Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 270
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by cttraveler1 Mixed Feelings
First the positives:
1. Location is great if going to concerts or football game--only 5-15 minutes away from the venues.
2. Great indoor pool with rooms overlooking pool. Probably great for families.
3. Convenience of restaurant and bar in the hotel is good for individuals and families alike.
Now, the negatives:
1. Little/no recognition of platinum status. In fact, had to go down to the front desk the next day to request "Welcome Bonus" points, which still have not shown up in my account in spite of an email sent, for which I still have not received a response.
2. Room overall was clean. However, there were some spots of nasty mold on the caulk around the tub. Needs to be better taken care of.
3. Lighting in parking lot needs to be improved. Lot is huge, and, especially around the back side of the hotel, it is quite dark an leaves an eerie feeling going in from the car.
4. Front desk process and communication needs to be streamlined and communication improved. We checked in under two reservations, one being a regular night, one being a reward night (note to corporate, this needs to be streamlined on website as you cannot book these two different types of nights under one reservation.) This seemed to confuse the front desk a bit, and we had to come back the second day and "reup" our room keys, which was kind of a pain. Further, the fact that we were staying in our room two nights and not one was not communicated to the cleaning staff (see below.) On the second night, we requested a late checkout to 12 noon instead of 11AM, which was granted, but not communicated to the cleaning staff, either. (see below).
5. Because of the miscommunication between the front desk and cleaning staff, at about 11AM the first morning, we received a knock (actually several) on the door from the housekeeping supervisor asking when we were going to vacate the room, even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. We advised him that we would be staying another night and that this was told to the front desk. He was clearly not happy with this, not really rude, but gruff, and gave us the preprinted note that housekeeping had come around and saw our Do Not Disturb sign, and would recheck later, but if it was up after 1PM, we would have to call for service. When he handed this to us, we advised him that we would be leaving the room in 15 minutes and would be out for the day, so come back in about 15 minutes. When we returned late that night, we found that the room had not been serviced at all, but as it was midnight, we decided not to call down to the front desk. Nearly the same thing happened the next morning, as housekeeping was not advised of the late checkout--several knocks on the door at 11AM with the Do Not Disturb sign out, and a similar conversation and attitude. This needs to be improved.
6. It does not appear that this location has "Express Checkout." We did not receive the receipts under the door on either day, which forced us to go to the front desk to get the receipt printout, which was inconvenient.
7. Soundproofing on the rooms needs to be improved in any upcoming remodel. We were able to hear even the slightest sounds from the adjoining rooms on either side.
8. The hotel is quite large, but the layout, or at least the signage to the rooms, needs to be improved. It is a bit odd that the most direct way to some of the rooms on one side of the building requires you to walk through what appears to be an overflow portion of the restaurant/bar. It feels weird to walk through with luggage while people are eating. Also, in an effort to keep the "courtyard feel" of the very nice atrium, it can be difficult to find the signs leading you to the rooms--when checking in, we wandered for about 10 minutes with luggage trying to find the way into the room hallway.
June 25, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by larryk13 Good service but terrible mattress
the one negative, which was a big one, was that the mattress was far too soft and made sleeping rather comfortable for the entire night.
Other than that, other areas of the hotel, including the restaurant were excellent. The room itself was clean but for whatever reason, lacked a refrigerator (which is fairly standard among most hotel chains.
June 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Juron close to concerts~
we booked a shuttle recommended by the hotel! Easy drop off and pick-up. Very convenient
June 23, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by john/pearl Not a pleasant experience
The hotel is very old with limited upgrades in the rooms and hallways it is like walking in a prison, grey walls and doors. The hallways are maybe vacuumed once a week, the rooms only surface clean. I stayed 6 nights. The A/C blew only cold and the room was quite cold, in the morning I reported this to the front desk. When I returned in the evening nothing had been done, a man came by to check it and took till the next day to repair. The next day I reported very slow internet (I have an online business) that took 2 days to fix forcing me to delay some visits while I sat in a library to work. On the third day when I returned to my room it had not been cleaned. I asked that all these problems be brought to the attention of management but they did not acknowledge any of them. Upon checkout my bill included billing for breakfasts which I paid to include in my reservation "book early&save with breakfast". The person on the front desk "laticia" was the first and only representative of the hotel I could say was excellent, the rest simply acted bored. Terrible experience!
June 18, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DAMcK Great Hotel
Forced to move from a nearby hotel because they tried to put me in a smoking room. Holiday Inn was a perfect alternative. Staff was friendly, amenities were just what we needed, breakfast was tasty. Will definitely stay here again.
June 17, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by SSS30 Comfortable bed unorganized cleaning staff
They were not organized. Rooms were not available a half hour after check in. Then right after I got a room and the manager and cleaning woman walked in by using their key , when I was in there. They didn't know the front desk just gave me this room. I had an empty soda bottle behind the bed side table . There we not plugs I could get to to plug in my cell beside my bed. Seems too expensive for a unorganized, kinda dirty hotel. Although the room was so quiet and the beds were very comfortable! And it was very close to Xfinity Center.
June 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hebert2515 Recommended Stay
Had a pretty good experience at this hotel location. Food was a little pricey but did taste good. Location was convenient to attractions in the area we were visiting. Only issue we has was with the telephone service. Staff attempted to fix the issue, but may have been a technical programming issue. All in all good stay. I would recommend to others.
June 15, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mr Fitz Mansfield Holiday Inn getaway
I recently stayed at the Mansfield Holiday inn staying there myself and also treating my daughter her husband and 3 year old (my grandson :) ) to a getaway Saturday night. We stayed in 2 nice rooms on the 3rd floor interior side. The staff is great especially some of the house keepers who always said hi to us and would smile and wave at my grandson - thus he felt "very" important. The hotel is very open / friendly atmosphere - we spent an hour at the pool and they had plenty of clean poolside towels availalbe and the water was clean - warm - refreshing and I had to drag my grandson out of the water :) . We enjoyed the Sunday breakfast with piano music in the background - played in person by a nice lady pianist. Lots of families were there at breakfast - good value for the price. I sincerely recommend the Mansfield Holiday Inn. I've also stayed there on business trips and the business amenities are excellent as well as the fitness area..
June 10, 2015