Kimpton's Approach to Clean
At Kimpton, heartfelt human connections are at the center of everything we do. It’s also our goal to give you incredible travel experiences. How this happens may look and feel a bit different now as we take extra precautions to protect the well-being of our community.
We know that when you stay and dine with us, it’s more than a bed and meal that we’re providing, it’s also safety and peace of mind. We’ve enhanced our health and cleaning protocols to help ensure that our hotels, restaurants and bars continue to be safe welcoming spaces for everyone. We’re continually fine-tuning industry best practices and training our teams to follow current safety guidelines. You can expect our properties to tailor these practices in alignment with local ordinances. How these adjustments come to life may vary by property.
FACE COVERINGS, US HOTELS: Unless required by local jurisdiction, and in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and AHLA's Safe Stay revised guidelines, Kimpton Hotels in the United States will follow the following face covering criteria:
Hotel guests: In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) mask guidance released on February 25, 2022, in areas of substantial or high COVID-19 transmission, guests are encouraged to wear face coverings in all indoor areas, regardless of vaccination status.
With updated measures in place, we're proud to be part of the IHG® Clean Promise.
At all Kimpton hotels, guests can be reassured that:
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
Hotel + Restaurant Cleanliness
- All common areas and shared equipment will be disinfected at frequent intervals. Hand sanitizer stations will be provided throughout all common spaces.
- Our complimentary PUBLIC Bikes have a disinfection process added prior to bike check out.
- Fitness centers will employ enhanced safety and cleanliness protocols.
- In cases where pools and beaches are permitted to stay open, we’ll use enhanced protocols to support equipment cleanliness.
We’re also reimagining our signature Kimpton programming in virtual formats:
- Morning Kick-Start will feature a “Kimpton Get Up + Go” playlist and complimentary access to Press Reader content on guests’ personal devices (available at select properties).
- Evening Social Hour will now offer opportunities to unwind and relax over a glass of wine or a locally-inspired beverage in our living rooms or in the comfort of your room.
Guest Room Cleanliness
- Between each stay, all guest rooms will be disinfected following appropriate public health guidelines.
- All in-room amenities, such as communal bath products and yoga mats, will be disinfected between guests.
- Select guest room amenities (such as extra bedding) will now be available upon request so they’re freshly laundered or disinfected and delivered in a contactless way.
Meeting + Event Cleanliness
- All meeting and event spaces will be equipped with hand sanitizer stations and spaces will be disinfected between every event.
- Updated floor plans and capacity charts will be used in our meeting/event planning process to support physical distancing for guests and colleagues.
- Communal water pitchers will be replaced with individual bottled water and certain tabletop items (stationary, pens, candy, and décor) will be temporarily removed as a precautionary measure.
- Creative room sets will adhere to physical distancing guidelines with updated floor plan capacity charts.
- Virtual AV offerings will be made available.
- Reimagined menu offerings to include prepackaged food served in sustainable containers and utensils.
- Through a partnership with Wellness 4 Humanity, a trusted wellness and COVID-19 testing company, we can facilitate testing for groups of all sizes prior to or during an event.
- Face coverings and gloves will be available for meeting attendees by request.
Hotel and Restaurant Colleagues: Protocols + Safety
- In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) mask guidance released on Feb 25, 2022, in areas of substantial or high COVID-19 transmission, colleagues are encouraged to wear face coverings in all indoor areas, regardless of vaccination status.
- Colleagues will self-screen for signs of illness and will stay or return home as appropriate