In the heart of the city with views of the Minster.
The Principal York, steps from the train station, is the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, Principal York offers its guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines. Award-winning interior architects Goddard Littlefair have refurbished and restored the hotel’s rooms and public spaces to create 155 elegant, comfortable bedrooms and suites in balanced, neutral tones that offer more than just a place to sleep. Free, superfast Wi-Fi with a maximum bandwidth of 100Mb is available throughout the hotel and if you decide to visit us by car, the hotel provides a car park for guests’ use at a charge of £15 for 24 hours.
Languages Spoken By Staff
- Service Animals Allowed
- Wheelchair accessible guestrooms are furnished with grab bars in the shower and emergency pull cords at the bedside. The hotel is accessible via the Sidings entrance and entrance from the station, all areas throughout the hotel for wheelchair use including our meeting rooms. For further information, feel free to contact the hotel directly.Our Concierge team are available to assist.
- Guestroom Accessibility Details
- Furniture can be rearranged for added space
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms & Routes
- Bathroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Bedroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Grab Bars/Adequate Maneuvering Space/Tall Toilets
- Adequate Turning Space
- Padded Plumbing/Clearance Beneath Vanity
- Elevator Accessibility Details
- All Level Elevator Access
- Wheelchair Accessible Elevator
- Elevator Near Accessible Rooms
- Public Area Accessibility Details
- Public Restroom: Padded Plumbing/Vanity Clearance
- Public Restroom: Wheelchair Accessible Stalls
- Wheelchair Accessible Public Restroom
- Restaurant Wheelchair Seating
- Public Facilities Accessible
- Parking Accessibility Details
- Flat Terrain Between Parking/Entrance
- Wheelchair Accessible Curb Cuts/Street Parking
- Accessible Parking Spaces with Posted Signs
- Disabled/Accessible Parking
- Wheelchair Accessible Parking/4 Spaces
- Your four legged friend is welcome, in our hotel, your pet is also on vacation. There is an additional charge of 30 GBP per room per night per dog. Please note, we MUST be made aware prior to your stay if you will be bringing a pet.
- 0 GBP
- Standard Rooms, Suites, Business Center, Public Areas and Meeting Convention Space
- Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA)
- Estimated taxi Cost : 45 GBP
- Estimated time by taxi : 23 Minutes
- Car parking is available
- Parking Spaces/90 Spaces
- Daily self parking fee : 15 GBP
- The Hotel offers an onsite car park of nearly 90 spaces which are offered on a first come, first served basis. This is charged at £15 per 24 hours or £3 per hour up to a maximum of £15.