good hotel in nice location, but...
Hotel is in really good location. Few steps away there is metro station (25 lei for 7day traveling ticket) that can take you in most of the places within Bucharest. Taxis are next to hotel and in
hotel there is also automated station for ordering taxi. Avis rental car within hotel is very good for weekends. No need to run over whole city to get car. I've used it and works quite well, you may also leave car keys on reception in order to close contract.
Old town is walking distance, like 5min or 10min slow walk. Most of good places are quite close. Very good starting point.
Hotel itself is really nice. 4 star hotels are about same price and this one for each hotel room has balcony. And of course room is slightly bigger then in 4start hotel, but you will notice that difference. Breakfast is like 95% same as in other hotels in Bucharest.
Room service maybe ring to the door bell but they walk in in 3 second after ringing in bell. So if you are in underwear or without it they might caught you naked... or sitting on toilet. Very often that they ring and get in without waiting for response.
With 5 star hotel i was expecting more from cleaning service
1. I was expected that ceramic tiles joints will be white clean, not gray somewhat clean
2. black tea bags were always missing so i had to take it from breakfast or call service
3. uncleaned spoons that i left on table were not cleaned up
4. beer glass that i brought from hotel bar was not taken away, neither washed
5. Ironing board that i left was placed in the corner not into the wardrobe
6. my stuff like shoes that i left next to TV was moved in different corner. I left it in order so i didn't expect that someone will move it somewhere else.
Details worth mentioning for "high expectations travelers"
1. Reaching toilet paper is not convenient as you need to reach behind you, so i simply moved it in front next to washbasin.
2. Bidet is still more "manual". In these days you may get full service from new bidet, except drying of course. If it would not be there it would be not a problem, i expected more if its there. I found better solution in Japan Narita airport lounge.
3. I can't get anything outside to balcony to sit (i.e. read)!
4. Shame that there is no TV speaker in bathroom.
5. Balcony door has kid protection, but to unlock you need to call service. Rly?!
6. In other 5star hotel in Bucharest you get sofa and small table, here you don't have it. That would be useful for watching TV and put beer and legs on it but for me there was no problem not having it.
7. Bed was not so nice, at least to me and not very bad. It was OK but some uncomfortable. It was bulging a bit so i was always on some side of the bed. it was quite hard too to me. For someone <80kg it might be bit too hard. But that's my opinion as at home I'm used to dedicated foam mattress, you need to check it by yourself. Same was with pillows, no square pillows only rectangle medium and hard, I could not find my taste.
When you do not travel at all, or you do not visit 4 and 5 start hotels you will like this hotel very much. For the view, balcony and old town walking distance its better to stay here. Recommended for photographers that like to spend evenings on taking night photos from balcony :)
When you travel a lot and you have comparison to other hotels you will see minor details for which you would probably not put there this 5th star but eventually you will say, yeach it was OK, not awesome as i had better but OK.
So, good hotel in nice location, but...i liked it and I would stay in it again to check what's changed. It was not so bad to cross it from very good hotels list, but I would take away 0,5 star for some details. [Less]