Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 309
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KIMMY888 NICE HOTEL
EASY TO FIND THE HOTEL, LOCATION IS CONVENIENT, NEAR THE STARBUCK, M&S, BAR ESPECIALLY VERY CLOSE TO GREEN PARK STATION, CLOSE TO MANY BUS STATIONS SUCH AS 14, 18, 38.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL AS THE THERE IS STEP FREE FROM TUBE STATION TO THE HOTEL WHILE YOU HAVE MORE THAN 20 KG LUGGAGE. TUBE TO THEATHROW AIRPORT, INTERCHANGE TO VICTORIA LINE AND OTHER LINES ARE 2 MINUTES DISTANCE.
THE FRONT DOOR STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY AND THE STAFF AT BAR IS VERY NICE AND THEY ARE SO EAGER TO TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY HUSBAND AND ME. THE ROOM IS VERY TIDY AND CLEAN.
THOUGH THE ROOM RATE IS A LITTLE BIT HIGHER BUT ITS WORTH TO BOOK THIS HOTEL.
November 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Touristfromusa Excellent location and great rooms
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Mayfair for three nights and it was absolutely amazing. The only drawback was the lack of free internet. If internet is included in the package especially for Platinum members it would be a bonus. I hope the hotel staff can consider this in the future.
November 24, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Ramona79 Perfect location
Very close to everything. Comfortable rooms and very clean.
November 18, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by francoAA Comfort in the center of London
The perfect choice for visit museums, shopping , also on foot.
Excellent staff and service.
November 17, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Glamella Great location in London
Would definately stay here again, both because of the great and central location and because of the very helpful and servicemineded staff, and especially the concierge David. Thank you for all your help during our stay. :-) We will be back!
November 16, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ShahIY Holiday Inn Mayfair - Nov 2013
The Holiday Inn Mayfair is very conveniently located for those who want to do a tour, both walking or via public transport, of the city of London. The Green Park tube station is about 5 minutes walk, and if you want to do a London open top bus tour, you can get that right next to the station.
I booked the hotel for a company offsite. While the reception was a bit dated, the room was clean and service was good and very suffcient for my team's needs. We did not use the hotel's restaurant as being conviniently located, you have many choices of eateries nearby.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.
November 16, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SteveGB2013 I would definetly return
Great location! Hotel was perfect for our family of four. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable.
November 13, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ComfortFans Old-fashioned hotel in the process of renovation
- Location for families with kids: supermarket, pharmacy, snacks – 1-3 min. by foot, famous toys shops – 12 min. by foot, souvenir shops next to Trafalgar square – 15 min. by foot, Green park with squirrels and deck-chairs – 3 min. by foot, buses 9 & 14 stops to Kensington (Princess Diana Memorial Playground, Natural History and other museums) – 1 min. by foot.
P.S.: Although there is a direct line to Heathrow by tube I do not recommend it if you are with kids as it is a very crowded stuffy line with the lack of air and space, rather take a set price taxi through concierge,
- Restaurant on site: we say thank you chef! Tasty meals, our kid loved mega fish fingers, village type chips and garlic cheesy crusty bread, we enjoyed lamb chop, chicken, grilled sausages & desserts – it total we tasted 10 different dishes including starters and happy with quality and prices as well as with ‘Kids eat free’ policy. Service was fine except a couple of mistakes but we heard sorry for that. 10% service charge is included in the bill which was fine with us.
- King Executive room was offered as the only out of 2 rooms at the time of our bookig which had a normal water mixer in the bathroom sink so we took the offer specially for that but also liked additional space for kid’s games and super king size bed with the choice of pillows. However this room was not shown in the results when we tried to book it online for 2 adults + 1 child (site demanding to book more that 1 room) and I wish it was.
- Other ‘Executive’ options: bathrobes, slippers, mineral water, chocobar, scales and iron press.
While as bathroom was rather small for room’s Executive status but at least it was clean and tidy. It was also warm thanks to the hot wall battery, and I used it to dry up our towels during the day but they were replaced with fresh ones every day anyway.
There was a European socket in the room and floor level deep safe and iron in the wardobe.
- We liked the cleaning in our room and it was a pleasant surprise to find no dust on the top of a wardrobe where kid’s toy jumped up once.
- We liked the helpfulness of the reservation manager who provided all the details which we’d requested before our stay and helped with the booking.
Neither advantage nor a disadvantage: breakfast. We expected much more from a ‘Mayfair morning breakfast’ but we have to admit that it was just exactly what you expect for that breakfast price. I prefer that it would be more expensive but with a 4 star hotel rich international variety.
Taxi through concierge: I would say ‘Good’ for the final service but for some reason at first we got a much higher price for the service. I think concierge should be more precise in his reply about different conditions which might affect the final price (congestion charge, time of the day, etc.) as we were about to order taxi from another company but before that just decided to check the price once again, so I still have no idea what was the reason of the price change.
I can’t say renovation works are a shortcoming because there will be more rooms with normal water mixers, fresh walls, etc. soon but it was quite cold in those parts of the hotel where repairing works were taking place – all windows opened, and part of the pass was closed with the film, so obviously there were some inconveniences for guests who stay next to that renovation or have to go through that sector however no sign ‘Sorry for inconvenience’.
- Old-fashioned water taps in most of the rooms.
- Expensive Wi-Fi.
- Stairs on the way to the room – had I known about it before I would have asked about ‘no stairs’ way to the room – it is a problem for tourists with a lot of luggage which was our case and on top of that our kid damaged her leg there.
- Ancient public computer - the online registration page appeared to be a too modern task for it! Thanks to one reception manager we did it on concierge computer but I can’t call that procedure convenient and fast.
- It is the 1st time we stay in such an old-fashioned hotel which at the same time belongs to a large modern hotel chain - a very strange feeling, if you want to get used to it - look carefully through all the pictures of the hotel interior beforehand,
- The most disappointing incident - a deposit was taken from my card at check in without letting me know about it as I learned about it one week later while checking my account and without offering me choice either to provide my card or to give cash deposit, not to mention that now it is already 1 month since that charge but the money are still not coming back, it is the 1st time in our travelling experience.
We appreciate that the hotel added points following that but I would prefer to be offered choice next time – whether I want a cash deposit or more than one month card deposit frozen not to mention that I would be more than happy to be at least informed in advance about any actions and amounts which involve my personal bank card.
November 13, 2013