Kimpton's Approach to Clean
At Kimpton, heartfelt human connections are at the center of everything we do. It’s also our goal to give you incredible travel experiences. How this happens may look and feel a bit different now as we take extra precautions to protect the well-being of our community.
We know that when you stay and dine with us, it’s more than a bed that we’re providing, it’s also safety and peace of mind. We’ve enhanced our health and cleaning protocols to help ensure that our hotels, restaurants and bars continue to be safe welcoming spaces for everyone. We’re in the process of rolling out the following best practices and will be actively training our teams on these updated measures. You can expect our properties to tailor these practices in alignment with local ordinances. How these adjustments come to life may vary by property.
We’ll continue to monitor and follow guidance provided by the World Health Organization, U.S. Center for Disease Control, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and state and local governments, and will update this page as new information becomes available.
With updated measures in place, we're proud to be part of the IHG® Clean Promise.
At all IHG® hotels, guests can be reassured that:
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
- All common areas and shared equipment will be disinfected at frequent intervals. Hand sanitizer stations will be provided throughout all common spaces.
- Where possible, physical distancing floor markers will be placed at six-foot intervals in the front desk, living room and lobby area.
- Close-contact areas, such as the front desk, will have an additional layer of protection provided by plexiglass partitions.
- All common-area furnishings will be rearranged and/or reduced to support physical distancing, and some communal items like newspapers, water stations, and kids’ toy chests will be temporarily removed.
- Our complimentary PUBLIC Bikes will have an additional layer of disinfection with the guest present prior to bike check out.
- Where it’s safe to do so, guests will be allowed to self-park as a contactless option.
To follow local and state government guidelines, we’re also temporarily closing or limiting access to certain amenities:
- Business centers will be closed.
- In cases where fitness centers are permitted to stay open, we’ll use enhanced safety and cleanliness protocols
- In cases where pools and beaches are permitted to stay open, we’ll use enhanced protocols to support physical distancing and equipment cleanliness.
We’re also reimagining our signature Kimpton programming in virtual formats:
- Morning Kick-Start will feature a “Kimpton Get Up + Go” playlist and complimentary access to Press Reader content on guests’ personal devices (available at select properties).
- Evening Social Hour will now offer opportunities to unwind and relax over a glass of wine or a cold beer in the comfort of your room.
- Program details will vary from hotel to hotel but all programming will support physical distancing.
Guest Room Cleanliness
- Between each stay, all guest rooms will be regularly disinfected following appropriate public health guidelines.
- All in-room amenities, such as communal bath products and yoga mats, will also be disinfected between guests.
- Select guest room amenities will now be available upon request so they’re freshly laundered or disinfected and delivered in a contactless way. This includes items such as:
- Extra bedding
- Items from our signature “Forgot It? We Got It” amenity program which will now include single-use gloves and face coverings
- In a few cases, we’ve removed certain guest room items as a precautionary measure or made changes to the delivery format.
- Our in-room dining program will now use single-use dishes, cutlery, and condiments, while food items will be labeled, sealed, and provided through contactless delivery.
- Our signature Inner Circle/VIP amenities will be offered in a similar way or at check-in.
Meeting + Event Cleanliness
- All meeting and event spaces will be equipped with hand sanitizer stations and spaces will be disinfected between every event.
- Updated floor plans and capacity charts will be used in our meeting/event planning process to support physical distancing for guests and colleagues.
- Communal water pitchers will be replaced with individual bottled water and certain tabletop items (stationary, pens, candy, and décor) will be temporarily removed as a precautionary measure.
- Creative room sets will adhere to physical distancing guidelines with updated floor plan capacity charts.
- Virtual AV offerings will be made available.
- Reimagined menu offerings to include prepackaged food served in sustainable containers and utensils.
- New service standards training provided to all service staff.
- Sanitation stations available inside and outside the meeting room.
- Face coverings and gloves available for meeting attendees.
- High-touch areas, such as door handles, pick-up counters, and colleague work stations, will be routinely disinfected at frequent intervals.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the restaurant’s entrance and readily available in all colleague work spaces.
- Restaurant furnishings will be re-arranged so that entrances and exits are accessible in a way that supports social distancing.
- Physical distancing markers will be used in colleague work spaces and, where appropriate, in the restaurant’s common areas.
- Pick-up, delivery and payment at our restaurants will also follow physical distancing protocol, and all pick-up locations will be arranged to allow for such distancing.
- All packaging for pick-up and delivery orders will be clean secure, and clearly labeled.
In cases where al fresco or on-premise dining is permitted, we’ll use additional protocols to maintain guest and colleague health:
- Physical distancing will be supported by limiting the number of guests per table, and ensuring tables are placed a minimum of six feet apart.
Hotel and Restaurant Colleagues: Protocols + Safety
- Colleagues will be screened for signs of illness and will stay or return home as appropriate
- Colleagues will continuously use protective equipment, and this use will be supplemented with hand-washing breaks and hand-sanitizer stations.
- Colleagues will be supported in maintaining a six-foot space from guests and from one another wherever physically possible.
- Colleagues will also use physical distancing practices with guests’ pets, including when offering dog treats.
- Colleagues will receive new training on how to deliver Kimpton’s signature heartfelt care in ways that support physical distancing, such as increased usage of Kimpton’s text messaging program.