Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 151
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SteveR31 Great hotel and great room!
My family recently visited the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Erie and it was great. We were staying in one of the kid's suite and my daughter loved it. The kids area was sectioned off and even had its own television if she wanted to watch something different while we were in the room. The other half of the room was very spacious, had a comfortable king size bed and small kitchen area. The bathroom was very spacious and had a really nice size shower/tub. It was quiet, with the exception of a few kids running through the hall above us, but the sound was mostly muffled and was actually far less disruptive compared to other hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast bar had a nice variety, was kept stocked and there was hardly any waiting, even when it was busy. There were two service stations and it seemed to move everything along. Everything at the hotel was great! The only slight incident I had was with my key card. It would not work right after I checked in. I went back down to the front desk to get a new card, but the individual that was helping me seemed more interested in finding out what I did to make the card not work than helping, but they were still able to get me new card that worked on the first try. Everyone else at the front desk was extremely friendly and very helpful and greeted us every morning ensuring that our stay was going well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. If you have children, the Kid's Suite is definitely worth it!
July 28, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Al H Nice experience
Nice hotel very friendly staff. All went well, except the internet wifi was not adequate for the number of guests connected. It was virtually useless. If you can arrive when the hotel is not full or find other means for sending a receiving data the hotel is a great place to stay.
July 28, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by swanzeydragons Not so great stay
I think the best thing was it's location within the area and on our trip it was at a good stopping point.
I'll list the concerns I had:
1. Wow, a great big jacuzzi bath...but wait, it's nozzles are cruddy and dirty as well as other aspects of the tub. Outside of a quick (quick!) shower, I would NOT want to soak in this. Who knows what you might catch? Yuck!
2. Well, it's a fold out sofa so you can't expect much, BUT why can't I? I mean, I'm the customer, right? Anyhow, it was so thin and uncomfortable for my kids that they piled into the other two beds with the others. Now I'm not getting the added benefit for the sleep I wanted by getting the Suite.
3. The halls were old, dated, and musty smelling.
4. I think the room we had must have had some smokers in it at some point in time and also pets. Room not so fresh smelling.
5. Breakfast - had biscuits, no sausage gravy!
6. So, we get the Suite because I have 4 kids and hey, guess what? The Friggin' pool is a SHARED pool with two other hotels. AND if you go to it, you have walk all the way around the parking lot and a restaurant/bar to get there and back. You can cut through the Splash Indoor Park that it's connected to but when it closes you're walking a ways. And after all that effort, you get to a quite cute, but very tiny little pool. And maybe it was the day, but the entire room was like a sweat lodge! Seriously disappointed by that and it was not represented this way I'm sure.
7. Was NOT greeted as a Gold Member of IHG. Was NOT offered a complimentary snack or anything.
8.. That's enough. Definitely going to choose a different hotel next time despite being an IHG member. Just a complete waste really.
July 25, 2014