Kimpton's Approach to Clean
At Kimpton, heartfelt human connections are at the center of everything we do. It’s also our goal to give you incredible travel experiences. How this happens may look and feel a bit different now as we take extra precautions to protect the well-being of our community.
We know that when you stay and dine with us, it’s more than a bed and meal that we’re providing, it’s also safety and peace of mind. We’ve enhanced our health and cleaning protocols to help ensure that our hotels, restaurants and bars continue to be safe welcoming spaces for everyone. We’re continually fine-tuning industry best practices and training our teams to follow current safety guidelines. You can expect our properties to tailor these practices in alignment with local ordinances. How these adjustments come to life may vary by property.
FACE COVERINGS, US HOTELS: Unless required by local jurisdiction, and in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and AHLA's Safe Stay revised guidelines, Kimpton Hotels in the United States will follow the following face covering criteria:
Hotel guests: In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) mask guidance released on July 27, 2021, in areas of substantial or high COVID-19 transmission, guests are encouraged to wear face coverings in all indoor areas, regardless of vaccination status.
With updated measures in place, we're proud to be part of the IHG® Clean Promise.
At all Kimpton hotels, guests can be reassured that:
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
Hotel + Restaurant Cleanliness
- All common areas and shared equipment will be disinfected at frequent intervals. Hand sanitizer stations will be provided throughout all common spaces.
- Where possible, physical distancing floor markers will be placed at six-foot intervals in the front desk, living room and lobby area.
- Close-contact areas, such as the front desk, will have an additional layer of protection provided by plexiglass partitions.
- All common-area furnishings will be rearranged and/or reduced to support physical distancing, and some communal items may be temporarily removed.
- Our complimentary PUBLIC Bikes will have an extra disinfection process added prior to bike check out.
- Where it’s safe to do so, guests will be allowed to self-park as a contactless option.
- Fitness centers will employ enhanced safety and cleanliness protocols.
- In cases where pools and beaches are permitted to stay open, we’ll use enhanced protocols to support physical distancing and equipment cleanliness.
We’re also reimagining our signature Kimpton programming in virtual formats:
- Morning Kick-Start will feature a “Kimpton Get Up + Go” playlist and complimentary access to Press Reader content on guests’ personal devices (available at select properties).
- Evening Social Hour will now offer opportunities to unwind and relax over a glass of wine or a locally-inspired beverage in our living rooms or in the comfort of your room.
Guest Room Cleanliness
- Between each stay, all guest rooms will be disinfected following appropriate public health guidelines.
- All in-room amenities, such as communal bath products and yoga mats, will be disinfected between guests.
- Select guest room amenities (such as extra bedding) will now be available upon request so they’re freshly laundered or disinfected and delivered in a contactless way.
Meeting + Event Cleanliness
- All meeting and event spaces will be equipped with hand sanitizer stations and spaces will be disinfected between every event.
- Updated floor plans and capacity charts will be used in our meeting/event planning process to support physical distancing for guests and colleagues.
- Communal water pitchers will be replaced with individual bottled water and certain tabletop items (stationary, pens, candy, and décor) will be temporarily removed as a precautionary measure.
- Creative room sets will adhere to physical distancing guidelines with updated floor plan capacity charts.
- Virtual AV offerings will be made available.
- Reimagined menu offerings to include prepackaged food served in sustainable containers and utensils.
- Through a partnership with Wellness 4 Humanity, a trusted wellness and COVID-19 testing company, we can facilitate testing for groups of all sizes prior to or during an event.
- Face coverings and gloves will be available for meeting attendees by request.
Hotel and Restaurant Colleagues: Protocols + Safety
- Colleagues will wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status, and follow any applicable local requirements. However, we will ease face covering requirements for fully vaccinated colleagues who are working outside, or not in close contact with others.
- Colleagues will be screened for signs of illness and will stay or return home as appropriate
- Colleagues will continuously use protective equipment, and this use will be supplemented with hand-washing breaks and hand-sanitizer stations.
- Colleagues will be supported in maintaining a six-foot space from guests and from one another wherever physically possible.
- Colleagues will also use physical distancing practices with guests’ pets, including when offering dog treats.
- Colleagues will receive new training on how to deliver Kimpton’s signature heartfelt care in ways that support physical distancing, such as increased usage of Kimpton’s text messaging program.