Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 58
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Iwontbecomingback This has been the worst experience in a typical Intercontintal hotel
Where do we start ?
1) tablecloth at breakfast table for one week always had food stains ( even though it was emerald green in colour)
2) Apart from African food ( average), the scones, breads, banana cake etc where found to be extremely poor qualityfor this kind of hotel .
3) They say gym is 24 hours - forget it , at 5-6am it is almost like a sauna... airconditioner almost not working
4)Complaints directly with management are never followed up .
5) An extremely expensive hotel for level of service rendered
6) Eating in the Italian restaurant on top of the large nice lobby- was initially nice but we were constantly being bitten by insects and mosquitos ( because the main glass entrance door to the hotel which was below us is left wide open)
7) Power cuts constantly affect your TV in the room so, when generators switch on it takes almost 5 minutes to get back to the DSTV program if watching something ;after a while (stay for a week) you can't be bothered
8# Chinese and Italian restaurants were OK, # average for standard of hotel# but considered best place to eat...
9# Presentation of breakfast fresh fruit - pineapple/ melon is very poor - pieces cut were too big ; cut into chunks...
10) if you want to leave your room and place " do not disturb " sign the electronic sign cuts out after a change in electricity from main source to power generators. The backup sign paper "do not disturb signs" virtually a waste of effort, as it tears or does not hang onto door handle. So constantly had cleaner opening the doors... really annoying..
11) Good gym but ... Treadmills they have 8 but only 4 working,
12) nothing in gym to wipe down machines after use...
13) water coolers in gym do not have a mat so, spilt water becomes a hazard...
14) General finishing within the hotel is of a very hard standard
15) breakfast is $40 each buffet; no option for continental breakfast other than directly in room.
16) One evening we asked for a steak; "well done" please# it came rare, ozzing with blood). Mash potatoes was from a packet, vegetable was lukewarm...
I could go on and on... they need international expertise which is obviously lacking in this hotel. Hope competition will sort this out by rivals taking their customers...
You have been warned.
18 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Great Improvement
Intercontinental Hoel. Lagos has really improved in their service and the appreciation of the. IHG ethos which a returning customer like me values the most during every stay.
17 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by amaemm Nice but pricey
Great place to stay in Lagos. a lot of options as far as hotels go in Lagos but you wont go wrong with the intercontinental.
16 July 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Dave1985 Elevator troubles
Elevator had countless problems during the stay. I got stuck on a number of floors for 20 minutes or more because the lifts stopped responding. We were part of the Unilever group who had organized a large , international conference at your hotel - it was unacceptable that the lifts provided so much trouble whilst we had over 170 guests staying there. At one stage, one of our suppliers got stuck in a lift with another woman for over 20 minutes. If you are going to charge world class prices - thing a like this cannot happen.
Further to the above - your staff were extremely welcoming and friendly which was great, as was the food. Service was extremely slow though. Especially at the Chinese restaurant, the 5th floor bar, and the pub on the 5th floor. This needs to be attended to - especially when the food and drinks are so expensive.
Although the overall experience was good - I believe I will be staying away until your lift issue is sorted out.
07 July 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Sundabag12 Still one of the best places to stay in Lagos
I have been staying at this hotel every time I vist for the past 9 months. I prefer it over others tht I have stayed (yes, I have tried most others).
The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly and are very willing to solve your problems. Problems? Yes, I had a few. Occasional loss of hot water, poor television this time around. The elevator can be noisy sometimes. The steam room had not been fixed since November!
Overall, it is an excellent and very safe hotel with friendly staff thst are responsive. It will be superb if most of the "little annoyances" can be fixed. However, they are not big enough to make me go elsewhere (yet) on my monthly visits to lagos.
05 July 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Manney Good experience with nice staff.
Staying at Intercontinental Hotel was a refreshing and great experience.
Additionally the time stayed at the hotel was made quite interesting and fulfilling with the nice disposition of the staff and fellow hotel guests.
I am thoroughly convinced that I will be back (apologies to movie actor).
A suggestion is that Hotel guests should be given preferential treatment with respect to Parking Basement spaces. It is an anomaly for an Hotel Guest to be informed to park outside while temporary visitors for functions be parked at the basement.
04 July 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by yzaky Poor Service
as mentioned before there was a lack of tidiness and room quality
01 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mugushu REVIEW BY MUGUSHU
As a regular guest of the hotel I appreciate that many staff members know me by my name; from concierge to reception, restaurant and even senior members of staff. They always go the extra mile to ensure my comfort even before I get to the hotel. Some even call me using their personal phones even before I leave my country once they learn that I will be visiting the hotel.
26 June 2014