Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 130
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by disappointed in 2014 holiday inn
very old furniture needs total remodeling not holiday inn quality
October 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Turbine Steve Business Visit
The staff was really great. Some of the best around.
The food was pretty good too... not what you would get at a $700 / night property but well prepared and priced.
Room and bathroom were clean but, the room itself was tired and is in need of some updating.
Lamp shades and curtain over the AC / Heat unit were stained, carpet was pretty shot but again, it was clean.
Yes, it was a "smoking room" and I truly appreciate the additional maintenance that requires and I would be willing to pay an additional fee for it.
Overall, it was a good experience, room just needed a little TLC.
October 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by rdw5150 Great stay. Painless the way they should all be
Comfortable room. Though just average cleanliness. Great staff.
October 22, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hugo dad impressed
Best customer service yet!! Great job. The man working the front desk was very good at his job. He made us feel welcome. He also helped us get a taxi. The pillows in the room are great.
October 21, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by RXBG Eight day and night stay
This hotel exceeded my expectations in most ways. And was in line with expectations in the rest. Staff was excellent and always friendly. Cleanliness throughout was excellent. The room (non-smoking, king) was very well furnished and seemed quite spacious compared to similar hotels.
My only real complaint would be that the included breakfast was a bit sub par compared to other hotel included breakfasts. Food selection was pretty limited, and was exactly the same every day. The scrambled eggs in particular were generally over cooked and sat in the serving pan for too long. They are never the best when served from a buffet like this but these were below average even for buffet eggs.
However the fresh cooked scrambled eggs that I ordered from the kitchen one day were very good. And any other food from the hotel kitchen was also good.
I would recommend and return to this hotel.
October 16, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ASLOK Kiwi ASLOK 2014 10 day stay
The staff went out of their way to make my stay relaxing and comfortable with a minimum of fuss and an engaging, pleasant experience. I look forward to staying again next year
October 15, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by PietroA You Get What You Pay For1
1. The exterior entrance in the back of the hotel was not secured. There was a card reader installed but the door was unlocked allowing anyone to enter into the hotel. I can understand the main entrance open but not an unsupervised one.
2. I turned on the TV and nothing! I called the Front Desk to report the problem. I was told they would alert maintenance right away. I waited for over an hour and they never showed up. I had to leave for a while and stopped at the front desk on my way out. The Front Desk clerk told me in effect “Oh yea, that’s right. I forgot to call maintenance”. The TV was fixed once I got back two hours later.
3. The Holiday Inn is just old. The lamp shades were stained and had a hole in it and the white sheer curtains were stained.
4. The bed pillows were the size of throw pillows.
5. It took three attempts to get Room Service to answer the phone. When Room Service didn't answer my call the first attempt I was transferred to the Front Desk who transferred me back to Room Service who didn't answer the phone a second time. I was again, transferred to the Front Desk who again transferred me back to Room Service. Room Service finally answered on the third attempt.
6. It took over 70 minutes for Room Service to deliver my meal. I could have prepared it myself is less time.
7. The fan on the Heater/Air Conditioner was at hurricane strength, even set to low. It kept me up all night.
1. I got an excellent rate. That’s the primary reason I re-booked another reservation. You really do get what you pay for.
2. Everyone was very friendly and professional.
3. Once I got it, the Room Service meal was very good. Good portions.
4. Once the TV was working, it had a wide selection of popular channels.
5. The Front Desk staff was very accommodating. I requested an early check-in and was able to check-in at around 9:00am due to an empty room.
It’s just an old hotel. It was clean, the rooms are a good size, free wi-fi is great and everyone was really nice. I read the reviews prior to making my reservation and the Hotel management kept mentioning the renovations that were coming. I hope my next booking in early November is a renovated room.
October 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by litlrivr Excellent
I don't do reviews or give perfect marks as a rule with this exception. Everything there has been great. We have traveled to Cleveland twice this year for the Clinic. We have at least two more visits there this year. I can't express strongly enough how the Holiday Inn has been a blessing for us. We are making trips we may not be comfortable with, but it IS comforting to know we are going to stay with friendly, courteous folks. Had the opportunity to chat with a man cleaning the carpets in the hallway. Said he had been there for over 20 years if memory serves me correctly. I can see why. Thank you for being so great during a difficult time.
October 9, 2014