Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 149
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by swanzeydragons Not so great stay
I think the best thing was it's location within the area and on our trip it was at a good stopping point.
I'll list the concerns I had:
1. Wow, a great big jacuzzi bath...but wait, it's nozzles are cruddy and dirty as well as other aspects of the tub. Outside of a quick (quick!) shower, I would NOT want to soak in this. Who knows what you might catch? Yuck!
2. Well, it's a fold out sofa so you can't expect much, BUT why can't I? I mean, I'm the customer, right? Anyhow, it was so thin and uncomfortable for my kids that they piled into the other two beds with the others. Now I'm not getting the added benefit for the sleep I wanted by getting the Suite.
3. The halls were old, dated, and musty smelling.
4. I think the room we had must have had some smokers in it at some point in time and also pets. Room not so fresh smelling.
5. Breakfast - had biscuits, no sausage gravy!
6. So, we get the Suite because I have 4 kids and hey, guess what? The Friggin' pool is a SHARED pool with two other hotels. AND if you go to it, you have walk all the way around the parking lot and a restaurant/bar to get there and back. You can cut through the Splash Indoor Park that it's connected to but when it closes you're walking a ways. And after all that effort, you get to a quite cute, but very tiny little pool. And maybe it was the day, but the entire room was like a sweat lodge! Seriously disappointed by that and it was not represented this way I'm sure.
7. Was NOT greeted as a Gold Member of IHG. Was NOT offered a complimentary snack or anything.
8.. That's enough. Definitely going to choose a different hotel next time despite being an IHG member. Just a complete waste really.
July 25, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RJEJZ2014 Excellent Stay
Everything about this hotel was perfect, from the friendliness and competence of the staff, to the cleanliness of the entire hotel. Breakfast was excellent and there was tons to choose from. The only reason I did not sleep is through no fault of the hotel. The rest of my group slept very well. We will definitely keep this place in mind the next time we travel through Erie.
July 21, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dcarlst Great staff, excellent value
Kudos to Heidi for getting me a great room without much notice. The staff is always pleasant here and the rooms facing the back side are dead quiet.
July 21, 2014