Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BIGG777 Best Hotel I've styed in for months
I have stayed at this hotel previously, and must say that it continues to improve on each occasion. The stays are made by the friendly staff and the great service you can rely on at 5 Lakes.
June 16, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BIGG777 Super Place to Stay
Loved every minute, staff and rooms superb. Food was great, lovely and hot, room service arrived on time and fresh - well done guys
June 14, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Cheesed1 Major Disappointment
Several factors led us to conclude the weekend break with our two young children was a mistake. We will not be returning.
Sleep was challenging, the room temperature couldn't be regulated by the air con or an open window. Other guests also complained it was hot.
Kids disturbed by drunks in the corridors (both early and late) on both nights.
The room had residue from previous guests including valuables which were handed back. The bathroom wasn't as clean as we would expect.
The pool heating was tenuous. Cold bascially. The changing area was unclean, especially the shower area.
The staff at dinner were inattentive and pre occupied. We got our steak knives after we'd finished the main course. This when there was only us and one other family dining. Good luck if it's busy.
When seeking directions the staff had limited local knowledge.
Customer service highlight?- at checkout simply told the outstanding balance, no "did you enjoy your stay" . Not worth complaining.
June 14, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TCaz Wonderful experience and very relaxing
Everything I imagined and more besides! Breath-taken by the beautiful surroundings and the design and atmosphere of the hotel.
Spent two nights de-luxe spa retreat and enjoyed every minute of it! Spending the afternoon in the relaxation room just topped it off for me.
All the members of staff, especially the spa therapists were very professional with excellent customer care. You really have thought of everything!
The food display was out of this world and so was the food itself. Couldn't have asked for a better selection.
Enjoyed relaxing in the lovely room and the comfy bed. The finishing touch was the sleep spray which did actually work!
En-suite was absolutely exquisite with the array of potions and the choice of either a shower or a bath was a tough decision!
All round perfection. Thank you very much for an enjoyable and unforgettable stay. Will never forget it.
June 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Bigg12345 What a wonderful break
Stayed here on business again and was again more than happy with the overall experience - the room was super, great food and the staff were more than helpful. The food was lovely and the breakfast lovely and fresh. I would recommend this hotel with no hesitation.
June 9, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AC68 Spa overnight stay
Excellent value for money, great food and room fab.
June 8, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Smudge13 Overall, a pleasing break
We encountered several issues during our two night break. These were resolved efficiently and with apologies, but made our break a bit 'what is going to happen/go wrong' next.
We have stayed here several times over the past few years, our final bill has not be correct yet (always over-charged). This has been rectified each time, but a little disappointed to expect it to happen each visit!
We return as we enjoy our stay and staff do rectify any problems, just look forward to a visit when there aren't any problems to rectify!
June 4, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by MissMrG This is not a 4* hotel
From the minuet we got there we had problems
1) Was told check-in was 3pm and room was not ready but web site says check in is 2pm, never mind we upgraded this was the start to all our problems.
2) Club lounge not maned people were bringing in lots of friends and taking bottles of wine away to there tables n hiding them. There was less than one canopy per person. Very very poor.
3) We were told catch 22 restraunt was closed and it was highlighted on the web page we still cannot find this.
4) Only time we could get into restaurant was 9pm the quality and choice of food was not as good as earlier after speaking to others who ate around 7pm. We were never asked if we wanted a drink or even a glass of water, our starter, main and pudding plates were all still on our table if felt as if we were invisible.
5) After dinner we went to the bar we asked for 2 Irish coffees one was correct the other looked more like a latte! The person serving us told us her manager said to still serve it ever though it was wrong wen we asked to speak to him he was not very helpfull at all.
6) There was a DJ in the bar lots of hen party's n lots a lads on golf breaks, if we knew there was a DJ on we would not have booked that weekend as it was very busy and lots of noise. I really think they should advertise if they are having a DJ on, as we were looking for a relaxing quite time. We did not get this.
7) So thinking that things could not get any worse we went to bed......how wrong could I be
We left our window open as it was very hot, we closed our window/doors due to the noise got into bed, went to turn on the TV and what do we find sitting on top of it a Pigeon yes a Pigeon lol we opened the windows to try n get it out only to find 2footballs n a tennis ball in the room .... The only thing I can think is kids must have throwing them at the Pigeon to get it into our room. We had to laugh either that or cry.
The next day we wanted to leave but after speaking to 2 of the management team they asked us to stay and they would make it up to us so we stayed (I so wish we had gone home)
8) I have never need to a 4* star hotel where thery is only a 3 slot toaster to serve the breakfast room lol. We asked for 2 poached edges each we only got one each, the other came after we had finished our breakfast.
9) We were given a complaymentry treatment in the spa when I went back to our room it was still not made up 2-45pm so I asked if it could be done next as we wanted a rest, we went back at 4-15pm to give them time BUT it was still not done, when I called I was told sorry it was forgotten and told that it never happend. ( no only to us).
10) Dinner on our 2nd night better but not by much, we were told we would be really looked after but this was not felt at all.
11) Breakfast on day 2 was very very poor there was a que of 10 people waiting for fresh food to come out. This is not 4*.
12) I asked if club lounge had Internet usage and was told no but when checking out there was information saying there was.
13) We were yet again very confused what time to check out after asking reception we were told 12noon but in our room it informed us 2pm as we are priority club members.
We had a really bad time as this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.
June 2, 2013