Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 313
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NebraskaAnne Excellent Hotel in the heart of downtown Lincoln
Very convenient to stay at this hotel as it is close to downtown and the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
April 20, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by News2015 The room that time forgot
We booked a "suite" for an extended, three-day stay during a recent convention in Lincoln.
The rate was given at one day for a "weekly" rate, and then went up to the "weekend" rate for the final two days (I thought it odd, but figured it was normal business.)
The staff was attentive and helpful with our questions and concerns, which I'm going to list below, and the room that we did have was convenient with two bathrooms.
Generally speaking, I look for "creature comforts" when I stay at hotels, typically because I refuse to use regular rooms and nearly always upgrade to a "suite."
This booking, though done a week in advance, was clearly "the suite that time forgot."
* Our "suite" was clearly two rooms that had the partition removed, we had two bathrooms, but one couch, one bed and a small(ish), older television (compared to new rooms).
* The carpet was ripped in the center,
* the couch (hide-a-bed) was stapled with a hand stapler to keep the cover on, most of the cushions were worn and torn
* The chairs were nice, and comfortable, but clearly had not been vacuumed or moved to clean underneath in quite a few stays
* the shower heads were not fitted to the walls, and of pretty poor quality - the water was, as we referred to it jokingly - ULTRA-Hard (squeaky clean!)
* there was only lamp lighting (4 for a huge room, we used the balcony windows for lighting), using old fixtures with no plug ins,
* there was one accessible plug-in on the desk, none by the bed (not on the fixtures either)
* the bathrooms were missing pieces of finish work that had been ripped off the countertops
* bathrooms were well-stocked with towels and toiletries and tissues
* The hide-a-bed had a torn and very worn mattress, and though we had booked it that way, had no sheets or blankets/pillows in the room; and no closets to speak of to look for them
* There was phone cord strung along a wall and bunched on the floor
* No Internet hardwire, wireless only
* TV was old, pretty small for this day and age (maybe 32"), no HDMI ports (which cost me about $40 for adapters for my kids)
* Two A/C units that ran independently and fought each other for temperature all night
* While it was raining, our toilets backed up (and only while raining, which was odd since we were on the second floor)
* The most available plugins were two ACE brand powerstrips that were tossed on the floor, connecting the TV, fridge, lamps and microwave all at once - there was one under the "desk" as well
* Dirt and dust/cobwebs were in nearly every corner
* There were dead flies under the king bed pillows
* The window screen pull came off the window
* The balcony was scheduled to be cleaned at 7 a.m., my daughter opened the curtain and noticed someone outside sweeping away (good thing we didn't sleep with the curtain open)
* The elevators (though there were 3) were the slowest I've ever seen or used
* The "stairs" had no first floor access, you had to go to the basement and then back up stairs to the lobby area if you didn't want to wait
* The stairwell itself looked like it had last been painted during an 80s horror movie filming, and reeked of smoke
* The garage elevator was completely separate from the hotel elevator system, and the parking garage is very small in terms of driving a mid-sized car up the ramps - the staff at the garage was nice
* The pool roof was leaking while we were there, and though the pool was nice, it was regularly pretty cold
* The food in the restaurant was great, and nicely priced, and kids eat for free (not offered, but on the check and in the menu)
* The master bed was comfortable and had more than usual fare for pillows and blankets.
* The USAToday on Saturday was nice, and there's no ridiculous rule about not removing pool towels as some hotels have.
All and all, for the price, and then the increase to the "weekend rate" during our business convention, lack of upgrades in the rooms, obvious lack of attention in numerous places inside this room in particular - we weren't too impressed, especially for the request for a "suite," our business and full three day stay.
We've stayed at this location before, and didn't have too many issues, but it appears that the lobby has been fine tuned and polished, and perhaps it was just our "Frankenroom" but we will most likely head elsewhere to the newer locations in downtown Lincoln on our next stay - if it had not been for our convention right in the hotel, we would've moved the first night.
With the new convention center downtown, this location will have to do some serious upgrades to keep competitive with the new facilities (and closer facilities) in the near future.
If I had known taking pictures was an option, I would've.
April 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by T-H adviser Confortable and convenient
We found the staff to be professional and friendly and the hotel itself to be convenient to the venue where most of our meetings were held. It is also close to many varied eating places and shopping.
April 19, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by janel56 Very accomodating staff
I had eleven persons in my group. The staff was so helpful getting us a vegetarian breakfast bag for one of our convention members. They helped with lost tickets, a lost room key, and replaced the plates in the teachers break room quickly when asked. The shuttle to the Pinnacle Bank Arena, and to the van and bus parking lot was prompt every time we needed it.
April 17, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Morris63 Comfortable bed
The bed was comfortable. The walls seem to be paper thin, we could hear the people next door laughing and talking as if they were in our room. The breakfast buffet needs a lot of work and the service was very poor. The service at the front desk was excellent as was the shuttle service. The parking attendant was excellent!
April 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KAH123 Great location
Hotel is in the heart of all the nightlife. Staff was very accommodating and professional. Would recommend and will stay again!
April 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by BK59 Downtown Convenience
Our stay at the Lincoln downtown Holiday Inn was enjoyable and convenient. A very nice place to stay if you plan to visit the downtown area in Lincoln NE.
April 14, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dave ag teacher Polite, comfortable, clean
The room and food was very nice. The banquet meal was excellent and served in a timely manner. The microphone system was good.
The only problem was the conference breakout rooms. Too crowded and too much noise.
April 12, 2015