Rated 2.6 out of 5 by 23
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by abe1965 Decent hotel
The hotel is decent. Nothing fancy. The facilities badly need renovations. The staff needs better training
January 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by azk613 Nice Getaway
My wife and I went for a night just to "get away" and found the hotel to be very pleasant.
December 28, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by BusinessTrav07 Holiday Inn Ashkelon
This is an older hotel and it needs some work. The ceilings are peeling in some rooms-I requested a change of room. The staff is not helpful nor are they very friendly.
The amenities in the room were non-existant. No body lotion and shampoo in a pump dispenser on the wall in the tub.
The location is nice, right by the sea.
December 26, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by beny28 really bad smell
when i did the check-in and i've entered the room, it was full with a bed smell
November 29, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Rhabat Disappointing
When I tried to go to the gym of the Hotel, Hotel staff asked for a entry fee of 25NIS. In all other 3 to 5 star hotels, I have stayed in, the gym was for free.
When I returned from work at 23:00h it was not possible to get something to drink except tab water.
Internet stability was weak
November 25, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Mmd3 Would not recommend this hotel
The room smelled bad. Was not recognized as gold member. Run down facility.
October 20, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Saralita One of worst hotel stays ever.
We arrived at 4pm after a long drive with 2 small children and our room wasn't ready, while on the reservation it says that check-in is 3pm. On Friday at 2pm (when most Israeli's lay for afternoon nap) we returned to our room and there was a group of people sitting in plastic chairs in front of our door and they literally were annoyed when I asked them to move so I could slide my key card. They made so much noise that it was unbearable and from 4-5pm we attempted to get help from the hotel establishment. They were extremely rude and made louder noises, played a radio and sang songs in order to irritate us more. The reception didn't answer the phone at all during our stay (the reason they gave when we walked to the front desk and asked, is they are too busy). When the reception wouldn't answer the phone, we called security. The security came by few times and asked them to be quiet. They ultimately explained to us that this is a normal situation, noisy guests, as they were a large family having a pre-wedding meeting. So we were expected to tolerate this noise, as they were a much larger paying party. We requested a new room, and we had to pack and lug all of our belongings with our 2 small children and move to the other side of the hotel (all the while, the people outside our door were mocking us) By this time, several hours later, we were full of frustration, and even the kids were very nervous. We got to the new room and the closet doors wouldn't open and they didn't have a bed for our children. We waited until 10pm to get the children's bed and they never fixed the closet. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone, nor will we ever come back!!
October 8, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ittboss Anyone In Charge??
As a Platinum IHG Member I was rather disappointed with this hotel. The only way to describe the hotel, is that they lack proper management. Its quite a shame to see such a strong decrease in service from just 2 years ago. The only reason I note that it has good value is because I stayed there with IHG points. I really hope they fix up their act really soon.
1) Waited in line by check-in for over an hour!!! Arrived at check-in time (I believe at 3 PM) and waited along with about 30 others, and all I kept hearing was "the rooms aren't ready". There is no separate check-in for platinum, so that is a bummer as well. Kudos to the check-in agent (young man originally from Argentina) who at least gave me a smile and was able to accommodate me after the insanely long wait.
2) No bell-boy: they have about 3 these outdated carts and make me drag my luggage on my own. As a matter-of -fact after leaving my luggage on the cart for 3 minutes, I was screamed at by the staff member for hogging the cart. If I got a little help, this wouldnt be a problem.
3) Housekeeping is atrocious: No towels, soap, laundry bags, sheets. I had to call (and wait for 2 hours) for these items. The towels I received were pool towels, reeking from chlorine. After entering the shower realizing that there is no soap/shampoo in those dispensers hanging from the wall. If you provide absolutely no amenities, at least make sure what is there is stocked. Unbelievably sad.
4) Deaf-Ears: Bumped into a Manager (in Hebrew: SaManKal) during my stay and told him about my experience, all he said was "I will look into it". I cant remember if he asked me for my room number, but it would have been nice to hear that he really cared. If management doesnt care, who will.
5) "Friendly-goodbye": While packing up and getting ready to leave, 2 security staff came to my room to "remind me" when check-out time was even though I had an hour still left. No comment besides for that that is a very classy move.
September 28, 2013