Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 164
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by PhotoRobin Best staff ever!
This hotel was nicely appointed and met our expectations, but where it most excelled was their staff. Their front desk personnel were unfailingly friendly, kind, helpful and just all around professional.
We interacted with 4 different staff members on the front desk during our stay and each and every one of them exceeded my expectations.
I am looking forward to our next stay at this hotel.
April 19, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mxp0kz5 Graet Hotel
Very, clean , great rooms and friendly staff. Nice area for parent to get together with the team to eat and talk
April 14, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by BMM 83 Terrible room
I prepaid for a nonsmoking king bed and was put in a smoking room.
April 8, 2016
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Verified Reviewer BREAKFAST WAS GREAT
had to run hot water for 5 minutes before it became hot
April 8, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JC0903 Good Enough
Good enough...staff and breakfast could improve, but overall, the stay was good.
March 29, 2016
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by t4730t Great staff
Staff very good, All should be commended for representing Holiday Inn in such an outstanding maner.
March 19, 2016
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by gap00 Nice clean hotel
Consistent with the quality of a Holiday Inn Express, but a little pricey for the area.
March 9, 2016
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Cardinal1996 Would not recommend this property
Both myself and coworkers from my company booked rooms at this property twice in the span of a 2-week period for 3-night stays minimum and will not be returning in the future due to several reasons. We will opt to stay in Conyers (about 8 miles away) because the experience was THAT bad at the Covington Holiday Inn. After having stayed at multiple IHG properties for over a 10-year period, I'd have to say this was one of the worst experiences.
1) On both visits, the front desk clerk had difficulties with check-in due to apparently poor training on how to operate the credit card machine and indicated credit card was not able to be processed. It took another clerk to finally complete the check-in process.
2) On the 2nd day of the first stay, the key card didn't work and had to be rekeyed in order to obtain entry to the room.
3) During the second stay, the hotel property manager called prior to the checkin to say that the IHG Mastercard used to reserve the room would not process. Again, an error on their part, as the card was fine.
4) During the second stay, day 2, the property manager called to ask if the room was going to continue to be reserved as the maid had entered the room and said there were no personal belongings in the room and thought that maybe we had checked out. This was inaccurate. At this point, the property manager was informed of all of the previous problems enumerated above and indicated she would personally see that all of the desk clerks were properly trained since she was aware that one of the clerks in particular was having problems. She also indicated it was common for the maid to enter the room and inform her if there were no personal belongings in case someone had left the property without checking out. Mind you, a credit card was on file and this has NEVER happened at any other property.
5) A "do not disturb" sign was missing from the room, as this would have been placed on the door by the patron and opted not to have maid service. Since this was missing, the patron took all personal belongings and valuables with them during the day to prevent theft.
6) Finally, upon checkout, the patron was charged XXX for a cracked coffeepot, which the patron did not damage. (It was noted on day 1 that there was a glass coffeepot and on day 2 there was a metal coffeepot in the room, but the patron thought this was likely due to pots being cleaned and changed.) A phone call was made to the property manager regarding the incorrect charge, and she indicated the maid had been with them for years, and therefore the charge would stand as is.
March 4, 2016