First and foremost, I want to say my family enjoyed the stay and found the facilities to exceed my expectations of a Holiday Inn Express. The room was large and comfortable. The variety of pillows
met our needs as my wife likes thin soft pillows and I like supportive pillows. The following are a few comments to consider:
1. Upon arrival it is not clear where you should drive up and park while checking in...signs would be useful.
2. There was a delay in the television channels making me believe that the hotel didn't receive many channels at first.
3. The breakfast was sufficient but the eggs tasted as if they were cooked elsewhere and simply reheated.
4. AC unit cooled the room but it didn't eliminate the humidity.
5. Due to the closeness of the local clubs the live bands could easily be heard from my room. Fortunately, they stopped playing at 2400 which was reasonable for a Friday and Saturday night.
6. It would be great if the hotel had a shuttle to/from UT. [Less]
close to 6th street
almost brand new hotel just a few blocks from famous 6th street in down town Austin Tx.
make sure not to take Neches St up from 6th street... you will run into the homeless shelter and salvation
army and ALOT of scary homeless people...
the rooms are almost perfect!!!
the pool was perfect!!
the bathroom shower was clean and tons of hot water
the view from my room was ok [Less]
Nice, new hotel, good staff.
Arrived late. Some maintenance issues, but just wanted to go to bed so we advised them in the morning. There was a lot of bass/noise from a bar across the street. All together they made for a bad
nights sleep. The room itself was nice and clean except for staining in the grout of the bathroom floor. The hotel lobby was fresh and shiny and clean. Pool area was fun. Breakfast was good. The homeless shelter across the street made for an interesting walk the next morning. [Less]