Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 305
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by moldovanscooter Overview
The room smelled very bad. The air conditioner had an odor of "pinesol". I believe the carpet is the cause of the odor.
August 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by msamss Friendly staff, outstanding breakfast buffet
Best breakfast buffet ever had at a Holiday Inn hotel
August 26, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BostonWins Columbus, GA
The staff was very pleasant. I particularly like the sliding door to the outside from my first floor room. Made it convenient to unload and reload my car.
August 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by eagle12 clean room
would stay again clean rooms good internet service
August 19, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by e135 Hotel needs updating, but staff are excellent
Sharon at check-in was absolutely great. Professional, confident, competent. I wish all check-ins went like this.
The hotel itself is a little run-down. I think it is an older property, especially as there were no elevators – I imagine it is grandfathered/pre-ADA.
But the room was decently clean. And the maids all were friendly and said hello as we passed them in the hall.
The breakfast buffet was sufficient – nothing gourmet, but it was good for the price. And the two waitresses were attentive, kind, professional, and hospitable.
This property is not the nicest in town and is not on the nice side of town by the river, but it worked very well for our needs – somewhere safe and clean and easy to get to for one night.
I would be OK with staying here again.
August 19, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by 5 Gingers Excellent Staff; Poor Accommodations
Purpose of trip was to visit father in St Francis who had just had a heart attack and then a week later for his memorial.
1. Staff provided excellent, courteous and prompt service and worked to accommodated any requests.
2. Good location just off the highway and a few blocks from St.Francis hospital.
3. Gave a discount to relatives of patients in St. Francis. Thank you.
1. 2-story hotel but NO elevator so be prepared to drag luggage up the stairs.
2. Hot water in bathroom was inconsistent. Sometimes the faucet needed to be turned to the right and at other times to the left. Take a guess.
3. Pool was closed but looked to be in good working order. Water appeared clean, clear and blue. Chairs and tables were set up around the pool but the sign on the gate said CLOSED which didn't go over well with a family of 3 kids during the hot summer.
4. After 1 night our room had a SEVERE spoiled milk or mold smell however we hadn't had any milk in the room or bathroom. Could not find source anywhere in or outside room. Maintenance came, checked the A/C unit (new) and then sprayed it with a commercial room deodorizer.
5. WiFi was free but out of range. IT corrected WiFi the first night however the range decreased again without us knowing so our kids kept playing games on their devices and used a great deal of our personal data plan. Not happy.
6. Did not provide free breakfast as many hotels do. 2 tickets were given to us for a free breakfast but for a family of 5 for 2 nights it was inadequate.
7. Other family members in town for the memorial were able to get rooms for the same price.
Hotel seemed to be under remodeling.
August 14, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Younger Sister Fine, But Not So "Full Service"
I booked this hotel based on previous experiences at Holiday Inns; however, I was a little disappointed by what is considered "full service." There was NO elevator in a two story hotel, but the receptionist kindly found us a room on the first floor because of our health issues. There was No refrigerator or microwave in our room, which I have come to expect. There were No hangers in the closet space except the one on which the laundry bag was attached. Servers had to bring coffee and juice to our table in the breakfast room, which was very busy mainly because there are many visiting servicemen housed there, instead of being self-serve.
August 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by airborne21 A Fantastic Experience
Mary and Kevin were two of the staff member names I was able to obtain. Mary was the manager and made my room reservations. Kevin was in charge of the restaurant for dinner. Mary took the time to find a room on the bottom floor for a guest that had broken his ankle in a military training exercise. Kevin provided a very good meal promptly and exactly as I had ordered. I will stay here again many times! Rate was exceptional, the room was VERY clean. It was a non smoking hotel so the rooms were fresh and the bathroom was very clean. Bed was comfortable and the bed linens were white as if they were new off the shelf! I have stayed many places over the years and this hotel/experience would rate in the top 10% of "it's class"! Thank you!!!
August 11, 2015