Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 68
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 Not recommended
Our family had the opportunity to stay at this resort with the expectation that it would be 3 nights and 4 days of rest and relaxation as you would expect from an Intercontinental property. In all fairness, the property is fantastic and it has everything that you would want with a spa, great pools, three restaurants and a beach front location. Regardless all this amenities the one thing this property lacked was good old fashion CUSTOMER SERVICE! There is really no substitute for this of most basic of ingredients for a good stay.
Don't expect to be pampered here. The following is a list of our issues:
1. No pool service. During the 3 days there at no point did any staff member came up to use and asked us if we needed anything or offered to get us drinks. If you wanted anything you needed to walk up to the bar and get it yourself. What a missed opportunity not only to make things special for the guest, but also for missed revenue for the hotel.
2. Poor bar service. Since no drink service was provided at the pool I approached the pool bartender to order some drinks for my family. She then proceeded to mentioned that she had already cleaned the bar and she was in the process to closing down for the day a full 30 minutes before closing time. I had to push to get her to fix us some drinks and get passed her inconvenience.
3. Birds eat off the buffet. Wild birds were allowed to eat off the buffet and when mentioned this to the restaurant manager he did not apologized for the incident and furthermore was put out that we brought this to his attention.
4. Restaurant does not allow children. This property has 3 restaurants, however beware that one of these has a dress code and does not allow children. This point was not mentioned anywhere in their website, a point that would have been good for us to know. Also one of the restaurants was closed for repairs and and the only restaurant in the property open for lunch, during the hottest part of the day, was the out door restaurant.
5. Friendliness needs to be reviewed here. The overall feeling from the staff is that they are doing the bare minimal work needed to accomplished their jobs. Being friendly and project joy and a smile is just extra for them.
6. Discrepancies in the bill. To top things off, when it was time to check out we're presented only 1 page of our 2 page bill and several discrepancies were found that required my wife to spend about 15-20 minutes of the unpleasant task of ironing this out.
These are just some of the main complaints that we had with this property, there are more but in the interest of time and space we don't want to beat a dead horse.
Needless to say I was very sadden and disappointed that as a panamanian living abroad I got this sub-par level of service from my home country. All future guest be ware this is an Intercontinental property in name only.
04 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by WATIII Wonderful Experience
This is a very nice facility all the way around. The staff were phenomenal; I took the time to send IHG a note on how outstanding they were and recognized several exceptional employees and examples of their over and above service.
The kitchen staff and dining room servers were excellent and took fabulous care of us. Just a wonderful experience with some of the nicest pools you've ever seen. Not sure why the red flag was up the entire time but that prevented us from swimming in the ocean. But we didn't feel cheated because the pools are so great. They have a really nice gym that we used every morning and my wife used the "spa" for a facial and was treated very well. Rooms were beautiful and the staff kept them spotless and even fixed us up with ice each evening, closed the drapes and prepared the room for sleeping while we were out and about on the grounds.
30 June 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Manchester33609 Nice Stay, but needs updating
Hotel was a pleasant stay. The location is great with access to the Canal Zone and the Old Town. The hotel is dated and needs some serious renovations. The elevators never seemed to work right and the ice machine broke several time just for a couple examples. The pool is chopped up into sections and also very old.
The hotel also seemed to be hustling you to make money at every turn. I was charged a dollar to print out two boarding passes in the business center. I also had to fill out forms to get towels at the pool. The Wifi was free for everybody at the hotel even though I was told this was a rewards member perk.
26 June 2014