waverley station, less than 10 minutes away on foot. Edinburgh Airport (EDI) is around 30 minutes by car. The elegant Georgian buildings housing flagship stores and chic boutiques on Princes Street and George Street are a relaxed stroll away. If you’re a lover of literature, the Writers' Museum has intriguing exhibits on Burns, Scott and Stevenson. Take a tour of the lavish rooms of the 16th-century Palace of Holyrood house, the Scottish Royal residence. Our knowledgeable staff are happy to give you more insider tips for your Edinburgh stay.
At this hotel you can enjoy:
- Free WiFi
- Blackout curtains
- A fully equipped meeting room
- Convenient parking
Fuel up for a big day with the included Express Start™ Breakfast, with English and continental choices. Our warm, welcoming open plan lobby area is perfect for a quick coffee, a relaxed pint or just surfing the net. Any time you’re feeling peckish, you can order from the All Day Dining menu. Your Next Generation room blends soothing tones with splashes of colour, and offers convenient USB ports for your devices.
- Black-out Shades
- Pillow Menu
- Iron/Ironing Board
- In-Room Heating and A/C Controls
- Sofa Bed/Sleeper Couch
- Private Bathroom
- Bathroom Amenities Available
- Hair Dryer
- Separate/Walk-in Shower
- Coffee Maker
- Tea Maker
- Flat-screen TV
- Work Desk with Lamp
- Desk-level Electrical Outlet
- Direct-dial Phone
- Windows Open by Guest
- Connecting Rooms Available
- Oversized Bath Towels
- Complimentary Coffee/Tea Supplies
- Breakfast Buffet Included
- Continental Breakfast Included
- Off-site Restaurant Delivery Available
Hotel Bars & Lounges
Our hotel bar can be found next to the reception on the ground floor. A selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages and snacks are available to purchase as well as a limited hot menu of pizzas and currys. The favourite Mackays ice cream is also a great treat.
Location: Edinburgh city centre Royal Mile
Hours of Operation: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- 1 Meeting Room(s) Available
- Free High-Speed Internet in all Rooms
- Wireless Internet service is free for all IHG® Rewards Club members
Housekeeping & Laundry
- Daily Housekeeping
- Wake Up Calls
Edinburgh, EH1 1NA
Check In: 3:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
Check-in Age: 18
Parking + -
- No onsite parking. There is the Holyrood NCP secure park about a minutes walk from the hotel. Postcode EH8 9UQ. The hotel offers a 25% discount , 24 hours about £15.00. The hotel is not affiliated with the car park and prices maybe subject to change
Shuttle + -
Accessibility + -
- Public Entrance
- Guest Rooms
- Public Restrooms
Accessible Hotel Areas
- Ramp Access
- Visual Alarm/Alert in Guest Rooms
Provided by Hotel
Pet Policy + -
- Pets Allowed
- Service Animals Allowed
- Pet Fee per Night: 20 GBP
- You are most welcome to bring your pet to our hotel. The cost is 20 GBP per night as a cleaning charge. One dog per room. Dogs are not allowed in the Great Room or public lounge unless they are Assistance Dogs.
Facility + -
- Smoke-Free Facility
- Number of Floors: 6
- Total Number of Rooms: 78
- Number of Non-Smoking Rooms: 78
- Number of Accessible Rooms: 3
- Connecting Rooms Available
- Public Spaces Renovated in: 2017
- Guest Rooms Renovated in: 2016
Languages + -
Languages Spoken by Staff
Credit Cards + -
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Carte Blanche
- IHG® Business Edge Pay (UK only)
Be The Readiest® for your stay
Summer Offer - 20% off
Triple your points
FAQs for Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile
Can I cancel my booking at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile for a full refund?
Yes, when you book your stay at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile direct with IHG, choose one of our flexible rates which include the flexibility to change or cancel your reservation at no charge. For full details, refer to our Travel Advisory details.
Does Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile have a pool?
No, Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile does not have a pool.
When is breakfast at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile?
Breakfast at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile is available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
What are the check-in and check-out times for Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile?
Check-in at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile is from 3:00 PM, and check-out time is 11:00 AM. Contact the hotel directly for options available for early check-in or late check-out.
Does Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile offers free WiFi!
Does Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile have a restaurant on site?
Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile has 1 restaurant.
How much does it cost to stay at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile?
Rates for accommodations at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile vary by season. For your rate options, please input your dates.
How many rooms does the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile have?
The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile has 78 guest rooms. Enter your dates to view available rooms for your stay.
Can I bring my pet to Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile?
Pets are welcome at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile. Our Pet Policy: You are most welcome to bring your pet to our hotel. The cost is 20 GBP per night as a cleaning charge. One dog per room. Dogs are not allowed in the Great Room or public lounge unless they are Assistance Dogs..