It is one of the most beautiful hotel i’ve stayed, beautiful architecture and environment.
The staff is dedicated and professional and it is likely to become our new home when we come to Lyon from
now on (I’m from Lyon and visit family regularly)
I stayed there 8 nights with my Wife and 19 month old daughter. I’m a frequent traveller so stay in hotels all year long including intercontinental.
Some comments wit the objective to provide constructive feedback:
- got upgraded to duplex suite: very nice but a bit tricky with a 19 month old- did the hotel realised this?
- seems there is no exchange of information between reception and concierge: when asked reception to confirm transfer organised by concierge they had no clue
- turn down service not consistent: sometimes done, sometimes not done, when done sometimes completely, sometimes not
- no mineral water in room including in mini-bar Everyday
- service not consistent: most of the time very professional but sometimes not at restaurant/bar
- bar is beautiful but service needs to be improved: drinks can take Long or being forgotten even when place is not really packed
- room was not ready upon our arrival ie around 5pm, we had drinks offered which was nice but I expect room to be ready in time especially after official checkin time- this need to be manage and anticipated properly
- in most if not all hotels i’ve stayed amenities/equipment for babies are provided (eg bottle sterilizer, ....)- not the case here. Staff kindly proposed to purchase, I don’t mind paying but once again compare to other hotels including intercontinental this should be provided service.
Overall, was a good experience- however given cost/value and benchmarking other hotels I stay including Intercontinental, need to Ensure TOP notch service if Intercontinental Lyon wants to play and deliver in the 5 star league not only France wise but worldwide.