Europe might be the smallest of the continents, but with 50 countries and numerous cities and attractions within each, it’s no exaggeration to say Europe offers something for everyone — making it one of the best to travel to. Choosing one city or country is an almost impossible task. The best kind of European vacation is one where you travel to several cities and countries, which is fairly easy since they’re tightly grouped together within this region. Here are a few stops you should make on your European tour:
- Italy is the place to go for its culinary and cultural beauties. Eat some pasta with a glass of wine, go to a Tuscan villa and take a gondola ride in Venice.
- Spain has mountainous regions in the North and sunny plains in the South, so you have your pick of which type of Spain you want to experience.
- Greece is home to the Acropolis, as well as other ancient ruins. Travel to Santorini or Crete for sunny beaches and pretty blue waters.
- France shares a beautiful countryside, the French Riviera, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum with its tourists. All worth seeing.
- Germany has areas that look like they’re straight out of a fairytale book with their majestic castles surrounded by forests and river valleys.
- Austria is for the nature lovers with its snowy mountains, most notably the Eastern Alps. Don’t limit yourself to these places because any European travel destination is a good choice.